5.0 out of 5 stars Miracle Blade III Knife set is excellent
Published on March 4, 2012 by R. V. Russo

3.0 out of 5 stars Sharp, but corrodes!
Published on September 27, 2007 by Matthew Scarborough

3.0 out of 5 stars Sharp, but corrodes!, September 27, 2007
The Miracle Blade 3 Perfection Series knives are very sharp!!!! I strongly recommend that if you purchase these knives, you buy a knife block to go with this. If not, keep the cardboard slide-ons that come with the knives so you don't accidently cut yourself. I have owned these knives for three years, and they're still sharp (just like they were out of the box); the different variety of knives help with a wide variety of foods (i.e. The Slicer for bread, the paring knife to peel oranges, et. cetera). The only problem I have with them, is a little corrosion at the end of the blade near the handle (mostly involving the steak knives, not so much with the Rock N' Chop!), nothing major that would lead me to throw the knife away- I hand wash these knives and dry them quickly; I would not recommend putting them in the dishwasher. Overall, for $40, it's not too bad of an investment for a 11-piece set of knives. I give them a 7/10.

5.0 out of 5 stars Miracle Blade III Knife set is excellent, March 4, 2012
This review is from: Miracle Blade III Perfection Series 11-Piece Cutlery Set (Kitchen)
Before purchasing these knives I carefully read many of the reviews posted on Amazon. After using them for one month, I am convinced that they are very sharp, work very well and are a tremendous value for the money. I do have a couple of comments on the Amazon postings versus the actual product. The blades are not German steel, as listed, but rather manufactured in China (not a big surprise) as clearly stamped on each blade. The knives are not "dishwasher safe," since the use and care manual provided with the product recommends hand washing, and specifically says that use of a dishwasher will make the knife ID labels fall off. Many of the prior reviews posted on Amazon also mentioned that the blades rusted when placed in a dishwasher.

Specifically as to the individual knife function, the four steak knives are absolutely the best steak knives I have ever used for not just steak, but any meat. They are also good for small fruits and vegetables,such as squash, onions or tomatoes.

The boning knife does a great job on filleting fish or cutting up any meats. I recently used it to easily and quickly dice up boneless chicken breasts.

The Amazon listing lists both a "all purpose slicer" and 1 Miracle Blade slicer, both of which as received appear to be absolutely identical. The slicers do a great job on big roasts, and easily cut through soft bone, cartilage and are ideal for cutting between ribs on spare ribs, breast of veal or prime rib roasts. They do not work as well as bread knives, since the teeth are too small.

The curved Rock 'n Chop works very well just like a chefs knife, and the straight edge Chop 'n Scoop is great for chopping hard raw veggies. I recently used it to prepare a scratch Italian Ministrone soup, cutting, chopping and scooping onions, celery, potatoes and carrots easily. The blade is a good size to easily scoop the chopped veggies into the pot. Only the Chop 'n Scoop and the paring knive have straight edge blades, and they are both very sharp. The paring knife reminds me of a surgical scapel, and of course does a great job peeling fruit. The paring knive has a smaller and thinner handle that any of the other knives and feels a little insubstantial or flimsy to me.

The poultry shears are useful for -guess what - cutting up whole chickens. I also used them effectively for cutting up cherry peppers. The plastic handles are molded around the blades and there are 2-3 spots where too much plastic seeped onto the blade. This is called "flash" in the jargon of plastic fabricators.

After one month of daily use they have become my favorite knives, and as yet show no sign of wear. I am particular about my blades, and do indeed always wash all my knives by hand. For 20 bucks, these Miracle Blade III knives cannot be beat!

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap? Yes. Worth $20? Totes., January 3, 2012
A. Rea "filmguy" (New York, NY, USA) - See all my reviews
Length:: 0:51 Mins

Ever seen Chef Tony slice effortlessly through a pineapple with the Miracle Blade? Now see a hipster do it in slow motion with a shallow depth of field! The first attempt was ill-aimed, but still demonstrates the (initial) sharpness of the blade. The second attempt slices that fruity bastard clean in half.

While this video contains no review, I can tell you this: these blades are quick to dull, rust at the sight of water, and by being mostly serrated, are fatally flawed. But they're hella sharp to start with, and at only $20, they're a great kitchen knife for you and your roommates to ruin. If they dull them out, run them repeatedly through the dishwasher, or breaking them trying to cut their shoes in half, hell, a replacement set is only two Hamiltons. And until their inevitable ruin, they're sharp enough to neatly bisect all the fruit in your house with a flick of your wrist. How can you complain?

4.0 out of 5 stars They Last Forever, April 7, 2011
I bought the early version of these knives with the block in 2003. I like to cook. A lot. I am not easy on these knives. I was on a budget and decided to give these a shot. They're obviously not top quality and some of the knives are a bit off-balance, but they last. They're so cheap, I've used them to open packages and as tools, thinking that they've done me well this long, why not push them harder. I have been washing them in the dishwasher all these years, and guess what? They lost their logo. That's it. They're still sharp (the ones I can't sharpen) and still functional. My problem is, for the past 5 years, I've wanted to upgrade. I have nicer (much more expensive) knives that I have bought over the years, but I've been dying to upgrade and looking for a reason to do it. But I have a hard time doing that when these knives just won't die. The steak knives have gotten heavy (daily) usage over the years. I'll keep them when I upgrade, as they are still solid, sharp and the steel does not bend. The shears will continue on in my kitchen as well. They sharpen easily and have survived serious abuse.

I am not crazy about the filet knife because I find the blade unpredictable (a little TOO soft), but my husband loves to use it for everything but...

The bread knives have been very useful and have also stayed fairly sharp. But I've also used those for sawing wrapping paper rolls for crafts. If it weren't for cardboard use they'd probably be super-sharp.

The paring knife lost it's edge a bit and is difficult to maintain, but still peels hard fruit and pries things open without breaking.

The chop and scoop is actually quite useful for many things except harder things like semi-frozen meats. My husband's favorite, but a bit flimsy for me (not a complaint - the chop and scoop wasn't meant to work as hard as I tried to make it work) I usually just use a chef's knife for that job anyway. It's a matter of personal preference. If you do use it for harder work, bear in mind it can and will slip and/or buckle a bit because it lacks heaviness. So use it for things up to the density of onions, celery & garlic, possibly carrots, but nothing more substantial without getting used to it first.

If you want a set of cheap super-knives that I have not yet found kryptonite for, this is the set for you. Bear in mind you aren't getting the best balance, weight, steel, & build - you are getting knives that I have not beaten. I have literally tried to destroy them. Go ahead & try, and then please comment on my post to let me know how it works out for you. They are a great value.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sharp Cutter, February 9, 2007
We've all at one point seen different items all on those as seen on T.V. infomercials. Sadly, there are most products that don't deliver as much as they had all claimed to be. For the Miracle Blade Company, an all those knives they hand out, they absolutely deliver in staying sharp, and and cut as sharp on anything. The slicer, which is mostly used for carving roasts, ham and turkey and cutting up bread, really thrives and delivers on the promise of simple and easy cutting. The other knives and cutlery, are simple to use, and are easy for cooking and everyday uses. I love using these because they really are worth the money. If you a knife set that absolutely works, I really recommend the Miracle Blade III.

Price: B+

Convience: A-

Quality: B+

Overall: B+

1.0 out of 5 stars Company does not honor warranty, May 9, 2012
After three months of using the set, the scissors broke. The handle literally broke off. The large cut and scoop blade has a ding in it that interferes with cutting. I contacted the company and their solution was for me to purchase both of these items new. No thank you! Buyer beware! Go with a more reputable company.Miracle Blade III 91M3RBXST2 Perfection Series 11-Piece Cutlery Set

3.0 out of 5 stars Sharp but Weak, April 9, 2011
Laurel (Ontario, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I'm the husband- the recipient of the knives. They are certainly sharp. Our favorite knives are the steak knives and the rock n chop. My overall impression is they are cheap knives marketed to be better than they are (isn't that how all these seen on TV items work?). They are all super light weight, and for the exception of the rock n chop knife, the blades are all very flimsy. I have an old set of sysco cook's knives with the caterer's knife wrap, and although they don't hold a sharp edge very long anymore, they ARE weighted in just the right ways. Another gripe I have with the Miracle Blade knives is they don't appear to be fully tanged (probably the cause of the weight issue)- a fully tanged blade is one that extends through the handle, so the weight is balanced and the blade is stronger. I mentioned my favorite blades are the steak knives and the rock n chop. The steak knives are just about right for what they are. I would still like them to be a little weightier, but in general the blades are the right thickness and length, and they do a great job getting through cooked meat.

1.0 out of 5 stars trash, August 23, 2013
Remember the price of something is only great if it's a good product. Was excited when they arrived, I cleaned them right away, dried them and besides the small steak knives I used them right away just to get the hang of them.Used them on various fruits, vegetables and meats and they did good, especially considering the price. As with everything that I use, I cleaned them. The next morning I took out the chopped to use and noticed a kind of rusty look on the blade. About the size of a humble bee wing. Small but I saw that there were other spots . On it as well. I checked the others. THe filet had them as well and the rocking chopper.
I checked my other utensils and they were all fine.
This was not due to me..
I knowhow to clean and dry stuff.
Threw them away, couldn't get the company to respond.
I basically threw the money away

3.0 out of 5 stars Service is terrible, July 24, 2007
Nili (Bluffton SC) - See all my reviews
The block itself was broken when my friend got it (yes...it was a gift which is what makes it worse) and they had such a hard time trying to return it. The company's service is terrible. They make you send a request in writting then they email you a code that you have to put on the box and you then have to mail it back within five days of the email that they send. They don not cover shipping so really you end up paying a whole lot more for a block that you should have gotten "as a whole" in the first place. When you buy this as a gift for someone...it really is terrible that they have such a hard time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Broken scissors .... broken hearted :(, November 24, 2014
We purchased these knives a month ago and got the block with the extra 4 steak knives as well ... they are very sharp ... had to change the way I wash and dry them without cutting myself. Very pleased with the set, however, the scissors broke for no apparent reason. I was cutting a tag off a pair of shoes and put them on the counter and the handle snapped right off. Don't know if the scissors are warrantied or not but I really used them a lot as they were handy in the block and were also very sharp.

Miracle Blade III Perfection Series 11-Piece Cutlery Set