5.0 out of 5 stars Must Have!
Who needs a fire poker when you can just reach in the fire, grab the wood, and rearrange it how you want it. These are awesome and a must for a home fireplace. These were the longest ones that I could find which is important so that it goes up high on your arm.

Published on December 8, 2011 by Robert

3.0 out of 5 stars Better for low heat use
We live in MA and make use of a wood stove for our primary heat. I have been looking for a pair of gloves to replace the pair we wore out last winter. Our old gloves were from LL Bean and worked really well, to the point that I was easily able to pick up and adjust red hot logs.

Published on January 25, 2009 by SK

3.0 out of 5 stars Better for low heat use, January 25, 2009
SK (Stow, MA) - See all my reviews

These gloves don't offer the same level of protection. I can feel the heat and get burned much sooner than I did in the past. I think that they would work well for occasional fireplace or "low heat" use. I do like the extra long sleeve as it does help in keeping my forearm protected.

I would give them 2 1/2 stars if it were an available option.

Unbeatable Sale, Inc shipped the product right away and I received them in no time. They also included a pair of "thank you" mints in the package. A nice "old school" touch that you usually don't get from online retailers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Have!, December 8, 2011
Robert (California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Minuteman International A-13B Hearth Gloves, Large (Misc.)

Now, be realistic when you use these. It protects you from instant burns but after a while the heat comes through ... So don't just hold your hand in the fire forever thinking that you are invincible. Even so, they are pretty awesome!

5.0 out of 5 stars Minuteman Intnl A-13B Hearth Gloves, November 27, 2012
This review is from: Minuteman International A-13B Hearth Gloves, Large (Misc.)
I had been skeptical about buying a pair of hearth gloves because I had been using welder's asbestos gloves to load my wood stove. Our cats urinated on these gloves so I was forced to get rid of them and could not find another pair.

The next pair of gloves, I purchased, were shorter so I always had burns on my forearms from loading wood into a hot stove.

I finally broke down and purchased these gloves - they are great!

I have not been burned since I have owned them; this is my second season using them.

They are well made and completely protect you from the heat. I had one of the copper pipes fall out of the roof of the stove into the hot coals, the pipe was glowing red when I picked it up and carried it outside so it could cool off safely.

I highly recommend these gloves!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not great., January 29, 2013
This review is from: Minuteman International A-13B Hearth Gloves, Large (Misc.)
I had a hearth glove many years ago with which I could grab a log with red coals all over and hold it without ever having it get unbearably hot. This was back in 2005 and I could have sworn it was a gift someone gave me from pampered chef, but I cannot find it by searching their site, so perhaps it wasn't them.

This glove merely does an okay job. I can reach into the red hot depths of a fire and quickly move logs around, but lingering is not an option as it will get very hot very fast. If I do inadvertently grab a hot log for too long I have to quickly pull my hand out of the fire and remove it from the glove as it will retain the heat for a moment thereafter.

One might posit the question "Look, buddy....just how long do you intend to play with hot coals in a fireplace to begin with?". To which I might retort with "Listen...when I'm moving logs around in a fireplace I'd prefer not to react hastily because of experiencing searing heat. The old hearth glove I had allowed me to take my time and move logs where I wanted to move them accurately. WIth these gloves I feel that I have to act faster."

5.0 out of 5 stars Size is important, November 25, 2011
This review is from: Minuteman International A-13B Hearth Gloves, Large (Misc.)
These gloves are heavy duty and long enough to reach a man's elbow. Great for carrying wood into the house as well as stoking the fire in safety and comfort.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great aid for woodstove, November 15, 2011
This review is from: Minuteman International A-13B Hearth Gloves, Large (Misc.)
Gloves are very flexible which make them easy to use. Long length makes them perfect for reaching into the firebox of a woodstove to grab or move logs. Offers plenty of protection from heat.

5.0 out of 5 stars looks great, works great, May 11, 2009
brandeeno (New York, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Minuteman International A-13B Hearth Gloves, Large (Misc.)
i love the black leather with the red'ish seams. its lined with a fur type of material and insulates from hot coals/logs very well. the extra long portion is great.

3.0 out of 5 stars ehh its ok, December 15, 2012
This review is from: Minuteman International A-13B Hearth Gloves, Large (Misc.)
They do not last long against hot coals. They are wearing ok, but they get hot in about 15 seconds.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent gloves, December 19, 2011
This review is from: Minuteman International A-13B Hearth Gloves, Large (Misc.)
The glove are excellent. Heavy enough to have no worries of getting burned but not too bulky. The long length is great, keeping your forearm safe from flame also. We use them to move logs into and within our fireplace. We plan on using them this summer out camping and when we BBQ. Highly recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars A total rip off for a Non performing product., June 9, 2013
This review is from: Minuteman International A-13B Hearth Gloves, Large (Misc.)
These gloves have only been used approximately 6, maybe 8 times for an outdoor fire pit and already the tips of the fingers have "melted tight together" that you can not fit them completely on your hand. It is a terrible product for the price, a total rip off!

Minuteman International A-13B Hearth Gloves, Large