Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

Showing 1-10 of 138 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on December 11, 2011
When I pre-ordered my Fire, I also ordered the only leather cover available at the time ... the Kindle Fire Leather Cover by Marware, Black. Shortly after receiving my Fire, I noticed the MiniSuit cover being sold at a much lower price. I ordered one immediately, along with their Universal Capacitive Stylus Pen for Amazon Kindle Fire & Touch 3G, Apple iPad 2, iPhone 4s, Droid Bionic, Accessory for All TouchScreen Devices.
At this point, I'm planning to sell the Marware cover and keep the MiniSuit one. I'm much happier with the options for changing the display angle, and the slightly lower quality material doesn't bother me a bit.
My actual score is 4.5 stars ... I took away .5 stars because the fit isn't absolutely perfect. However, I highly recommend that you save money and buy this cover instead of the much more expensive alternative.
on February 2, 2012
I received this case less than a week after I ordered it. For the price ( I got it for under $10) I thought that it would make an ok first time case until I could get the money for a better one. The case is really snug and a perfect fit for the kindle fire.it does not interfear with hitting any buttons. Before I had the case I would accidently hit the power button all the timw I don't have that problem. I also love how it has a magnetic close and that the case doesn't make it too bulky. I will definately be recommending this product. I gave it four stars because u can tell it was cheaply made in some spots but you have to look hard to tell. It also add a little friction so it doesn't slip out of your hands which is great since my two year old son loves playing on the kindle and watching movies.
on February 10, 2012
Since my Kindle is new, I was gifted with a free month trial of Amazon Prime. As such I got this Kindle cover at a 72% discount off the retail price. Which is, incidentally, about all the product is worth. If I'd have paid full retail, I would have been pretty upset. Most third-party accessories for these kinds of electronics are sub-par and this is no exception. The leather-look vinyl on the outside is thick and appears rugged. The soft material inside is smooth, and doesn't make my skin crawl like microfiber does. The closure is hidden magnet, which actually works well to my surprise. There is a cheap elastic pen loop on the side that is useless. It's way too big to hold a stylus (mine fell right through it), so I assumed it was for a pen - which would be great if this was a Daytimer - but nobody I know uses a pen for a Kindle.

My biggest complaint about this cover is that it was shipped with a little stuffed "mini suit" on a keychain that I believe is meant to be a screen cleaner...maybe? It's about 3/4-inch long, with shiny plastic on one side, and microfiber on the other. It's really too small to be functional, and I would have been much happier if the cover had NOT been shipped with it, as when it was packed, it was done so that the metal of the keychain jammed permanent indented holes in the cover of the vinyl. What a horrible idea.

There are a couple redeeming qualities:

1) The stand aspect is FANTASTIC. It has a sturdy flap on the back that holds the cover back, with the cardboard folds in the perfect spots, providing a very sturdy stand for landscape hands-free viewing. The same flap folds around the back of the Kindle in portrait view so - unlike other products reviewed in this line - you can read the Kindle like a paperback with the cover folded behind it comfortably flat, unlike a hard edged triangle in your hand. Again, the folds are in the perfect places.

2) The cover holds the outside edges of the Kindle all the way around. Some e-book covers hold the Kindle in the cover with cheap elastic straps. I think that gives the product a cheap look, not to mention, unsafe. This cover holds the Kindle snugly, all the way around for a perfect fit. The bottom framing is a bit big, as it does interfere a tiny bit with navigating the bottom of the touchscreen, but it's certainly not a huge annoyance. The access openings are perfect.

3) The best aspect of this case, which I think is the most unique - and the only reason it got that 4th star from me - is that the Kindle doesn't slide in through the top, or the bottom, risking the possibility that it might - someday - slide out (not that it could anyway, it's held pretty snugly), but it slides into the cover from the INSIDE of the cover at the spine, complete with a velcro tab that tucks behind it to hold it in place, and is hidden when the cover is otherwise in use. All that and it STILL folds perfectly for both portrait reading and landscape hands-free viewing.

All that said, despite the shoddy-looking PU Leatherish cover with indent holes on the front, the function of the case makes it worth $10. Unless I desperately needed a cover, I would be hesitant to pay more than that for it based on looks alone. In fact, despite all the positives, had I seen this in a store with that retail price tag on it, I would never have spent money on it. A slight improvement in design material could probably improve the perception of this cover 100%.

Oh yeah, and either pack those stupid little keychains in bubble wrap, or in a separate envelope, or throw them away altogether. Damaging your product with a stupid advertising gadget is just a waste.
This Kindle Fire Cover fits perfectly and is a very good value compared to other covers. This is my fourth Kindle Fire cover and find that this one provides almost as good protection and functionality as the much more expensive ones for a fraction of the price. Here are my observations:

Pros -
+ Quality; decent material and construction
+ Protection; provides full coverage when closed
+ Functionality; gives access to the USB and earphone ports, doesn't cover up the speakers, and doesn't block the screen
+ Stand; works by folding the cover and tucking it into the tab on the back, works great in "Landscape" mode (sideways)
+ Cover; flap held close with magnets that hold reasonably well

Cons -
- No "Portrait" mode stand, which would be useful for hands free reading
- Cover flap folds awkwardly behind when holding the Kindle, took a bit to get used to holding it

Overall, this is a very good choice for a very functional cover at a reasonable price.

Recommended!

CFH
on June 18, 2012
This is really a great cover. I have both a Touch and a Fire and I did not want my covers to cost half the price of the unit. What I love most about this is the ease of the stand. My only issue is that there are two angles you can adjust it too and both are a bit to far back. I end up propping it forward when using it to watch movies on. However it works great to prop up and read in bed with.

No cover lock, the magnet is not strong, nor could it be, so I wish there was a toggle to make it more travel friendly/safe. I have made a pouch to put it in.

BUT this is one HECK of a sturdy cover and feels nice in the hand, protects the screen and comfortable to hold while reading. PLUS THE PRICE! HOLY COW!
on August 14, 2012
This case isn't as high quality as some of the similar cases that are slightly more expensive, but it does get the job of protecting the kindle from harm done. My case has a couple rough edges and has been fraying at the corners after a few months of use.
on January 3, 2012
I looked at a lot of cases on Amazon and this one was not only reasonably priced, but also got great reviews. There is no reason a case for a Kindle or iPad has to cost $50, and the MiniSuit case is proof positive. The Kindle fits very snug in the case, and there is no chance it will fall out. The quality is reasonable and I really like the fact that you can have two angles for the stand.
The reason I did not give it five stars is that it doesn't have the ability to be a stand for the portrait orientation. Landscape works great, but it really should have a way to stand up the Kindle in Portrait. Otherwise, it is a great product and you should not hesitate to purchase it if you want a quality case at a reasonable price. Great job MiniSuit.
on July 21, 2012
A relative just wanted a basic case for her Kindle Fire so I ordered this as a gift. It provided a nice snug fit for the Kindle and the magnetic cover is a nice feature. I specifically wanted a case where the Fire slid in instead of clipped in and this fit the bill. The material it's made of isn't exactly high-end but it's easy to hold onto without slipping. I don't know how durable it will be but the construction looked fairly solid. All in all, it's a pretty good value and you really can't go wrong with it.
on February 6, 2012
Great item for the price. Fits the kindle Fire well. Provides great protection with correct openings for the speakers, interfacing cable, 3.5mm audio, and power button. A little thicker than I'd like. Also, the built in stand does not work well. It will only stay standing if you are extremely careful not to disturb the balance, and how the cover tucks into the back tab. Will not stand vertically (the long way). So, only but this if you need a decent cover, that can be set on a table, horizontally. I have the same exact cover for my IPAD2, and they are of the same exact quality. I would say it is pretty consistent.
on January 5, 2012
Now here is an inexpensive,versatile case for your KindleFire. I just received it and put it thru situations that I would normally use and I'm impressed. Once the KF is inserted it gets tucked in for extra protection from slipping out, which in the short time I have used it I couldn't dislodge the device. There is an opening at the bottom for easy access to the power button and with the KF in the case the button is not in a position to be inadvertently pressed. It feels comfortable in my hands while holding either in landscape or portrait modes. The nice extra is the fold over case that slips into a pullout bracket to create a stand effect in landscape mode so you don't have to hold the device while watching video's, movies, etc. For me the best feature is the sense of security in holding the Kindle. I don't have that fear of the shiny slippery device falling out of my hand(s) and if it should I think the case should take a decent hit. I would recommend this case as a "buy"