Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

Size: 7 B(M) US|Color: Brown|Change

on March 12, 2012
I've loved these since I first saw a pair in the '70s, and was delighted to find the style is still available.

There are a few things worth mentioning to prospective owners, and for that reason, I did not give them a 5 star rating.

Fit wise, the length is spot on. The shaft of this boot is on the narrow side, and you must loosen the laces as much as possible to get your foot to make the turn into the shoe part. My calves are not big, but these boots are not overly wide and they 'fit' my leg. My foot is a medium width, having spread with age from a narrow, and they fit well. Those with wide feet need perhaps beware.

Inserting the laces is a bit of a challenge, and you'll do yourself a huge favor if you start out equipped with something like an eyebrow or other tweezer to use for threading, as the holes go thru two layers of leather and the holes do not match exactly.

As for the 'on and off' bit, do loosen the laces as much as possible to save on required effort. These are NOT an 'easy on, easy off' style!

The black is a rich, dark color. However, even with minimal handling, the black dye comes off on your hands, leg, and most anything it touches.

I went to a shoe repair place and got a can of Master brand "Quick Shine with Lanolin" - which is a product they use to seal shoes that they dye in the shop. I turned the boot shafts down, to enable me to spray the whole inner shaft part, and gave them a thorough coating. Once dried, I see no evidence of any more dye rubbing off.

Please note that I was told not to use this product on the outside, but rather, to use a product like "Camp Dry" to waterproof and protect the outer part - something I do with all new leather or suede items before they're worn or used.

This is a marvelous vintage-style boot, very comfortable to wear, and something you will enjoy a great deal if you pay attention to the specifics before you buy!
33 comments|58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 31, 2011
I have super thin legs and it has been a nightmare looking for boots that wrap around my pencil-thin-calves. Then I found these boots and I fell in love. They fit PERFECTLY. I'm super excited to be able to wear boots and I know they are adjustable for different size legs. I usually wear a 7 but I heard they run big so I ordered a 6 and they're just right. Adorable boots! I'll definitely wear them a lot!
on December 5, 2008
I would have loved to give these boots 5 stars all around, but when it comes to shoes, fit and comfort are important to me, second to style. My biggest issue was how the seam near the heel/ankle area jutted into the inside of the shoe. I find myself stepping on it as I walk, and you almost have to drag your feet to prevent that little fold from going under your foot. Thick socks nor lacing the boot tighter fixes this. I honestly do not believe it's a manufacturer's defect, as this "fold" is visible on some of the photos I've seen online of this boot. Perhaps there is an insert I can purchase as a fix...

Aside from fit issues, I am completely in love with the look of these boots. I bought the black ones and they are a rich black color, not washed out and grayish like the product photos. I've gotten many compliments in the very short time that I've owned them and am hoping that over time, the boot will better mold to my foot. Size-wise, this shoe runs true to size. I wear a 6.5 to 7, and 7's were the perfect length. The foot bed is super soft, and the rubber soled bottoms have perfect traction. Just an FYI: the boots do not have a heel as shown in the small thumbnails- the soles are black rubber, like the tan boots.
on March 5, 2013
I fell in love with these boots the second I saw them online. After reading several reviews I decided to get a size 8 as I usually fall somewhere between an 8 to almost an 8 1/2. In person these boots are completely adorable and quality made. I've tried these in both an 8 & 9. The 8 is snug. Perhaps a bit more snug than I would prefer but the 9s are just too large. I decided to go with the 8s. With tights or thin socks they are actually pretty comfortable. However like other reviewers mentioned there is a spot in the back of the heel area that is a bit unpleasant and after walking in the boots for a few hours it does start to wear on you. I'm hoping that it will eventually break in and leave me with a wonderfully comfortable pair of boots. They do stain clothing and I imagine they will for a while till I break them in. Sadly I ruined a pair of tights but worth it all the same. For reference I am 5'7" these hit me just under my knee. If you are much shorter I don't imagine these will be very comfortable on you, as walking might be a bit odd due to their length. Others complained about these being difficult to lace up. PLEASE I had mine laced in less than 5 minutes, no problem. I completely recommend giving these boots a try keeping in mind the sizing is a bit strange and narrow. These go with just about anything!
on October 6, 2014
I would like to start this off by saying that I have purchased and worn Minnetonkas for years, well over a decade now. Production quality has definitely gone down. A lot.

This pair was the most disappointing purchase ever. The shoes fit perfectly, don't get me wrong on that. But it was getting them to a wearable state that was a pain in the ass. I read previous negative reviews about how the holes weren't entirely punched or aligned and other various complaints. I had the same problems. The holes were neither aligned correctly nor punched all the way through. Fortunately, I'm crafty and already had tools to solve this problem but other people might not. The outside dye comes off on my hands with basic handling. I'm hoping that will change as the shoe gets worn more. Also, a minor problem compared to the rest, but the size of the lacing is too big for the holes and when working on them, I had to punch the holes a couple times to get the lacing to fit. I'm not returning them because I basically voided the warranty when I worked on them.

The reason for the three stars and not something lower was that 1. I haven't had dye inside the shoe come off on my feet, at least not yet and I wore them all day during a really hot day while breaking them in. 2. The new sole style is really comfortable. I was actually surprised by that. Its like a hiking boot tread with a moccasin shoe.

So to sum up, I am happy with them now that I have fixed them but I would not buy them again if given the choice knowing what I know now. Save yourself some money and pass on these. Unless you're crafty as I am and already have leather tools cause you're going to need them.
on March 16, 2012
I've been looking at these for a while and finally had the money to buy them. I really like how the tongue is fully attached to the rest of the boot so there's no chance of it sagging down. I have to be really picky what jeans I wear with this boot because it does get really tight towards the foot. At first they were really stiff but I wore them around the house for a day or so and the leather stretched out a bit and it was a lot more comfortable. I get a lot of comments from people about how "retro" it is and how it reminds them of the 70s. They are great with pants, shorts, skirts, anything!!! The only problem is that I do have to loosen them a lot to slip them off. I also like how I can leave them loose to produce a slouchy effect or tie them up tight if I want. I actually do walk around the fields and rivers of Nebraska in these. I am in love!
on October 16, 2011
Boots are cute, love them! My friend who works at Payless got me some stain guard so I'm going to spray them so I can wear them more. LOVE LOVE LOVE
on May 16, 2009
The shoes are soft and comfortable. I love the unique style and they are well made. The leather is not very thick, so be careful not to pull them off from the bottom because it might rip.
on February 19, 2016
I have had similar Minnetonka boots last couple years, they didn't have the ridges on the soles like these and were a size 10 which eventually started to fit like a size 14 lol. I prefer the flat sole on these because these soles make the shoe feel extremely narrow and off balance also twigs and things getting stuck under there, but everyone is different.
These boots are extremely narrow in the sole, tight and uncomfortable. At first they have a strong scent.
They are suede and will adjust to your feet very much like moccasins the Natives wore.
My feet measure 10.5 inches long and are narrow so I went with a size 9 this time around(I usually wear a size 10). I am in the process of returning them for a size 10 in a flat sole style and in mens for that is all that is available (size 8 men's my preference). And yes my feet are in real pain with the 9s but I am positive the 10s will be easier for my feet to accustom to. The suede on these boots soften up with more wear. I hate them when they come out of the box but I have learned to love them as they form to my feet. They are supposed to fit tight at first but with enough space to adjust to your feet.
Breaking them is simple, they become softer with wear and I never take them off especially in the spring summer and fall so that comes effortlessly.
I live outside, these prevent my legs from getting attacked by prickers when hiking through them and tree sap. It's like wearing almost nothing on my feet and I DISLIKE SHOES A LOT so these are very helpful for protection and basically feeling the ground through the boots as I climb trees etc.
They are great for every occasion so I am still fashionable even tho my days and nights are spent in the forest but when I have to dress up or go to a funeral they are still looking good. Sometimes with a little wipe down ;) I am really hoping the exchange goes smoothly and can't wait for my size 10, smooth soles to arrive.
Pair these with a good water repellent spray inside and out and these boots are perfect for everyday even when you lose balance and fall into a swamp.
on February 15, 2015
These boots are gorgeous. Suede soft as butter, great laces. I love the grippy soles. The instep is the spongy "minnetonka" pattern rather than the stitched suede, it makes for more comfortable wear. My feet don't hurt after wearing all day. I wear a 10 in all my other minnetonka boots (1,2,3,&5 fringe) and this boot was surprisingly large. I have almost too much wiggle room. I debated returning for a smaller size but decided to avoid that pain in the ass. I still love them. If I order them in another color, I'll get a 9. I see what people mean about lack of quality control on these. My lace holes match up but the toes of each boot are slightly different. I dont agree with the people complaining about lacing. If these take you that long to lace, you have bigger problems