Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now DOTD

Color: Garden PinkChange

on July 23, 2006
We received the miracle blanket as a gift when our daughter was 4 weeks old. After trying the swaddle me to keep her asleep for longer periods and having no success, we were delighted that the miracle blanket worked so well. Within 10 days, she was sleeping through the night! I strongly recommend this product.
0Comment100 of 108 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon February 3, 2007
I must admit that in the past I haven't had the best luck with products containing "miracle" in their name. However, this blanket is the shining exception!

Our son was a very big boy -- 10 lb, 6 oz of joy. We had read Harvey Karp's "The Happiest Baby on the Block" (highly recommended) and we knew we wanted to swaddle him. We had planned to use a receiving blanket, but we quickly found out that none of them were remotely big enough. Not even close. We spent a ton of money buying bigger blankets, and we tried two other expensive swaddling blankets as well. Nothing worked, nothing held the baby, and all three of us were desperate to get some sleep. We even bought a cheap sheet set and tore it up to get some bigger patches of cloth. No dice.

Finally, I ordered this blanket online (Amazon didn't carry it at the time, alas.) BINGO -- our son slept through the night at once! Yes! We had to wake him from a sound, swaddled sleep to change and feed him; he went back down like a rock as soon as we re-swaddled him. He loved this blanket. When he saw us coming with it, he'd try to lie quietly with his arms in his sides in anticipation of the (very simple) process of swaddling him up. And I loved the fact that this blanket was so soft and comforting and had no snaps or any other fasteners that could rub him.

I should mention that the two new parents I gave this to as a shower gift were pathetically grateful, and couldn't stop gushing. I understand; for a new parent, anything that grants you sleep is your favorite thing in the world.

A note to parents considering this blanket: Be prepared for some of your friends (especially the childless ones) to recoil in horror at the thought of swaddling. "You're tying your baby up?" "What if he suffocates?" "But he won't be able to move! It's cruel!", etc., etc. These people probably mean well, but their comments are very ignorant. The fact is, your baby has just spent months in the most confined space imaginable -- a womb where he could barely budge at all. And new parents will immediately notice that newborn babies have virtually no control over their newly freed arms -- they'll startle themselves from sleep time and again, then start flailing their hands around and scratching their faces raw. Newborns don't have the neurological control to stop themselves from flailing, so they love it when you return them to the safe, warm, familiar confinement they remember from the womb.

Another comment you'll hear from some people is, "How do you know when the baby doesn't need to be swaddled any more?" Easy. They start to wriggle out of the swaddling. They may not be able to talk, but they'll let you know clearly when they're ready to move on.
0Comment38 of 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 7, 2011
We had used regular receiving blankets, SwaddleMe with velcro, and Woombies... the Woombie wasn't a true swaddle, but we like the product as a transition product and use it. However, for true sleep we NEED our son swaddled. We had read "The Happiest Baby on the Block" and watched the DVD, and had seen a real difference in getting our son to sleep swaddled, but he is a strong boy and kept busting out of regular blankets and the velcro blankets - or he would move his hands until the top part of the velcro blankets were up around his neck and face! So not safe! We spent the money to buy the Miracle Blanket and have used it for 2 nights and naps - it is great! He never comes out of it! The only frustration is the foot pocket, like other folks have said - sometimes he kicks out of it, but if I do it right and cover the foot pocket with both blanket flaps, it stays pretty well. It hasn't been a "Miracle that caused our baby to sleep frequently and long hours" that it was for some, but it definitely is the BEST swaddler we've seen since our 9 week old was born! It keeps his arms in the right position and doesn't come undone! I found changing a diaper wasn't bad, I just slipped his feet out of the foot pocket and pushed the blanket up a little and didn't have to unswaddle! It is light and I love that the material isn't too thick so he doesn't get too hot. LOVE this blanket and will use it with all our future babies!
review image
0Comment40 of 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 7, 2008
I had lots of experience swaddling...the way Dr. Harvey Karp teaches you. And I HIGHLY recommend the practice. But when I used to swaddle with a regular (SwaddleMe and other) blanket, I would hear a muffled "mmmfff" sound in the middle of the night, and wake up horrified that my newborn had worked the blanket up over his head! I'm a pro swaddler - it was tight as an army-made bed, but Sam was a strong little cookie! I was worried he was going to suffocate, but didn't want to abandon swaddling altogether, since it helped him fall asleep so well.

The Miracle Blanket (MB) was a GREAT solution for us, and I used it until Sam was five months old, and quite strong. He never worked the blanket up around his head, and he slept soundly through the night when swaddled with the MB. At five months, I 'weaned him off' swaddling by wrapping only one arm, leaving the other arm free, and leading his thumb to his mouth - this worked great, even though he hadn't sucked his thumb before. Within a few weeks, we finished our swaddling days, and I only had to put the blanket in his hand, and he would automatically suck his thumb and fall asleep.

Now, at 12 months old, Sam is still a great sleeper. All I do is hand him a blanket, and he puts his thumb in his mouth and falls asleep. In the absence of a blanket, he never sucks his thumb, so I just make sure to leave the blankie in his bed. :) I'm so thankful that I got an MB, as it relieved my worrying and helped Sam get a peaceful night's sleep. I plan to buy more and use them exclusively with future babies.

P.S. It's a highly controversial book, but I'll go ahead and recommend On Becoming Babywise: Giving Your Infant The Gift of Nighttime Sleep. We had GREAT success with it - Sam slept through the night starting at 10 weeks, and he goes right to bed with no fussing, happy to be going to sleep. His naps are regular, and he gets a full 11 hours of sleep each night. Read the recommendations there, though: if you are (or could be) a 'schedule person,' you'll love it.
0Comment45 of 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 2, 2014
Hi Moms! I've been a big booster of the Miracle Blanket, but have recently had a shocking customer service experience that I want to share. One of the (many) MBs I've purchased/given was defective. I contacted head office in the US in November 2012 and they immediately and kindly offered a replacement based on a pic of the problem. Since then, I've been fighting with their local to actually get my hands on it They've been inexplicably dragging their feet on sending me the replacement, saying it was sent when it wasn't (twice), ignoring followups, asking me to come to their office far, far away with 2 kids under 2 to pick it up, etc. The postman finally delivered it to me this week, and to add insult to insult, I had to pay the delivery charge. I wrote to the local rep expressing my surprise and received this:
"You get a free replacement and then you crib about paying [the delivery charge]. When we say very clearly that we will replace anything as long as the defective piece is returned , which you did not bother to do. And still this approach. Truly ungrateful if you ask me."
Now, MB didn't ask me to return the defective MB until 2014, and I of course had trashed it in 2012 when they agreed to replace it originally based on a photo I sent them. I explained to the rep that the replacement was not "free" as I'd paid for the defective original, and received this missive: "It becomes a FREE replacement if the defective piece is NOT RETURNED. I feel even if we would have done and exceptionally good Job, you would still have something to complain about. For your information we have a good reputation and many many good, satisfied clients ..."
One less satisfied client now. I judge a company as much on its troubleshooting and recovery as its original product. Decent product, but God help you if you have a problem with it!
11 comment89 of 114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon February 9, 2007

Finally, I ordered this blanket online (Amazon didn't carry it at the time, alas.) BINGO -- our son slept through the night at once! Yes! We had to wake him from a sound, swaddled sleep to change and feed him; he went back down like a rock as soon as we re-swaddled him. He loved this blanket. When he saw us coming with it, he'd try to lie quietly with his arms at his sides in anticipation of the (very simple) process of swaddling him up. And I loved the fact that this blanket was so soft and comforting and had no snaps or any other fasteners that could rub him.

0Comment69 of 89 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 9, 2008
When my wife returned home from her shower in a u-haul I was a bit overwhelmed. I love my child but not all the gear that he came with. I find myself asking my questions like, "Why do we need two strollers if we never leave the house."
I don't mean to sound ungrateful but it was a bit much. Anyway, at the back of the truck was this small nondescript blanket. We tried it for the first time when our son was a few weeks old and he has not slept in anything else. He is coming up on 6 months.
I love this blanket almost as much as my son and I am dreading the day when we grows out of it. (we use it now just to swaddle his arms since he is too tall for it)
I buy this for everyone I know that is expecting. It is amazing and on my list of 5 things parents must have. Car seat, diapers, camera and a blanket to lie on are the others, the rest of the stuff can stay in the u-haul.
0Comment26 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 27, 2011
My baby loved to sleep swaddled, either in receiving blankets or "Swaddle Me" blankets. As he began to outgrow these first two options, we decided to try the Miracle Blanket and ordered one from Amazon. We were particularly confident in trying it because of the miracle blanket company's "100% Satisfaction Guarantee".

Although we have heard that most babies adore the Miracle Blanket, our child hated it and after several attempts we followed Miracle Blanket's written directions for returns (found on their website) precisely and sent the blanket back expecting a refund. I even spoke with one of their representatives over the phone before sending it. This was over 4 months ago, and we have yet to receive our refund via PayPal.

I am now incredibly skeptical of the company's "guarantee"! Consider yourself warned...
0Comment34 of 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon February 3, 2007

0Comment90 of 118 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 20, 2015
During normal waking hours on a good day, I would probably give this blanket two or three stars. But in the middle of the night when I'm getting up for the 5th time in an hour because my newborn has kicked his legs out again, I curse this blanket and wish I could give -10 stars.

We started using this blanket when we got home from the hospital and at first, it worked well. But after my my son emerged from the "dead to the world" state of newborn sleep, we realized this blanket was a very overpriced waste of money that it was actually interrupting his sleep and ours more often than not. We followed the instructions to a T and even improvised a few times, but no matter how we did it he would kick his legs out of the flap and wake himself up. I would go reswaddle him and he would immediately fall back to sleep, only to wake himself up again 30 minutes later when he kicked his legs out.

When he was 3 weeks old, we finally gave up and switched to the Halo Sleep Sack Swaddle. It is actually a 3-6 month size, which is why we didn't start using it sooner, but even being too large it still works way better and was half the price. He's now 8 weeks old and he takes four 2-3 hours each day and only wakes up once in the night to eat (and sometimes even sleeps through that). The other night, after a poo-splosion in the Halo swaddle, I gave the Miracle Blanket another chance. I'm still trying to recover from that sleepless night, which is what prompts me to write this review. So save your money and frustration and go for the Halo Sleep Sack Swaddle.