The MiniDrive | microSD Adaptor | MacBook Air/Retina/Pro
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Quickly, simply, and discreetly increase the data storage space in any MacBook through use of a microSD.
- Sits flush and fits securely into the SD slot of most modern (2010+) MacBook computers. See compatibility chart for further info.
- Fits: MacBook Air 13'' Late 2010+ | MacBook Retina 15" 2012 (Only)
- Fits: MacBook Pro 13'' Mid 2009+ | MacBook Pro 15'' Mid 2009+
- Shipped OEM w/out retail packaging.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The quality/look is shoddy, using a clear plastic strip to pull out the card looks pretty hokey to me. I would avoid this thing.
EDIT 3/27/2013. I opened one up and put it under the microscope. It appears quite clear why these devices do not work. The printed circuit board is cut up on one end to make it fit flush with your computer. The cut goes right through the copper plating with small pieces sticking out, possibly providing pathways for short circuits. These things are NOT NEW but rather modified boards that should not be sold as new. Even if the quality you happened to have is good enough to work, would you trust your data, your work to be saved on an SD card in this device? I wouldn't.
1) Cheaper than Nifty MiniDrive
2) Fits all my Macbooks, Easy to transfer from book to book
3) Does its job and it is hidden from view
Cons(Minus 1 Star) :
1) Nifty MiniDrive looks slightly better
2) A bit flimsy & ugly
I would recommend this product to those who want a cheaper alternative to Nifty Minidrive in order to quickly add storage space.
All in all though, it was well worth the money!
11/10/13: Just a quick update to pass along another interesting note about this product. It fits PERFECTLY into a Raspberry Pi when using a PiBow case. If you use the Adafuit Micro-USB adaptor board you'll see that the case bows a little when you tighten it down due to the thickness of it. No such problem here. It slides in nicely and the little plastic tab allows for removal if you want to change cards.
03/09/14: Another thing of note. This is NOT meant for frequent swapping around from device to device. It's pretty flimsy. the tiny tines between the contacts will bend really easily. You'd be better off going with a PNY StorEDGE (which works great.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I've been using in for close to 3 years now, with almost no hitch. The earlier versions of the Mac OS would occasionally "eject" the dirve, which required a system... Read morePublished 36 minutes ago by prabhu
Works great, can't complain. It's a great 20$ option, if you wanna something more robust, you should try TarDisk and pay 150$ to 400$. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Joshua
This product solved my issue with the SD card sticking out of the side of my ACER ES-1. Works great, fits great, would definitely buy again!Published 5 months ago by Timothy J DeCesaro
Garbage. Don't waste your money. Here are the issues I have with this product:
1) Does not fit properly. It is too small for MacBook Pro 13.
2) Poor quality. Read more