Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 8 Minute Buns & Legs
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Format: DVD|Change
Price:$17.88+ $3.99 shipping

on October 1, 2001
Both of these workout are really good. I've been doing them everyday for a week now and I can already see a difference. The leg segment is pretty easy, but the buns segment is really tough. I like this because it's fast and seems very effective. I would recommend this DVD, but I wish I had seen that you can get the DVD that also has the Abs and Arms all on one for just a few dollars more. I think I still might get the Abs and Arms DVD too, because I like the 8 minute time frame, it's good for adding onto other routines or doing them by themselves when you're in a hurry.
The only thing I would say negative about this DVD is that the picture quality is not the best, it skips some and is definitely not DVD quality, but the price is good compared to other DVD's. Also, the man who instructs says "come on gang" a few too many times, but I can handle that. Other than those two complaints I say try these out, I think you'll like them.
on November 24, 2006
I initially skeptical and thought it would be too easy. But after I tried it, I found it to be a VERY EFFECTIVE workout. I totally feel the burn (even though I've done exercises similar to these before on workouts like The Firm's Buns/Hips tapes which I love). One of the keys to it being so effective is that NO TIME IS WASTED in between movements, you are constantly doing 30-45 seconds of one motion, then doing 30-45 seconds of another motion.

Instead of counting the number of repititions, the instructor goes by time; I like this because beginners can easily do the exercises at a slower pace if the need to, without being distracted by what the instructor is counting. Also, since each exercise is only 30-45 seconds, I don't get bored with it.

I liked the "countdown" indicator on the side of the screen because it gave me an idea of how much more is left of the workout, so it motivates to just finish up the next 5 minutes, 4 minute, 3 minutes.

This is a no frills workout, doing LOW IMPACT (no jumping or marching) ISOLATION exercises. The instructor has good form. I think this workout is challenging for even intermediate users. For advance people, all of the exercises can be done with ankle weights (I would recommend trying it without weights first, then once you get the hang of things try a 1 lb ankle weight, then increase weight as you get stronger)

A nice thing about this video that isn't advertised is the fact that is has several different BONUS WORKOUTS that are very cardio, so this workout ought to rival the other mix-and-match exercise dvd's out there.

BUNS - 8 minutes

squats

lunges

butt kick (leg shoot outs while in table position)

bent leg press (leg lifts while in table position with knee bent)

butt lift (leg lifts while in table position with straight leg)

STANDING - 8 minutes

squats

quad lift

outer thigh raise, butt press

inner thigh raise

hamstring curl, butt lift

outer thigh lift, squat(if you have bad knees, you can do just the outer thigh lift)

lunge front/back

bent leg inner thigh raise

plie, calf raises

BONUS TRACKS

Stretch 8min

Jamaica Me Swet' 10min (dance aerobics)

Gilad Step Aerobics 20min

Advanced Step & Slide 20min
on February 19, 2003
I love these 8-minute workouts! I have both the buns/legs and arms/abs DVD. It's super easy to squeeze in one or two 8 minute sessions in the morning before work plus they really do seem to work. Best of all the people aren't annoying or boring. One thing that's really cool is that there is no counting -- they tally reps by time (eg: 30 seconds doing this, 1 minute doing that, etc.).
on March 8, 2002
The Buns workout is the best out of all of the 8 minute work minute outs. It is hard at first but it is well worth the effort. The 8 minute strech is a great addition to the DVD.
on September 30, 2003
Once you look passed the cheesy instructor and the 90s haircuts and pay attention to the excercises... you'll get a wonderful work out!
And it's great for people who have a busy day... just wake up a little early and dedicate 8 minutes of your life everyday to this DVD series and you'll start noticing the change within weeks!
on September 20, 2003
This workout REALLY BURNS... Even after 3 weeks use, I pant & sweat as soon as I finish the workout. I dread putting the DVD into the player because I know I'll pause every now and then & consume lots of energy.... Yet, I recommend it and raise two thumbs up for this DVD! Very time convenient!!
on August 10, 2005
I just love these 8 minute workouts. I do the abs one every day and can see the results where I never did before. The buns workout is a real killer. The sweat pours down my face and I always swear at Jamie and call him a sadistic SOB for putting me through this torture, but I keep coming back to it. It feels good when you get done and your buns are burning as they say they will. I also do the arms workout when I am in a hurry. I do alot of walking so I usually skip the legs workout. Don't listen to the negative comments, these are fantastic workouts!
on December 10, 2010
Love this!! really simple and basic, - but yet challenging - and lots of fun! The Guy Jaime Brenkus - SUPER!!! Very motivational!! Excellent instructor!! Definitely would like more work outs from him!!! I will look him up on the internet. It was originally made back in the 90's so you can tell that the whole thing is dated - but old basics is sometimes better then new and so challenging that you really just don't want to do it. I'm a former personel trainer, former aerobics instructor, been working out for 25 years, so I'm pretty knowledgeable. If your quick on time, and you want to just get something in - better then nothing - then this is it! I would buy everything from this guy if he's still making workout series!!! Thanks Jaime!! Your SUPER!! And for the person who made the comment about his "materials" - that's what all male and female instructors wore back then!! Even big Body builders!!!
on May 26, 2014
You can feel these the next day and feeling a workout means it is working! Buns and Abs daily is so effective... I'm not in the shape I was a few years ago...but getting back into it. I still have a nice behind and abs I swear from doing these so much years ago! I'm back on the wagon and I suggest you give these a try! I truly believe they work so well and you will not be disappointed if you stick to it! goodluck!
on July 4, 2013
Anytime I want a great, I meant Great!, thigh & buns workout this is my go to DVD! I cannot tell you how many times I have done this and have definitely felt the burn in the afternoon and the next day as well! I can tell a huge difference since I've started using this workout. My legs are stronger and my pants are getting looser all the time. I plan on incorporating this more and more in my routines, at least every other day as every day would kill me! :) But I love it!