Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on March 26, 2013
Advantages: They ARE pretty...

The other side of the story: The leather is very thin; even with two layers. Some years ago I bought a pair of double sole moccasins when I was out West and the leather was belt-leather thick...very comfortable and wore like iron...the opposite of these.

The inner sole lining layer is cut way too narrowly; this means that you feel the 'ridge' as a very annoying, uncomfortable pressure on the sole of your foot.

These are fit (I suppose) for house slippers - they look like sole-less loafers - but are totally unfit for outdoor wear, and do not provide the comfort of true moccasins...and I am a person who has worn moccasins for years.

Wish I had sent these back.

Tip: Any true leather footwear can be form fitted to your foot by putting them on, immersing your foot and footwear in warm water for a few minutes - then, wearing them until they dry. Then treating with the proper leather dressing.
on June 18, 2011
Purchased a pair of these a while ago and love them! I took a reviewers advice and ordered a 1/2 size larger and they fit great. I have a med width foot and they fit fine if you have a wide foot you may not be able to wear them! After 2 1/2 years of owning these moc's I will have to edit my review. I do not wear these all the time and they are still comfortable but the side blew out and had to be glued (hope it holds) Then a hole appeared in the bottom of one. I am disappointed as they are rarely worn outside!
on April 9, 2012
I've never worn moccasins, my shoe size is 11 1/2 M so I ordered size 12. I am not going to wear socks with them.

They felt too large when I first put them on but the width was tight. Had I been in a store I would have asked to try 1/2 size smaller but that may have been too small.

I tried adjusting with the drawstring but it didn't do much, I was didn't want to exchange them because of the mail hassle and I wasn't sure if a smaller would fit.

The first few days they felt loose and yet rubbed a bit rough, like breaking in a new pair of loafers. Soon my foot either adjusted to them or vice versa.

I got the double bottom because they will be used for walking outside on dirt, pebbles and twigs around my rural home. Not on concrete. I got the softsole because I wanted to feel the ground but not go barefoot.

The prompt shipping was free and FedEx ground delivered.

Minnetonka has a quality product in these moccasins and when they wear through I will reorder. Meanwhile, if I'm ever near a shoe store that sells Minnetonka I will try on 1/2 size smaller.

UPDATE 12/13/12-- I think if you wear socks get 1/2 size larger and if no socks get exact size. Months later still happy with product.

UPDATE 8/7/13-- I have just worn a hole in the sole of one moccasin. I wore them everyday to walk outside paths around the home (never on concrete), 1/4 to 1/2 mile per day, somewhat over 125 miles total. Will order another pair.
on February 12, 2010
They are comfortable and seem to be holding up very well. I definitely will be buying more!
on January 22, 2016
I am on my 2nd pair and these are well made and comfortable. These are real moccasins and not thick soled shoes that look like moccasins and as such are an excellent product if you want the real thing.. These are not good for really rough terrain unless your feet are acclimated to this type of terrain and they can be slick and slippery on very smooth angled concrete surfaces. I wear them instead of regular shoes all day every day and my feet have become tougher on the bottom than if I wore regular shoes. If you are looking for something to wear all day instead of shoes these are an excellent substitute. I have yet to actually wear out a pair but have worn out the side stitching due my personal impaired walking posture. Some shoe glue fixed this issue and should not affect normal walking as I wear out shoes in like fashion. If you really want 'moccasins' these look, feel, and wear like the real thing.
on July 1, 2011
My husband loves his moccasins - the sizing was accurate and they are a nice quality. The only issue was that for the first month or so they left an orange stain on his feet.
on March 2, 2016
I have several other pairs of Minnetonka Moccasins and have been very happy with them...but not these. They are stiff, hurt my feet, and I could not wear them for more than hour before I had to take them off....so I returned them and purchased SoftMoc Men's 3107 Double Sole Unlined Moccasin Woodstain 10 M US. This SoftMoc moccasin was more comfortable than any of my Minnetonka moccasins. So if you are wanting to replace your Minnetonka moose hide moccasins for indoor use, this Minnetonka "ruff" model is not a good replacement, and the SoftMoc model is a much better choice....I liked them better than Minnetonka's discontinued moose hide moccasins. However, if you are looking for a rugged moccasin to wear outdoors and don't mind taking a while to 'break them in", then this ruff model may work for you. But I do not buy double sole moccasins without padded footbeds to wear outdoors and I prefer a dark color moccasin that can pass as a shoe for casual wear.
on April 23, 2016
It is hard to tell if the arch support is good or not as these moccasins although very well made and attractive are painful to the feet in how narrow they are. Since we bought a wide, it is and was very disappointing. My husband is still working on trying to wear them comfortably 5 months later. We eventually ordered a shoe tree in hopes that would help widen them.
on September 14, 2015
Just received these and am wearing them now. Fit if just right, quality is very good, very nice looking and perfect for wearing around a camp site or around the house. And the price is very reasonable considering the quality.

And my experience with similar moccasins punched from this company has proven their long lasting durability when used on compatible surfaces -- i.e., not one paved surfaces. Around the yard, in the garden, and similar use will give a long life.
on August 20, 2012
I wear a 10.5 to 11.0 in regular shoes; I ordered an 11.5 in these, but could have ordered a 12. They are pretty narrow, but will stretch a bit after wearing a while.

Very well made, look great, and are a steal at this price. If you are looking for US made Minnetonka moccasins, these are not the ones. These are made off shore, but still are well made. I'd be willing to pay extra for US made moc's; but this option is not available on these.

Do yourself a favor and order at least 1 size larger than normal. I can't wear socks with mine, it's too tight, but they are OK at 1/2 size larger than my normal without socks.