Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on January 15, 2014
I'll start with the fact that I'm a size 11 but ordered a size 12. Had I gotten a size 11 they would have been true to fit barefoot or with thin socks. The size 12 gives me more space (a comfortable amount) and allows me to double up on wool socks if I need to. Honestly I'm not wearing these boots in the summer so I need the extra space for warm fuzzy socks. Going a size up gives you that. I did get a pair where the last lace hole at the top on the right boot was oddly place right behind a seam, but I was able to squeeze it in with no problem. Laces are long enough, overall great boot.

Now to the most important part. I'd wanted these boots for a long time but I go to school in Rochester where it snows a ton. The main reason I wanted these boots was for lightweight footwear for snow, and unfortunately I didn't like the reviews about how well they perform in the snow under your average suede spray on protector.

I looked up alternative leather boot protectors and found that SNO SEAL was the most highly praised leather protector, but it's notorious for discoloring suede. First off, let me say that the boots were much brighter in color than I expected them to be (brown). They almost looked orange. I knew the SNO SEAL would make them darker, I just wasn't sure about any of the other qualities that would change (texture, over all look). I decided I'd try it out and there was no turning back as I'm sure it voids the return policy. I followed other reviews on SNO SEAL instructing you to heat your boots in the oven and apply 2 coats of the wax. I was also super liberal with the SNO SEAL so I almost ran out but the one can I got was enough. I'm glad I did because now they look sick. I removed the laces so they are the original color. I'll post pictures.

As far as texture goes, I obviously didn't put the wax inside the boots because that'd be stupid. The inside is still soft and fuzzy feeling, while the outside is a real treat. It takes on the texture of those fancy leather braided belts. My dad use to wear them a lot. Another awesome thing I noticed is that when I first got the boots, despite having large calves from being a runner, AND tying them as tight, they still sagged a lot. I felt like they weren't secure. The SNO SEAL made the boots slightly heavier (not a ton) and now they take the shape of my leg better because the wax inside the leather makes them more moldable as opposed to floppy. Not to mention that these boots are now 100% waterproof, and will be for the next year. All in all, with these boots and SNO SEAL, you can't go wrong. Leave a comment if you want the in-depth process on how exactly I applied the SNO SEAL. 9 each: Sno-Seal Wax (1330)
55 comments| 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 9, 2010
Was well pleased with everything.The only thing I have to say is,customers should be reminded that when ordering boots, they should order one size larger.Most boots are cut smaller than regular shoes.So, if you wear a size 9 you would order a size 10. Thankyou. sincerly,miamiman53
on January 20, 2013
Great quality, and definitely a head turner. Unlike other reviewers, I have had no problems with the laces, although I did head their warning and use them with care. I have worn these in every condition and they are holding up! Buy'em and rock'em
on October 22, 2014
Don't purchase these if you have larger legs and feet. I am a size 11. Bought 13's. Couldn't get them on. I have muscular calves.

Now for the boots. Beautiful. Look to be well built, just not for me.

Amazon as usual was great about it. Took the label they provided and repacked the box just like they did. Had money back within 48 hours after they received boots. One of the big reasons I am a Prime member
on March 7, 2014
I bought these boots having doubts, as I have never owned a pair of mocs before, and was blown away. If you're an avid outdoorsman then these are for you. These boots will stand up to a ton of hiking, tree climbing, running, everything.
The only problem I had, at first, was the fact that they have very little shock absorbing capabilities if you're on concrete. Do not buy these if you walk on concrete all day! On softer ground these are perfect for forefoot running. And if you plan on getting them wet sometime, spray some silicone water repellent onto them (works great!).
on May 8, 2015
This is my third pair--- I just love them. They get better with age. Minnetonka has upgraded the soles somewhat and these appear to be stronger than previous generations, which is appreciated. Definitely run a bit small and thin but not by a ton. I get compliments on these everywhere I go-- and I've worn versions of them for over ten years!
on March 19, 2012
very comfortable and light- Was wearing motorcycle boots with my Kilt while at the Scottish games but these boots are far better and at the end of the day I'm not all worn out from heavy boots.
VINE VOICEon August 2, 2011
Good tall mocs; comfortable for their type; sole is thin like a moc, not a boot; very little heel; challenging to lace, but this is not a flaw, just the type of moc; have enjoyed mine; good value
on March 13, 2016
My feet are 10.5 inches long and these size 8s are perfect, even a little roomy almost I was impressed. Do not purchase the female version, they are unbalanced and not even close to made as well as these mens Minnetonka's <3 Very satisfied, sprayed them down with a suede, silicone boot protector, changed the laces to paracord and they are ready to go. The laces they come with are too weak and too short, one snapped on me the first time I tried them on but if you like that leather look, stop in an arts and crafts store. Stronger laces can be purchased there keeping that same look. I'm a woods girl and these are perfect for my lifestyle.
on January 8, 2016
The design is pretty good for the feet. Very simple yet effective. Not sure about any sort of historical accuracy in the leather cut (and obviously the rubber sole), but it's a super comfortable boot to wear with or sans socks.

Fit wise, I typically sport an 8.5 Wide and the 9 fit very well, with a tiny bit of the "wide" lack of being present. Easy fix though, wet and stretch. Fits grand now.

Fringe I removed because I just feel like an Anglo Saxon joke when I have fringe on anything.
Conditioned the entire boot from head to toe upon arrival and let it sit for an obnoxious period of time in the solution. Removed and beat senselessly, twisted and bent. Brought out a very dark oiled version of itself thay looked and felt instantly worn in and aged. Good stuff.