Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Minnetonka Kilty Suede Moc (Toddler/Little Kid/Big Kid)
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on August 4, 2015
I'm quite disappointed with the pair I recently bought for my daughter. She got her first pair of Minnetonka mocs two years ago, when they fit her just right. They were light, soft, comfortable and had minimalist moccasin feel with thin rubber soles and hardly any padding inside, which was exactly what we were looking for in kids shoes. She wore her first pair for 2 full years, because the leather just kept stretching as her feet grew from size 2 to size 4. On the outside hey still look like they've only been worn for a month or two, not two years - that's how well they held up. The little rubber dots on the soles have rubbed off in some spots but they just look smoothed out, with no holes in the soles. Apparently the design has changed since then significantly. Here are the key differences we noticed:

*The rubber on the soles is about twice as thick, with ridges on the heels instead of dots all over. My 11 year old daughter only wore them for a couple of days and the rubber ridges and rim that goes all the way around the soles have started to shred in the heel area.
*There's a stiff fat seam right in the center of the back of the heel, covered by heel flap. My daughter does not like it.
*The insole is cut longer than necessary in the back of the heel and curls up slightly, adding more discomfort to the heel area.
*The insole is not one continuous piece, but ends right before the ball of the foot.
*The insole is thickly padded in the heel area, which, combined with the thicker rubber on the sole, eliminates the minimalist feel of the shoe. How disappointing.
*The overall craftsmanship has declined, with less attention being paid to the construction of the leather upper. (see photo, fringe flap not secured at the edges, shoe rim is left unfinished near the fringe)

So all in all, this is not the same shoe that my daughter enjoyed wearing for the past 2 years. It feels and looks much cheaper, even though we paid less for it two years ago. The *feel* of moccasin is not there anymore, just the look. I'm giving it two stars instead of one, leaving some room for the benefit of the doubt in hopes that the shoes will soften up in the heel with a bit of time and wear. I will try to update the review once we see how the shoes hold up, although I don't have much hope for the shredding rubber on the soles. If you are new to these mocs, you probably won't know what you are missing, but if you are a return customer, like we were, I suggest you consider the changes in the design mentioned in this review.
review image review image
on September 1, 2015
These were purchased for my toddler grandson who seems to like wearing them. I have owned many pairs of Minnetonka's and I love them! I am guessing about the arch support. He didn't have any issues with the mocs, but I can't really answer about the arch support, so I said yes.
on June 10, 2015
Love these shoes. Easy to put on, easy to take off. Despite the fact that they are essentially slip on shoes, they stay on little feet. The soles mean the Little One can wear them outside and run around w/o catching rocks or sticks in his feet. Only down side: Don't get them wet!
on January 11, 2011
This moccasins were very nice. My son wears a size 11.5 and the size 12 was bit big for him.
Overall very happy with the quality.
on October 4, 2013
Minnetonka is popular in our area, so we can never seem to find them; tried Amazon for these and am glad I did. My daughter normally wears a 2.5; I purchased these slightly large, and had no problem with the sizing. They're comfortable, well made, and my daughter loves them. The price is also slightly less than what we'd pay in stores, so I'm satisfied all around.
on May 12, 2014
The shoe feels really comfortable, but unfortunately, it is too large for me (I usually wear 5.5 or 6 in adult size, and I order 4M of big kids this time). I suggest buy a smaller size of what you usually wear.
on April 16, 2014
My 2yr old son is obsessed with his moccasins. Great shoes, even for an active toddler. My only issues is that it is on the narrow side though, especially if your child still has some baby fat left over on their feet. Ideal shoe for the spring & summer months to slip on quickly.
on September 23, 2015
I purchased the child's size 3 (I wear about a 5 1/2 in women's sizing) and they fit very well. They seem to run a bit large and wide, which is what I was expecting based on having tried on a 6 in women's that were too large for me. I could wear them with thin socks as well if I wanted to. The soles seem to have good traction and they even have some support, not a ton but more than a pair of ballet flats. All in all I'm very happy with them and will most likely buy more!
on April 22, 2015
This size 4 seem bit big than my feet also my feet are same youth size, need be size 3 is better fits! this shoes is nice but hard to try on to be fits for my feets. No problem with pretty shoes. I'm enjoyed my shoes with size 3 after exchange it!
on July 7, 2015
This is my second pair of Minnetonka moccasins, and I'm very happy! I wear a women's size 5/5.5 and I got a little kids' 3, which fits perfectly and is less expensive than the women's version. These shoes are really comfortable and I wear them almost every day. My go-to pair of shoes!

See 1 answered question