5.0 out of 5 stars I hiked in these all summer
Published 20 months ago by mountainmama

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly Made
Published 6 months ago by TaraV

5.0 out of 5 stars I hiked in these all summer, January 7, 2013
This review is from: Minnetonka Women's Kiltie Suede Softsole Moccasins (Apparel)
I know most of you are planning to use these as in-house only shoes, but I just thought I would let you all know that this past Summer I was following some words of a friend that insisted "the Native Americans used shoes made of leather to walk on dirt, why can't we". I worked all summer in the mountains at a lodge and every week I would go on a different hike wearing these softsole moccasins, and all three months they held strong without getting a rip in the soles. Anyone walking on concrete all day are going to tear them apart within weeks, but anyone in the situation I was this summer, walking on soft dirt trails, will have a wonderful hiking shoe that will be light and will grip to rocks as if you were barefoot. I had friends that had used those vibrum five fingers one summer and then switched to moccasins, and preferred the moccasins, bar none. To make them more waterproof, just set them next to a smokey fire! I still wear them to this day. They might be my favorite shoe of all time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Like wearing slippers., January 9, 2007
Terri K. (Orlando., FL USA) - See all my reviews
This shoe provides amazing comfort with a very casual feel. The only thing is that you can't get them wet or they will stain your feet and/or socks. Also, you have to be careful of what surfaces you walk on with them- too much concrete will make them wear much quicker. But, with the comfort they provide and the fact that they aren't very expensive and very worthwhile- you won't mind buying a replacement pair in 6 months to a year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable shoe!, December 18, 2010
Lisa Lee (BFE Oklahoma) - See all my reviews
These are undoubtly the most comfortable shoe I've ever owned. So soft. Order a size smaller than usual as they stretch out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful relaxing footwear for around the house, October 8, 2008
Jean Schweer (Beatrice, Nebraska) - See all my reviews
I bought these to wear around the house when lounging and they are perfect. They keep my feet from drying out walking on the carpet and are cool in summer and warm in the winter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, May 23, 2009
Excellent quality! Planning on ordering other colors soon! Received shipment as promised and on schedule, excellent service!

5.0 out of 5 stars Women's Minnetonka Kilty Suede Moc Softsole, April 7, 2008
I was very happy with Shoebuy's service. The merchandise was shipped out and delivered in a timely manner. The moccasin was very comfortable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, February 9, 2013
Don't worry when you first try it on! I ordered the soft sole version in blue suede, after wearing the regular sole in brown for a while (and loving it). I ordered my regular size in the regular sole shoe (perfect), and a half size down in the soft sole. It didn't look right when I first put them on, like they weren't made well, and they seemed way too big but they were so comfy I didn't care. The insole is super squishy and feels even better that any slipper I've ever worn. Awesome! The weird look/fit disappeared after I wore them for a couple of hours and they conformed to my feet. I can't wear shoes that are tight at all around the metatarsal area because of neuromas, so the fit is actually perfect for me, but if you want a moccasin that really hugs your feet I would suggest going at least a whole size down and to be prepared to exchange for even smaller if necessary. The color is more of a faded grey-blue than the vibrant blue in the picture, but it is a very nice look that I actually prefer. The color in both my brown and blue pair does not rub off on anything, even wearing barefoot all day. I have not gotten them wet besides occasional raindrops, so I cannot comment on that. These are my favorite things to wear!

5.0 out of 5 stars True to size and very comfy, January 30, 2013
I got these in my normal size and they fit like a glove, though I have wide feet. They're incredibly comfortable, but I'm only just breaking them in and have no idea how they'll hold up over time. Just a note - the picture doesn't quite match the product. The outside is exactly as pictured, though the sole is white with Minntonka Moccasins stamped on it, like this: [...] Not enough of an issue to lower the star rating, but it would be nice if the picture was exact so people get what they're paying for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wife loves them, January 11, 2013
I got these slippers as a Christmas present for my wife. She says they're cute and really likes them. They do appear to have a pretty good amount of padding on the sole, and the inner lining looks very plush and soft. The size is right on. The quality is pretty good, and look like they'll hold up pretty well to daily use. She's been wearing them every day.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly Made, February 19, 2014
I was excited to try out these cute moccasins, as I was happy with the other styles of Minnetoka's I have owned in the past. However, within 3 days of wearing them the lining of the soles started coming apart!! I tried to put the lining of the sole back in place, but the glue they used has became gummy and lost its adhesiveness. I am very disappointed in this product and will think twice before purchasing another pair of Minnetonka's.

Rate and Discover Movies