Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Miracle LED 605023 Bug Lite Bulb, Yellow
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

Style Name: Bug Energy Saver Single Pack|Change

on April 7, 2015
So far so good. No complaints about the bulb so far. I have wetlands in behind my house and this bulb is on the back porch so this summer will be a good test for it. Others have asked for the color of the bulb so I am uploading a picture. The color is def. not as yellow as a typical yellow bug bulb.
review image review image
on March 9, 2011
The promise of producing light with so little electricity is tantalizing, but you should not expect this bulb to look exactly the same as a regular 40 or 50 W incandescent bulb. Regular bulbs seem to put out light in almost all directions fairly evenly. This bulb puts out most of its light in the direction in which it is pointed (look at its cone shape). The individual LEDs protrude far enough from the cone to be visible from the sides, but they don't put out a substantial amount of light in those directions. I found that the bulb's suitability depends on the type of fixture you have.

Unfortunately the fixture by my front door had a socket located on the bottom that caused the bulb to shine up into the black top of the fixture. This basically soaked up all the light and did not light the front door area well at all. I knew that if I left it like that, I was going to get complaints from my roommate!

But I was not to be stopped from using this bulb, because I have been on a mission to reduce my electric bill and install in my home as many LED bulbs as possible! So I went to Home Depot and bought a new fixture (for about $40) with the socket on the top that causes the bulb to point down. Now it looks great and puts out quite a bright shaft of light down the wall. It creates a circle of light on the ground, and the brightest part has a diameter of about 3 feet. (The fixture is mounted at a height of about 6 feet.)

It illuminates the keyhole in the door handle quite well, so I'm calling this a success. The only problem is... I'm not sure how long it's going to take me with the savings in my electric bill to recuperate the $40 I spent on the new fixture!!! If I could have found a used fixture, it would have been much better. I made an attempt to find a used one, but did not have time to look anymore.

I think it's tremendous that they have technology like this that allows a light to use so little electricity. I have found that with LED lighting some bulbs are okay, but many are not bright enough. I think they need to use just a little more electricity and make the bulbs a little brighter. Outdoor floods are okay, because the amount of light is not critical. With indoor multiple bulb fixtures I have had to use a combination of LED and incandescent to get enough light.
review image
on January 18, 2010
So far this product is perfect. It uses very little electricty and produces enought light to be useful. Cearly enough light for a porch, garage or entry way. Nice color, so far all LEDs are staying lit. I'll update the review in a year, but so far, this has been a great purchase.

______
UPDATE: It's been about a year and I have purchased many more of these and sell them in our business. One of the best "bug lights" I've ever used. Using a Kill-a-watt, it shows less then 1 watt per bulb.

They are VERY directional, meaning it puts light only where it's pointed, but it's really a lot of light for 1 watt.

On the garage, we pulled out the 150Watt floods (2 fixtures with 2 75Watt lights) and bought an additional socket to put in each one. So we removed 300 watts (2 fixtures on each corner) and replaced it with 6 of these (3 in each fixture). In the driveway, it's just as bright as before, just a different color. Now off to the sides, it's dark, but if you point them right where you want the light, it works. 300 watts of useable light for just 6 watts of energy.

Down side: We bought 12 total. Of the 12, 2 went bad, but the company replaced them no problems. So far the original 10 and 2 new ones have hung in there just fine.

In the first year alone, we've saved $106 worth of electricty so we'll break even sometime this year. After that, it's free light. :)

Amazon shows them as unavailable, but you can get them at [...]
on June 10, 2015
This bulb is much bigger than a standard 100 watt incandescent bulb and would not fit into my outdoor fixture. It is over 2-3/4" in diameter and about an inch or so longer. to use it, I had to buy a new fixture, thus making an expensive bulb even more so. On the positive side, it puts out a nice light.
review image
on November 11, 2015
 The manufacturer's claim that the Miracle LED 604734 7 Watt Super Bug Light "Keep Bugs Away" was not true for us.

As you can see in the video, the bulbs attract vast numbers of tiny leaf hoppers that play and die under the light, and there's a big pile of dead bugs to clean up each morning.
on March 17, 2013
I'm not sure what kind of insects some of the other reviewers have, however here in Southern Utah the bugs love these bulbs (which are not really yellow). There were hundreds of bugs of every kind swarming all over these lights on the first night and it's not even Spring yet, and the spiders were right there with them having a feast. Oh and by the way, one of the five bulbs was smashed as received. Don't believe anyone that tells you that LED's don't attract bugs. Stick with tried and true DARK yellow bulbs.
on November 13, 2009
After trying many timer switches for my porch light which did not work for various reasons, I decided to try a low watt led bulb and just leave it on. I've only had this bulb installed for a couple of days, but the amount of light is just right for seeing everything and getting through my front door. I don't know that it's equivalent to a 50 watt incandescent, but it's close enough. I plan to leave it on, and if it works for 3 years as promised, it will be a great buy. And by then, I'm sure the technology will be even better. My only reservation is: is it really using only 2 watts?? If so, then leaving it on all day still uses much less energy than the 14 watt cfl I tried to use from dusk to dawn. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the fancy digital timer switches use just as much energy as this light bulb.
on May 15, 2015
I live in the country and I rarely ever left the porch light on because of all the night flyers it would attract. I was really caught in a state of awe when I flipped on this light for the first time and no bugs showed, not a single moth or nothing. I always though that bugs were attracted to light but it's actually heat that they are attracted to. This light gives off almost no heat and the critters are not interested. It is a lot brighter than expected
on February 13, 2013
Pass on these, better LED technology is around the corner. These are overpriced and under performing to say the least. Having lived in central Florida(bug hell) i know all about light spectrums and bug lights. I almost think people think these work,because they think they are yellow. I believe they might deter bugs,because there is almost no appreciable light output for ANY carbon based lifeform to see let alone bugs at any spectrum. Sorry to be so hard on these,but had they been serviceable in any capacity I would give them a better rating. My advice...Wait for LED bug lightbulbs that have better light output for the money.
33 comments|28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 7, 2013
One of the five bulbs I ordered is no longer working. Lasted less than 3 months. Supposed to last for years.