5.0 out of 5 stars Best Slippers Ever
Published on December 6, 2010 by araybe

2.0 out of 5 stars Not quite as good as these used to be
I've had a pair like this since 2009, which is when I fell in love with the design. Once the old pair was worn out, I went and reordered.
My first misgivings came when I saw these are now manufactured in Dominican republic as opposed to US, and look definitively lopsided, couldn't tell left from right.
The final bell rung when two weeks into the wear the right...
Published 20 months ago by Buchner

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Slippers Ever, December 6, 2010
araybe (Toledo, Ohio USA) - See all my reviews
I bought my first pair of these Minnetonka sheepskin moccasin slippers a couple months ago, and I just can't say enough good things about them. I totally love them! I've worn Minnetonka soft sole moccasins all my life and I've loved every pair I've ever had, but this pair is far and away the most comfortable. The sheepskin lining is amazingly soft, cushy & warm, but it breathes extremely well, so it never makes my feet hot or sweaty. The soles, although soft, seem to be incredibly tough from what I've experienced. I love these slippers so much that I literally wear them everywhere -- in fact, they've become my favorite shopping shoes -- and in my outings with them I've found that the soles are surprisingly resistant to scuffing and staining, probably moreso than any other soft sole mocs I've ever owned. I never wear them in wet weather, as I'm sure they'd soak up water like a sponge, but I do wear them in all other kinds of weather and they hold up just great. I wore them to Christmas shop this past weekend -- it was only around 29 degrees outside that day, but walking around outside in them (and sockless, yet!) posed no problem whatsoever. Of course, it goes without saying that they make excellent house slippers, too, and I definitely wear mine for that purpose as well. I can't recommend these slippers highly enough -- they're super comfy, durable and great-looking, and considering the top-quality materials and workmanship that goes into them, the price is pretty reasonable, too. What more could you ask for?

2.0 out of 5 stars Not quite as good as these used to be, August 6, 2012
The final bell rung when two weeks into the wear the right heel seam parted.

We all understand cutting costs, but such shoddy quality doesn't warrant the price anymore.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfy Mocassins, August 16, 2007
These things are the best. They are so soft and comfortable. Only reason they didn't get a 5 star was because they are a little smaller for the size. Size 13 is usually big on me, but these were tight, but after a few times wearing them, they feel great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Slippers!, January 9, 2007
Sha "LovinIt" (Dallas, TX United States) - See all my reviews
I have been buying the Minnetonka Moccasins - with Sheepskin for many years. They are soft and form fitting. They are warm and protective without the big bulking rubber sole. I would definitely recommend these to Men or Women. The most comfortable slipper out there.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Slippers, February 14, 2010
R. Cheung (Minnesota USA!!!) - See all my reviews
These slippers are solid. I got them early in September and have last well since and surprisingly don't smell. They are very comfy. I have wide feet and at first they were a bit narrow, but after breaking them in they fit great. The two issues I have with these slippers is 1. The laces become untied easily (I'm just lazy and hate having to tie them) 2. There's this hard plastic piece in the heal that started poking me after awhile, but I realized that you can take it out and after taking them out the slippers feel great. It's just a thin piece of plastic that suppose to keep the heal upright, but I just prefer to have it out and they still hold up great. Overall I definitely recommend them, just keep in mind these are indoor slipper so don't expect to be going outside with them or else the bottoms could get ruined.

5.0 out of 5 stars My fiance' no longer has cold feet., February 21, 2010
I got these as a Valentine's Day gift for my boyfriend during this very cold and snowy DC winter. He is constantly exclaiming how toasty warm they are, and how comfy! He loves them and always has them on.

Later that day, he asked me to marry him. So if you are buying these as a gift for the man in your life, make sure you are prepared for an enthusiastic response. ;-)

1.0 out of 5 stars inaccurate product description, December 16, 2011
My complaint is with the Minnetonka Moccasin company itself: On their web site, Minnetonka describes their entire category of sheepskin slippers as "genuine sheepskin," but according to the tag inside, these particular slippers are made with a leather upper and "balance man made materials," not with actual sheepskin.

I have nothing bad so say about the seller; I received my order promptly, the slippers look nice and are well constructed, and it looks like they pulled their product description from the manufacturer's web site.

Finally, for anyone else who was frustrated in their search for country of origin info, these were made in the Dominican Republic.

1.0 out of 5 stars Defective Manufacture, February 19, 2013
Joe (San Diego) - See all my reviews
I have worn this exact model of Minnetonka slipper for several years and have been extremely happy with the 5 pairs I have bought over time. This is the first time I ordered a pair on Amazon. I expected they would be what I was used to. They are not. I didn't change to the new ones immediately since my existing pair still had some available wear. I changed to the new ones from this vendor a week ago (they had been ordered Dec 30). The right slipper hurt my foot. I gave it a week of wearing them off and on to see if it was a temporary problem. When it didn't get better, I took a closer look at them. Compared to my previous Minnetonka slippers and to the left slipper of this new pair, the right upper is cut differently, not a mirror image of the left one.

I signed on to my account to report the defect and to request a return. I got a message that the return window had expired on Feb 8 (I'm writing this on Feb 19). The message stated that if I returned them, I would only get a partial refund and I would have to pay return shipping. That is a real ripoff for a defective product.

I don't know if Minnetonka has compromised their manufacturing process or if perhaps this vendor is picking up defective merchandise and selling it a little cheaper than Minnetonka's price.

I guess their opinion is since I didn't check it out immediately when I received it, it is my fault. So, if you order from them, I'd advise you to check it out thoroughly the day you receive it.

Update on June 11, 2013: These slippers wore out inside in just a few months. I ordered a new pair from Minnetonka; the new ones are what I expect from Minnetonka. I suspect the ones I got through Amazon were rip-offs and not Minnetonka at all. They show made in Nicaragua; the ones from Minnetonka do not and are of higher quality. I see Amazon has a number of different vendors, so they may not all be shipping the same product. Mine came from a vendor named "Brick Oven".

4.0 out of 5 stars buy your size, January 18, 2010
These are great slippers. Some stores say to buy a size under, but I bought my exact size, and they have stretched to fit perfectly. I really think a size under would be too small. They are worth the price, which is basically the same anywhere you look. I lucked out and found some at a leather shop near my home.

2.0 out of 5 stars Narrow, January 16, 2010
J. Ressler (Columbus, Ohio) - See all my reviews
Sadly, these slippers run very narrow. I have the ladies version and love them but when I bought these for my boyfriend (who does not have wide feet) they were painfully narrow and had to be returned. We are hoping the hardsole version is a bit more forgiving.

ARRAY(0x9763f2e8)