Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on March 23, 2011
MinnKota must have taken their time engineering this product.

It installs really easily - in under an hour - just drill 4 holes, bolt it on, and run the wire.

It holds great - even in 35 knot winds. The only problem I've had is that in very high wind in 2-3' of water, you have to push the boat back with a pole or the motor to relieve the tension to get it to raise.

Rough Water mode is helpful too, I anchored in 6' of water in 3' chop, and didn't go anywhere.

The remotes work great, it deploys super fast, it shoots straight down, and has a built in alarm to remind you to raise it before you take off.

I'm very pleased with the product!
on August 21, 2012
This unit was easy to install and at the touch of a button deploys quickly. (Much faster than the competition and without all the hydraulic installation) This baby stops you on a dime and has aided in me catching several hundred fish this summer. I would recommend one to anyone considering putting one on their rig.
on May 16, 2012
I can't speak for the Power Pole because I have never owned one so I can't really compair the two. The Talon was more reasonable in price and Minnkota has a good reputation. So far I am 100% satisfied with the unit. It was very simple to mount, it only took a few minutes to do. I have a 19 foot Champion boat and it holds it with out any problem. Deploys quick enough and with little noise. It is nice to be able to anchor with the Talon when there are no stumps to tie to.
The only thing I don't like is the alarm when the pole is down and the key is turned on to start the big motor. It is not loud enough. You can hear it but if you are not paying attention you will not hear it.
on September 26, 2011
This MinnKota Talon is an awesome product and works great! Great Quality and very easy to mount. I mounted this on my Nitro Z-7 and it only took about 45 minutes,after the adapter plate was in place. The remotes work great and even come with batteries. I was originally going to purchase a Power Pole,but once I checked in more detail comparing the two units,the Talon is certainly more simplistic and easier to install and I think,just as good quality. Also the fact I received my order in just 2 days from Amazon,was amazing! Wish I would have bought one a year earlier!
on September 11, 2012
I did a lot of research on the Talon and the Powerpole before I purchased this product. I chose the Talon because of the deployment design and the fact that it does not use hydraulics. I have used it several times and have had no issues with using it on shell, sandy, or muddy bottoms. It holds the boat fine in rough water. It is very quick to retrieve if you are fighting a fish around the boat also. I would definately purchase this product again.
on March 3, 2014
I have been useing this for more then one year. It works great but I want 2 so the boat will not shift or sway in the wind when down. Ps I am a 15 year charter fishing capt from south Louisiana. Keeps a 24 blue wave in place in 4 foot or less with 30 mph wind 4-6 foot deep 20-25 mph with 1-3 foot sea hope this helps.
on March 2, 2014
I have had 1 for about ayear, liked it so much I bought a second one. Works well, no issues. Easy to mount and don't have to fool with running hydraulic lines. Also they have a tilt bracket that I can lay them down to go under low trees or bridges
on April 24, 2015
Just as advertised. Installation was extremely simple with the optional jack plate bracket. Start to finish was less than an hour. Operation is very quiet. I have not had opportunity to use it in very rough water but under normal circumstances it works very well. I love the remote control , press one button and the talon does the rest for you. Just last night I was watching Major League Fishing and one of the anglers lost a 4 pound fish while trying to work the console switch for his Power-Pole. Very good product. very pleased so far.
on September 26, 2014
Positive...easy install,easy operation
Negative...makes a little more noise than I like when deploying...however it is no more than the competitors brand.
Most people I spoke with that had one said they wish they had two. I went ahead and ordered two. My boat is held rock solid in place with both anchors down. It has made me more efficient at fishing shallow cover...my biggest regret is not ordering them sooner.
on March 30, 2014
This looks like it was made for the Hewes Redfisher I put it on! It was a great price, arrived quickly and works like a dream. Wish I bought this years ago. I know my wife will like not having to come fishing just to raise and lower the anchor! Cross threaded one of the square nuts and Minn Kota sent out a new nut set immediately. Awesome. BTW, I used a Minn Kota 6" extension transom mount with this on a Hewes and it clears the trim tabs perfectly. Only took less than an hour to install. It is MUCH faster employing and redeploying than my buddy's powerpole.