Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Size: One Size|Color: Black|Change

on December 14, 2012
Based on the picture I really thought this thing would be long enough to fully cover my neck in all types of situations. Turns out it barely covers my neck at all. And I have a shaved head, so if anything, my lack of hair up there should allow it to sit even lower on me than it would on someone else, right? But no, even with a mock-turtleneck on, if I bend my head to look down, an inch-wide strip of skin on the back of my neck becomes visible, while at the same time the material seems to bunch up excessively around my throat. I'm 6'1" and 225, and I wear a 7.5 hat, and this is a snug fit on me. So snug that you can almost make out the outline of my lips.

It is a very nice material though, and there are no uncomfortable or awkwardly-placed seams. And it is very soft and breathable. But it will push your breath right up out the eye hole, so when I went to put on my glasses to see how I looked, the very first breath I took fogged them up completely. If you plan on wearing goggles with these, make sure they are EXTREMELY anti-fog, or else skydiving goggles or something airtight, otherwise you're just gonna have a steady supply of lung-steam pouring over and through them.

Another thing I didn't notice in the picture was the huge Minus 33 logo on the back left side. If you look closely, you can just barely see it in the picture. I'm not a fan of companies putting large, bright, easily visible logos on something that must have been designed at least partially with stealthiness in mind, but maybe that's just me.
on June 23, 2013
Best around. Easy to wash and wring. Breathable but will collect condensation around the upper lip, underside of nose. Just wipe off. Keeps warm without staying too warm. Shields from a slice of chilly wind very well. Can breathe through, even when breathing hard. Doesnt smell/taste off. Feels and tastes natural. Good coverage. Good stitching. Good form. Good elasticity. Holds shape, even over time. Seals around the opening. Perspiration doesnt mildew if not able to wash it right away. Very pleased with quality and product.
on February 15, 2011
This is an excellent balaclava - warm, lightweight, and comfortable, but when I wear it, unlike the picture, it doesn't go down to or over my shoulders. Since it doesn't narrow for the neck it can get a bit chilly.

If you don't have something else, I would recommend getting the neck gaiter to go with it. Between the two, the neck and head will stay nice and warm.
on August 1, 2011
Absolutely the best Marino Wool on the Market.

Expedition Weight is by far the warmest and worth every penny!

Not only will you NOT smell like ass as you do when you wear the synthetics.

Keeps you warm in the cold and cool when you go indoors...

I highly RECOMMEND it!
on October 4, 2013
Even though the package says "Men's" Balaclava, it fit my small female head perfectly, and covers the face nicely. I can see though if you are a man, it might be a snug fit. But it stretches easily, and fit my husband fine as well.. Great product!
on February 1, 2011
Sorry Under Armour, You will never be able to compete with Wool. This Balaclava is perfect for those hunting from blind or those just enjoying the outdoors. For those serious about hunting, give Wool a try. Merino Wool is great due to the functions, odor fighting, washable as well as other Wool qualities, look for yourself. This Minus33 come with a good price followed by quality, I own the complete set. Give natural wool a try, you'll never look at synthetics again. Don't get me wrong, Synthetic clothing looks nice, but just not for insulation to be worn against the skin.
on May 9, 2014
Bought htis for a winter hike. And winter showed up and I wore it 24 hours a day for about a week. It fits well, has not stretched out and does not smell. And I am a stinky guy. I have used it on several occasions and it rocks.
on April 25, 2015
Nice balaclava. Good quality and well made. I bought both the light one and heavier one and they are both good for different temperatures and conditions. Used the heavier one at a minus 0 degree Packer game and it was great. Will use the lighter one for snowshoeing and skiing. Soooooo much nicer than synthetic.
on February 28, 2013
I have a number of things from this brand for skiing, and I actively search it out (because the first balaclava that I got from them was very good -- I'm still using it). The thing I was worried about originally was the wool -- would it be too itchy? The only real problem with it was that it had to be washed a couple of times before using it because when it's brand new, it smells from the dye. After that, it's been great. This is the heavier version of it, and is plenty warm. My son uses it, and he loves it. (Maybe too much .. he chewed a hole in it.)
on April 1, 2015
I love this balaclava!
- Warm. Material is quite thick and dense.
- Buttery soft. Material feels really good on the skin. I like just running my fingers over it because it feels so nice.
- NOT the least bit itchy/scratchy. This is Merino Wool -- it feels wonderful against one's skin.

I've worn this both alone and with other layers. I found that it is thick enough to provide some really great warmth, but thin enough for me to wear comfortably underneath my wool Stormy Kromer cap.

I slept outside last night. It was 10°F. All I had on my head was this and two watch caps over it. My head was extremely comfortable.