5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed
Published on February 24, 2006 by Paula Hahn

2.0 out of 5 stars What's happened to Minnetonka?
Published on May 24, 2011 by Deborah O. White

2.0 out of 5 stars What's happened to Minnetonka?, May 24, 2011
I owned a pair of Minnetonka Moccasins for about 20 years before they finally gave out. (The sole ripped at the toe). I LOVED those moccasins - I wore them everywhere. I am not averse to ordering cheaper versions of popular styles, but in this case I was very clear that I wanted to order the Minnetonka brand. Although the shoes arrived on time and as ordered, the sole separated from the leather within one week of regular wear. When I looked at it, I realized the "stitching" between the sole and shoe body was ornamental and the sole was actually glued on. Although I reglued it and continued to wear them, they started to scuff immediately and, when I tried to clean them, found that they were not shining up like real leather, but peeling like leather blend. This was a terrible disappointment to me and I'll be looking for a new brand of shoe. Why pay more to get poor quality? Shame on Minnetonka.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, February 24, 2006
Paula Hahn "Paula, mother of 2" (Arkadelphia, AR United States) - See all my reviews
Due to an injury I suffered several months ago, I cannot tolerate any pressure on the underside of my arch on my right foot. Once I got out of casts and braces and back into real shoes, I realized that all my lovely expensive shoes (Clarks, Adidas, Birkenstock...) had very high, very structured arch supports. It was agony! That's when I ordered these deerskin moccasins hoping to find something I could wear to drive the kids to school, grocery shopping & doctor's visits. These were perfect! Soft as butter, no pressure on the underside of my arch, soles tough enough for daily use. I feel almost like a normal mom again. But if you are new to moccasins be prepared that they all need a breaking in period at first. They are supposed to feel a bit tight around the opening at first. The soft leather will stretch over the first few wearings until you have a custom fit. Then they are the most comfortable shoes in the world.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware Peltz return policy, August 11, 2012
Beware this seller return policy. I have worn Minnetonka Deerskin moccasins many times over the years. They are always soft and comfortable. I wear a size 9 and have very narrow feet.
These moccasins are well made, but they must be mis sized or seconds. They would never fit a medium width foot as they barely fit my narrow foot. I requested a 10 as maybe this would help.
This seller return policy is not user friendly to say the least. The most troublesome is a 20.00 restocking fee. Policy states that shoes must be returned exactly as shipped. No problem EXCEPT moccasins had a handmade narrow band of white tissue paper around them which must be removed to try on and could never be replaced as it is. The company will not do an exchange. You must buy another size and hope they refund original cost. One has difficulty believing that the entire policy and white band of tissue is meant to STOP exchanges. I have NEVER written any reviews previously.I feel cheated by this company

4.0 out of 5 stars comfy mocs, April 26, 2009
These moccasins are very true to size. The sole looks a little funny, being "nubby", but I've gotten used to them very quickly. I'd bought one pair of Minnetonkas before, and they lasted me for YEARS.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Service!, January 9, 2007
The size I ordered turned out to be too small. I contacted the company and they sent out a free return label. The new size was received sooner than expected. I couldn 't ask for better customer service. No extra expense or trouble to make the return. I merely attached the free UPS return label to the original box and dropped it off at a UPS store without having to deal with even the clerk at the store.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Worth the Price, January 3, 2007
I purchased the moccasins as a gift for my friend who complained of never being able to keep her feet warm. She was thrilled with them ~ Not only are they well constructed, the moccasins fit perfectly and keep her feet toasty warm.

2.0 out of 5 stars The soles are the sole problem, October 5, 2013
These shoes are 100% leather, without that nasty fabric or (worse yet) plastic lining that so many companies put into their products. They're called "Soft-T" for a reason: they adapt instantly to your foot. But for that reason, you can't expect a lot of wear out of them.

Their other drawback is the composition of the sole. I wore them for the first time on a three-block walk to and from the market, and it had begun to rain by the time I left the market. These soles are very slick on wet surfaces, and down I went, opening up both knees. The shoes will therefore be usable in the Pacific Northwest, where I live, only in the non-rainy half of the year.

Too bad. I like the look and the feel, but they aren't safe.

2.0 out of 5 stars Did not meet my expectations, July 24, 2012
The quality was fine, but felt sticky on my feet. Perhaps I would have been happier if there was some type of lining. I felt bad, but had to return them as I knew it would never be comfortable on my feet. Sorry to say, I guess I have a problem with skin contact with deerskin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these moccasins!, December 24, 2013
Not a sandal person here, so I am always looking for moccasins that are comfortable. These are perfect. I wish I could afford them in every color. I wear them all summer and never bang up my feet, like my sandal-wearing friends do, and a walk along a sandy, Cape Cod road is a snap. You can wear them with or without stockings; in summer I am usually without. I adore these shoes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect slip-ons for indoors and outdoors!, March 25, 2014
Betty Moore (EULESS, TX, US) - See all my reviews
I had a pair of the tan Minnetonka's many years ago. I wore them until they fell apart (4 years of hard wear, indoors and outdoors). I was thrilled to find them online and at about the same price! The deerskin will conform to your foot and feels close to wearing nothing! And, I have a "D" width, but these shoes stretch enough to conform perfectly. (no, they won't stretch much if you have a "normal" B width. They have fabulous colors. I was so pleased with the tan replacement that I also bought the "fushia" (which is really a rose color and is beautiful) and the aqua (also beautiful).. They have lots of small knobs that work for outdoor soles, so they are just fine to go out.. Love them!.

Minnetonka Women's Deerskin Soft-T Moccasin