Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on March 30, 2011
As I said in the video, they look cool, and I wouldn't give them a 10 for comfort on me, but I do have a wider foot, which is probably why to me, the sole is a bit too narrow to where it feels as if the edges of my feet are wider than the bottom of the shoe. The main discomfort issue I felt was in the back of the shoe though. It just sort of rubs when I walk and I really have not worn the boots again, so I can't say as to whether that's something I'd get used to, or would lessen long-term, but I would tend to think something like that would not be remedied by the shoe stretching out over time. It feels as if a piece of the suede rubs against the back of my heel at a point where to pieces of it are seamed together. Other people's reviews do not seem to mention any comfort issues, so again, I wonder if perhaps it's just the wideness of my foot, or incorrect sizing in my case. I purchased a size 10. One thing many reviewers do agree on however, is that they run small, and alot of times when I buy shoes online and reviews say they either run large or small, I generally just stick to my usual size of either 9 or 9 1/2, and all is fine, but with these boots- absolutely get them a whole size up. Good luck to you.
1313 comments| 87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 25, 2015
I do love my new boots! Perfect quality leather, shipped and arriving as expected!! Only the leather straps were a little messy, cause they were to long in the box, but I fixed it stretching the straps... And the fit was as expected and very comfy !!! I love them !!!
review image
on January 25, 2010
I ordered these one full size up after reading reviews saying they run small. I'm glad I did. I have a little wiggle room in the toes but the boots fit very well and as they're slender, don't look too big on my feet. The suede is soft and comfy and the 5 layers of fringe are very cool. These have thin soles so you feel the ground--I added some gel insoles for a little more padding. The side zipper keeps the shaft snug on my calves--no slouching. Very happy with these!
on February 21, 2012
These are really cute. I knew from the other reviews that my chances were iffy but I took a chance and ordered. No-go for me. I am a 7/7.5 and I got an 8, and the footbed was OK in size but the calf was waaay too narrow. I have on the wide side of normal calves (most boots zip on me in bare legs but I'd need a wide calf usually to tuck in something heavy like jeans) and these were nearly impossible to zip and when I got them up, they were so tight they gave me calf muffin! I didn't even know you could have calf muffin!
on November 2, 2013
First, I LOVE boots! These I saw on a classmate (in the tan and loved them ) and I too, searched for these boots in my area and couldn't find the 5 layer anywhere but tried on the 3 layer at DSW- and knew that they didn't come in half sizes, so I ordered a 10-even after reading the reviews about the narrowness of the boot. Size 10 is a half size bigger and they are tight, tight. A bigger size won't solve the fit issues. Overall, the boots arrived FAST! as I am a prime member and Amazon always delivers :) - I pulled them out and tried them on and they ARE SNUG. I know that suede will stretch out and that is what has me worried. The way the boots are constructed no matter what size your feet are, they are going to overlap the bottom of the boot- the sole is the narrowest part of this shoe and you'll feel your feet slipping over the sole- so when they do stretch out- your going to see the overlap of your feet onto the sole- the other reviewers remark about the back of the ankle rubbing- that's true as well. I am average sized as far as my calves go-so no problem zipping them up or fitting around the calves - that's a plus because as the suede stretches- they won't tend to fall down. However, as I own AT LEAST ten pairs of boots for the fall and winter - so I do consider myself a bit knowledgeable about fit and wear- I store my boots and bring them back out in season - so I don't mind "paying for what I get"- that is the main reason I will more than likely return these boots. For the amount of money that they cost- the sole should be constructed better and I am particular - if I don't like the boot or am uncomfortable to the point of distraction wearing them - I will gift them to others- I have been known to literally take the shoes off of my feet and give them to a friend! But, back to my main "gripe" if you will- I buy a lot of boots and spend anywhere's from $25. to $150. on them- so I expect not to have to make do with a $100. pair of boots, and a brand such as Minnetonka should have put more thought/effort into the construction of the soles. They are extremely aesthetically pleasing- but I know the idiosyncrasies will stop me from wearing them- so- I will try to wear them around the house- for tomorrow- It's Sunday- but in the end- I know that I will return them. That makes me very sad. One reviewer said due to her Native heritage she would keep them and loved them- as my mother is full Ojibwe- these are not even close to moccasins in construction. UPDATED: after wearing the boots around the house- they are definitely subpar as far as construction goes for the price- the left is way off compared to the right and the box says size 10, but you couldn't convince me they were a size 10- My husband just asked me "what are you going to wear them until you decide to keep them" I sadly have to say "NO" - as I was taking them off the zipper fringe broke right off- normally a non issue- BUT- I JUST GOT THEM! Minnetonka missed it on this one. The search continues.
on February 2, 2010
I got these for christmas, and I absolutely love them! They're comfy, have so much movement with the fringe, and they fit wonderfully. Minnetonka shoes have always impressed me, they are on the pricey side, in my opinion, but their so worth it! My feet fit in the shoe, and i can actually zipper them all the way up my calf (i tend to have bigger, muscular calfs).
on December 2, 2015
Great pair of boots. Originally I had ordered one size up, I am 5"4, 122 lbs, average sized calves and I have their short ankle boots in 7 that were tight at first but stretches out. The 8 was too big for me. 7 is still perfect. I do understand sizing concerns however as I also have their 3 tiered boots and in those I definitely need an 8. I could not even get my foot into the 7. My conclusion is that you might have to judge by the type of soles they use for their different kinds of boots. These have nubbly stubs on the soles as do the ankle boots I have. The 3 tiered boots have flat soles. Those seem to run smaller overall. That's just make take, however. Best to try 2 sizes to find your fit. How do you know if it's too big? Your feet will wobble side to side and have almost no support. If it is just a little tight, not too uncomfortable after 10 to 15 minutes, they will stretch to fit in the long run. Good luck!! Oh and the black ones that I go do dye your socks and pants so watch out! They still look, feel, and even smell great (of leather suede). Great buy!
on November 16, 2015
Okay- I read all the reviews before I bought these and yes...they are a little snug when you first get them out of the box and put them on, but being leather, they give a little as you wear them. The soles are very soft and flexible, though there is not a lot of arch support. If you need it, then I would encourage you to order up a size or half size to give you room to put in an insert for added arch support. Now, let me just say this: THEY ARE AMAZING!!! They are incredibly well made, beautiful, the calf is not too tight and not too loose, it's a great fit without being tight on my legs and they fit perfectly with my skinny jeans/leggings and everything else I've paired them with. I love these boots. I've looked at them for a few years and finally decided to have them for myself this year as a little treat and they are SO worth it. If you're inbetween sizes, go up. If you need extra support, go up. Otherwise....be prepared for the cuteness!!!
on February 25, 2016
I am in love with these boots. I wish I had these in the 60's!!!! I have a very narrow foot and wear a size 6 to 6 1/2 in a boot depending on how it is made. The circumference of my calf is 13 1/2 inches. I ordered a size 7. As far as the foot bed length fit, it is perfect. But beware--these are very narrow. I am currently wearing them a little every day to get them to stretch out to a comfortable fit--my left foot is currentmy rubbing uncomfortabmy on the stitching. The calf area will accommodate leggings--but anything more is going to be a tight fit. But talk about cool!!! You can't best it. I am sure my boots will stretch out to a comfortable fit. I wouldn't want to wear them out right now because I know my dogs would be barking loud. I also added some heavy duty orthotic inserts after taking out the leather insert inside the boot. This will make them wearable anywhere.
on April 13, 2015
I love the way they look, however inside of the boot there are exposed seams that irritated the side of my foot near my smallest toe, and there are also really uncomfortable exposed seams around both heels. These factors made the boot very uncomfortable. I plan to take them to the shoe repair shop to have some type of lining/insole/padding installed, so I'm going to end up spending more money because I want to keep them so bad. Also, the boot opening is very small, very narrow, like, not really designed for a full grown woman. I could barely get them zipped. If the circumference if your calf exceeds 14 1/4 inches in any way, don't bother purchasing because they will not fit. There are a lot of negatives to the design, and the fact they they are 'handmade' adds no benefits to comfort AT ALL. I'm hoping and assuming that they have to be 'broken in' to achieve any level of comfort. I guess I'm hard headed for keeping them, but I really love the style and no one else makes these other than Minnetonka. I'm sure another manufacturer could do a better job. Not having any lining on the inside, with all of the seams exposed really sucks and kind of makes you feel cheated after spending $100.