4.0 out of 5 stars Love these! And a Quick Tip Re: the Laces
I bought these for my 4 year old daughter from a boutique in town. I thought I would come on here to give a review because I know this is one of the first places I come before purchasing a product to see what people are saying. I was hesitant to purchase these because of some of the reviews...but I bit the bullet.

My daughter wore these to school a couple...
Published 15 months ago by tenle

1.0 out of 5 stars Child size
The shoe didn't fit. It was a wider width than the child wears and therefore didn't fit. Nice shoe, but needed to be returned.
Published 23 months ago by Reva Skoll

4.0 out of 5 stars Love these! And a Quick Tip Re: the Laces, September 20, 2013
This review is from: Minnetonka Thunderbird II (Toddler/Little Kid/Big Kid) (Shoes)

My daughter wore these to school a couple times and all of a sudden one day she told me she didn't like them and wasn't going to "EVER" wear them again. lol When I started questioning her as to why, it finally came to light that the laces would always come undone in class. When my daughter would ask the teacher to tie them for her, the teacher said she would have to wait until "learning time" was over (as to not disrupt the class). After I found all this out, I could completely understand why she never wanted to wear them again...poor thing! But I couldn't return them because she had worn them several times, so I was determined to find a way to prevent the ties from coming undone.

What I did was:

- tied the laces the way I would like them to stay tied
- then carefully (this is important) tacked the laces to the shoe using a glue product called "Tear Mender," which can be purchased here Tear Mender Instant Leather Adhesive 2

Just be careful not to use *too* much Tear Mender. A little goes a long way! They look perfect and they are very secure...no more coming undone! :-) Here is a link to the photo I took of her shoes with the laces glued in place. http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media/permalink/mo16MXJDLKR2LYP/B004UFJ8B8/ref=cm_ciu_images_pl_link Hope this helps others.

As to the size, my daughter is in between a size 8 and 9 right now. The 9 was huge on her. We ended up purchasing a size 8. They do slip a little, but no more than her Toms do.

5.0 out of 5 stars so comfortble, January 19, 2013
I have heard that shows of Minitonka is nice,so buy this as a gift .When I get this one, It looks nice ,and should be fit for long walk.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very cute, great choice for a toddler, February 15, 2013
Love them, my 3 yr old loves them. We are using them as slipppers as her feet do not sweat in them as they did in Ragg slippers she had before. The only reason I gave them 4 stars is because laces keep coming undone. I think the models with leather/suede laces might stay tied longer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love!, July 31, 2014
My 6yr old has huge feet. He loves these and wears them everywhere. They do hold up and he is rough on shoes. We are passing down his old pair to a friend.

1.0 out of 5 stars Child size, December 31, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgia, July 12, 2012
I grew up wearing a new pair of these moccasins every summer. Now my 3 year old daughter has a pair and she LOVES them. She literally wears them every day. They are so easy for her to slip on and off, but she can run and play without them accidentally slipping off. They fit her true to size. So the tradition shall continue!

4.0 out of 5 stars very nice, but runs very large, March 13, 2014
I bought these for my son and had to exchange for a smaller size. He wears a 1.5 in See Kai Run sneakers, and I had to get him a size 13 in these. They are really cool though. He says they feel bouncy and he likes the way they look and feel. I think they're pretty cool myself. I think I'll buy myself a pair.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT SHOES, October 16, 2014
These are the second pair. The only reason we purchased the second pair is because our daughters outgrew the first pairs. Love the pink and they get tons of compliments on these shoes. Our daughters love these shoes and say they are so comfortable! :0)

4.0 out of 5 stars Grandsons loved them, August 22, 2014
Carol K Hollenshead (Gregory, Michigan, US) - See all my reviews
The shoes arrived as they were leaving for the state fair where they were admired by other boys. Wore them next on a camping trip so they got a pretty good work out. Only complaint (as a grandmother) was I had to keep retying the laces.

5.0 out of 5 stars retro, March 31, 2014
I hope Minnetonka never stops making these! I used to wear them as a kid, and now my daughter has her first pair. She loves them! They go with pretty much anything!