Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

on September 20, 2013
I bought these for my 4 year old daughter from a boutique in town. I thought I would come on here to give a review because I know this is one of the first places I come before purchasing a product to see what people are saying. I was hesitant to purchase these because of some of the reviews...but I bit the bullet.

My daughter wore these to school a couple times and all of a sudden one day she told me she didn't like them and wasn't going to "EVER" wear them again. lol When I started questioning her as to why, it finally came to light that the laces would always come undone in class. When my daughter would ask the teacher to tie them for her, the teacher said she would have to wait until "learning time" was over (as to not disrupt the class). After I found all this out, I could completely understand why she never wanted to wear them again...poor thing! But I couldn't return them because she had worn them several times, so I was determined to find a way to prevent the ties from coming undone.

What I did was:

- tied the laces the way I would like them to stay tied
- then carefully (this is important) tacked the laces to the shoe using a glue product called "Tear Mender," which can be purchased here Tear Mender Instant Leather Adhesive 2

Just be careful not to use *too* much Tear Mender. A little goes a long way! They look perfect and they are very secure...no more coming undone! :-) Here is a link to the photo I took of her shoes with the laces glued in place. http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media/permalink/mo16MXJDLKR2LYP/B004UFJ8B8/ref=cm_ciu_images_pl_link Hope this helps others.

As to the size, my daughter is in between a size 8 and 9 right now. The 9 was huge on her. We ended up purchasing a size 8. They do slip a little, but no more than her Toms do.
review image
11 comment14 of 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 15, 2013
Love them, my 3 yr old loves them. We are using them as slipppers as her feet do not sweat in them as they did in Ragg slippers she had before. The only reason I gave them 4 stars is because laces keep coming undone. I think the models with leather/suede laces might stay tied longer.
on July 31, 2014
My 6yr old has huge feet. He loves these and wears them everywhere. They do hold up and he is rough on shoes. We are passing down his old pair to a friend.
on December 31, 2012
The shoe didn't fit. It was a wider width than the child wears and therefore didn't fit. Nice shoe, but needed to be returned.
on July 12, 2012
I grew up wearing a new pair of these moccasins every summer. Now my 3 year old daughter has a pair and she LOVES them. She literally wears them every day. They are so easy for her to slip on and off, but she can run and play without them accidentally slipping off. They fit her true to size. So the tradition shall continue!
on March 13, 2014
I bought these for my son and had to exchange for a smaller size. He wears a 1.5 in See Kai Run sneakers, and I had to get him a size 13 in these. They are really cool though. He says they feel bouncy and he likes the way they look and feel. I think they're pretty cool myself. I think I'll buy myself a pair.
on August 22, 2014
The shoes arrived as they were leaving for the state fair where they were admired by other boys. Wore them next on a camping trip so they got a pretty good work out. Only complaint (as a grandmother) was I had to keep retying the laces.
on March 31, 2014
I hope Minnetonka never stops making these! I used to wear them as a kid, and now my daughter has her first pair. She loves them! They go with pretty much anything!
on August 12, 2012
I ordered these for my daughter for her 9th birthday - size 1.5. They look cute and seem to be good quality. She loves them and they fit perfectly.
on May 11, 2014
Perfect.....I recommend it to any body looking for cool comfy stylish every day shoes。I love it 。I love it 。I love it 。I love it

See 1 answered question