5.0 out of 5 stars best mushroom base
have used this product for 20 years. Makes the perfect base for my mushroom and vegetables, pasta soup. Everyone loves it. Great for vegeterians.
Published on November 5, 2007 by Liliane Rattner

1.0 out of 5 stars more salt than mushroom flavor
Published on December 16, 2006 by Dwight

1.0 out of 5 stars more salt than mushroom flavor, December 16, 2006
This review is from: Minor's Mushroom Base (Misc.)
Minor's has changed their soup bases for the worse increasing the salt and starch filler at the expense of flavor. I bought some soup bases a few years ago and especially liked the clam and mushroom bases. Unfortunately, the manufacturer sent me a promo postcard years later offering free shipping and cheaper prices if I ordered directly so I ordered a bunch and the only tolerable one was the low sodium chicken. This mushroom base is useless and you will taste acrid saltiness before you ever taste mushroom. I use it in lieu of salt (with the bonus of an msg quality) in oatmeal, teff flour, ground beef and ginger pieces for a not quite Cream of Mushroom Soup stand-in.

2.0 out of 5 stars An explosion of salt, March 12, 2011
Eddie Wannabee (Western Hemisphere) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Minor's Mushroom Base (Misc.)
Thought it would be more inclined toward the mushroom concentrate than any other thing. So when I started the water and put an average amount, the kind I would use on other base products, I was startled by the amount of salt I found myself tasting. Yes, if you use a much smaller quantity it does have its redeeming quality but, really, if I wanted so much salt on a base I would have ordered Salt Base. It works in small amounts and do not get me wrong: I am a dedicated fan of Minor's products but while plenty of others are above average on taste this one exceeds the allotted salt limits. I remember having to amplify my creation by a ratio of ten more cups of water to lessen the salty taste. Somewhere in there, lurking in the broth it made, a mushroom flavor was present. Yes, I agree with the first review (2006) on way too much salt. Therefore, 2 Stars at the most.

5.0 out of 5 stars best mushroom base, November 5, 2007