5.0 out of 5 stars Worked fine for me
I've never seen such terrible reviews for an item before on Amazon. I did a great amount of research before refinishing my oak floors. Even after reading the poor reviews, I decided to use this poly.

I sanded everything off of my floors with a drum sander, progressively using less abrasive sandpaper until I reached around 200 grit. After sweeping and vacuuming...
Published 16 months ago by Chris Ireland

1.0 out of 5 stars uneven floor finish
Yesterday I recoated my polyurethaned wood floor with Minwax oil based polyurethane satin finish. I am quite disappointed seeing it today.
I have done other floors in the past beside this one. They have always had a great smooth finish. I screened the floor with an industrial machine with 120 grit screens. I cleaned the floor with mineral spirits.
I applied...
Published on April 22, 2011 by jcwhippley

1.0 out of 5 stars wow this stuff falls short everywhere, June 9, 2013
This review is from: Minwax 13025 VOC Fast Drying Polyurethane For Floor
so I thought I'd be a nice guy a and seal coat a few wood projects my son has done. naturally I insisted that he use a top. coat to protect his work and ensure he gets a long life out of his projects..... boy after using this I'm really eating those words its nearly 48hrs later and this stuff isn't yet dry and I've tries every suggested idea I could find I'm left with a sticky bubbled mess that I now(I feel responsible for the death of this once pretty wood) have to sand the crap out of just to buy another kind of finish and Start from square 1 I don't normally suggest everyone for any reason stay away from a product b/c usually they serve someone some good even if its not me but I can without a doubt say this product will serve NO ONE and will only DISTORY that in which your trying to protect you've been warned

1.0 out of 5 stars Resellers need to pull this product off the shelves and web sites, August 15, 2013
I have read the customer reviews for - " Customer Reviews
Minwax 13025 VOC Fast Drying Polyurethane For Floor" which are almost all very negative. I had purchased this product locally and also found it very unsatisfactory . The negative reviews on your site are right-on correct.

My question to Amazon as it will be to Home Depot and other outlets is - WHY IN THE WORLD DO YOU CONTINUE TO SELL A PRODUCT WHEN IT HAS SUCH NEGATIVE REPORTS? AT WHAT POINT TO YOU PULL IT OFF THE SHELVES OR WEB SITE AND SERVE NOTICE TO THE MANUFACTURER? That is an option any reseller has and a way to serve customers by making their feedback on experiences reported on a bad product effective. Rm4s inc , Bob Troendly, 770 329 3312

1.0 out of 5 stars garbage!!!, July 26, 2013
This review is from: Minwax 13025 VOC Fast Drying Polyurethane For Floor
I am a general Contractor and Have done hundreds of floors. There is diifnetley a problem wth minwax fast drying formula. I do not Recommmend. Caution use at your own risk. It seams The expoxy mixture Is off will not Dry properly and will remain Tacky. Will need to strip and redo floor. There other normal high Build prroduct works fine. Stay away from fast drying product

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with results., December 14, 2014
This review is from: Minwax 13025 VOC Fast Drying Polyurethane For Floor
Worked as advertised. Applied 2 coats with a 9" lambswool roller, waiting 12 hours in between coats. 2nd coat fully dry after 8 hours, but will wait 24 hours before putting furniture back. No bubbles, smooth finish. Nothing but good things to say about it. Do suggest opening a window to let the fumes out/fresh air in. Used it in two rooms bedroom and family room.

1.0 out of 5 stars Garbage! Buy something else!, April 30, 2013
yepadoos "yepadoos" (South Elgin, Il USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Minwax 13025 VOC Fast Drying Polyurethane For Floor
Wanted to add to the chorus of bad reviews for this product. I am not a novice at finishing hardwood floors and I followed the instructions exactly. The finish turned out bumpy and bubbly. I am now going to be forced to sand this off and try again with a quality product. Please beware.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible results, April 7, 2014
This review is from: Minwax 13025 VOC Fast Drying Polyurethane For Floor
I've been building furniture for forty years and refinishing flooring. I've never encountered such poor results using standard application techniques on new wood. There is definitely a problem with this product. It is virtually impossible to get an even finish without bubbles and uneven surfaces. Terrible results.

1.0 out of 5 stars Mr, September 17, 2013
This review is from: Minwax 13025 VOC Fast Drying Polyurethane For Floor
I used the fast drying ten years ago, worked out ok, This time it is garabage, do not use minwax products, even their stain sucks.

1.0 out of 5 stars What A Nightmare, July 13, 2010
This review is from: Minwax 13025 VOC Fast Drying Polyurethane For Floor
I resurfaced hardwood floors twice in life. The first time I did so I had no problems(oil based polyurethane). Years later I surfaced a diff. set of floors and this time I decided to try Minwax oil based polyurethane. What a nightmare. Even though I did a thin coat(and only one coat at that), the top portion dried while the bottom did not. Finally, after 6 weeks it seems the bottom portion is dry. However, the floor is still slighty tackey and there is a polyurethane smell that will not go away. At this point I do not know what to do. Their support is rude and they insist I did to thick of coat(even though they have never seen the floor). I know I didn't because I hired a contracter to look at it and he said I didn't do anything wrong and I just got bad luck. I am probably going to have to resurface this floor again. If you go through the trouble of resurfaceing hardwood floors, I would not take the risk of using this product. It has ruined the last 6 weeks of my life and may ruin a few more.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Finish, June 2, 2012
Ken Thompson (North Carolina) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Minwax 13025 VOC Fast Drying Polyurethane For Floor
I hired a floor refinishing company to refinish our floors while we were out of town on a business trip. In a phone call with the supervisor he said he wasn't happy with the way the floor was turning out and thought perhaps there was a problem with the product.

When I got home yesterday I was really disappointed in the poor quality of the finish. Imagine my surprise when I found cans of this product in the garage and looked for problem reports online. Clearly, Minwax has a problem with their VOC Fast Drying Polyurethane For Floors. There is not a single good review about it, and I certainly won't allow it to be used as we try to recover from the damage it has done to our floors.

1.0 out of 5 stars Crestfallen, July 12, 2013
This review is from: Minwax 13025 VOC Fast Drying Polyurethane For Floor
After investing money and time to sand the floor and following the product's directions, I am so disappointed with the results. The past week was very hot with low humidity so it was really a good time to poly the floor. Six days later and there are areas that are still not dry enough to accept furniture without leaving an imprint from the legs. We still cannot wear slippers or ever walk barefeet without leaving a print. This is not the first time we have finished our floor. Do not purchase Minwax products for refinishing your floor. We will have to sand again. Hopefully we won't have to go to bare floor. A rating of one star is actually too much.

Minwax 13025 VOC Fast Drying Polyurethane For Floor