This plant food will help your plants grow and get lots of green. However, if you are looking for blooms, once your plants get more mature, you will do better to cut the nitrogen and get more phosphorus.

Miracle Gro Bloom Booster is the right formulation to feed already grown plants to get them to bloom often and with large blooms.

I use both foods, but at different times of the year.

The labels of each will give you the ratio of nitrogen, phosphorus, and potash.
on September 19, 2014
Miracle Gro is owned by Scots, and since 1868 they have been selling gardening materials,
with their current sales at nearly $3 Billion per year. Their flagship product is "Miracle-Gro"
fertilizer... a bright blue granular compound that is mixed with water (making the water blue),
and applied to plants, trees, shrubs, and lawns. "Miracle-Gro" has become a household word
over the past few decades, and it continues to reign as the almost unchallenged King of Fertilizers.

I have personally mixed up hundreds of 5-gallon buckets of this magical blue potion and poured it
over many kinds of plants and trees, as well as lawns... with spectacular results. It has been my
experience that a quality fertilizer in liquid form (as this becomes when you add water) is an
order of magnitude more effective than sprinkling "slow-release" granular solid fertilizers on
the surface and waiting for the rain to slowly wash them into the soil.

I usually mix Miracle-Grow at about twice the recommended level of dilution, and still it
never burns or harms anything, and the result is quick and impressive levels of growth.

Miracle-Gro is not generally used in large-scale commercial applications, because it
would be extremely cost-prohibitive and impractically time-consuming to use over
several acres of property. For the private home owner however, with a yard of
less than an acre or two; I do not believe there is any other product that is readily
available to the consumer and in large-scale production that will yield results superior
to Miracle-Gro. Even for the condo-dweller looking to boost the health and vitality
of a few potted plants... Miracle-Gro is the way to go.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on May 17, 2010
Fertilizer is confusing. These packets make it simple and so far my plants are growing rapidly. At some point, the ivy will probably be big enough to strangle me when I go to fertilize it. Need to get a gun permit.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 9, 2012
I just bought the same 10 pound box for 17.88 at the local Home Depot.

I've been using the granular Miracle Grow for 30 years or so. It works well. You can expect most plants to show improvement after about 10 days.

COMPARISON TO MIRACLE GROW LIQUID FERTILIZER.
As others have noted regarding the soluble fertilizer feeder (used with the granular fertilizer), the feeder it is erratic. If you don't empty the container and allow it to dry after every use, it can clog up internally and will cease to deliver fertilizer. The Liquid Miracle Grow system has exactly the same problems (in my experience, worse), and is the fertilizer is more expensive.

OTHER CONCERNS
> Sometimes you get a bright blue stream, and a few seconds later, a colorless stream (presumably containing less fertilizer).
> A different situation is when a few minutes of watering, the solution is considerably less blue. What happens is that the blue pigment is more soluble than other components of the fertilizer, but the blue pigment itself is probably not an essential component of the fertilizer. As long as there is at least a teaspoon of undissolved fertilizer in the container, the feeder is still probably delivering full-strength fertilizer solution.

TIPS ON USE:
Fill about half (not more than half) the container with water. Pour in the dry fertilizer---much of it will dissolve instantly as it hits the water, making room for the rest of the bag. Add water as necessary to fill the container. Screw the sprayer onto the container. Shake (and turn upside down) to mix. The first several minutes will be very rich, so use it where you need the most fertilizer. Swirl the container occassionally as you water to encourage the undesolved fertilizer to dissolve. Concentrate on spraying the leaves, not the soil---the soil will get enough dripping from the leaves.

When there gets to be only a teaspoon of undesolved fertilizer in the container, consider it "used up". You can continue to water, but don't assume that you are applying fertilizer. When you are nearly done, turn the container upside down. That will empty the container, including any undesolved fertilizer, so the fertilizer stream can be rich, so spray it where it is needed. Water with the container upside down for 30 seconds or so after the container is empty to rinse out the internal passageways. Ideally, you should take the sprayer off the hose, and open it so that the sprayer and container and dry out fully.

FEEDING SCHEDULE
A good soaking will provide your plants with all the nutrients they need for a 2-week growth spirt. Beware though that the solubility of Miracle Grow is a mixed-blesssing, if you feed your garden in the morning, an afternoon shower can wash all the Miracle Grow away before your plants have a chance to absorb most of the nutrients. So, I suggest using Miracle Grow at least once-a-week in the spring when your plants are growing rapidly. Later in the summer, when growth slows and rain is frequent, reduce the feeding schedule to one every two to four weeks. Toward the Fall, a maintenance feeding once a month may be advisable. Most professional gardeners discourage Fall feeding, on the theory that dormancy should be encouraged to avoid frost damage. Depending on your situation, your feeding schedule might be different. Here in tropical South Florida, the dry season sets-in in the Fall and the plants come out of their Summer torpor, so that's when I step-up my feeding schedule. If your Springs are cool and misty---once every two weeks may be adequate. In the northeastern States, I suspect that weekly feeding all Summer long would be desirable.

FOLIAR FEEDING
Part of the whole point of Miracle Grow is foliar feeding---that plants will absorb nutrients through their leaves faster than via their roots---but the leaves can only absorb a little at a time. So foliar feeding needs to be light and frequent. Light frequent foliar feeding (even daily) is most effective in which it rains frequently during the growing season, washing nutrients out of the upper soil layer. Orchids are best feed sprayed daily with a weak foliar solution.

DIFFERENT SOLUTIONS FOR DIFFERENT PROBLEMS
Despite all the shortcomings of Miracle-grow feeders, they remain the best solution for fertilizing home vegetable or flower gardens. Trees, hedges, and lawns are best feed inexpensive dry granular 10-10-10 fertilizer, well watered in. Orchids and delicate indoor flowers are best sprayed (with a pump-up or squeeze bottle sprayer) with a weak solution (1 teaspoon/gallon) of liquid Miracle Grow. New plants are best started with slow-release fertilizer pellets mixed in with the soil.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 18, 2008
I love my gigantic box of MiracleGro! My order arrived quickly and was exactly what I had ordered. I am very impressed and my plants are fat and happy (sassy too). Thanks!
on August 12, 2009
This turned out to be an excellent form of Miracle Gro. It was so much easier to use than the measuring kind, big boxes or bags of endless crystals that are ruined if you store them outside because eventually moisture or rain gets in etc., you eventually lose the little measuring tool....not so heavy as a big watering can, none gets wasted...

These are great, I just cut one open and pour it into an empty gallon of a water jug and fill with the hose and walk around to my plants. I get to re-use my big water jugs ( I usually fill 3-4 jugs at once-lots of plants) and the packages never get ruined from getting wet, I don't have to measure anymore etc.

You lose a star for the price. It doesn't need to be that much more costly than other MG products. If it is the packaging, there's no reason the inside little bags have to be so fancy looking. Just plain, unprinted plastic on the inside would be fine and would cost me less money. I have to alternate this with regular MG because it costs so much and that's just ridiculous that it should be considered a treat to have easy to use miracle gro.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 30, 2011
I just got this in the mail the other day. We have some butterfly plants that might not have made it because they were in potting soil too long without water and needed to be planted. We planted them, but several days later they are dying because of the heat wave we just had like a month long of 90-100 degree weather. It is cooling down now a little bit and I used a little of this plant food on them both. I also watered and fed a couple other plants looking near their end of the season. I am building a vege/fruit garden so I wanted to get something to help them grow and that's why I got this stuff. Out of all the reviews I have read it seems like it performs miracles. I will do an update on the review to see if it helped the plants bounce back, but I just wanted to say my initial findings of the product. It is basically like nitrogen crystals I think mixed with other stuff plants need. It turns the water aqua colored and it foams quite a bit so you need to let it settle down a little after filling the water bucket. The spoon comes in 2 sizes, outdoor and indoor. It comes in 4 different sealed bags meant to be 4 replacements for the auto hose feeder they have out. I don't have one of those and our hose doesn't reach my garden. Just adding a tablespoon to a bucket of water works well enough for me. I am not sure if you add it before or after you fill the bucket but I added it before. Maybe I will try adding it after and it will just dissolve like an acid tablet. That might actually work better. I will update my findings on that as well when I see if the plants bounce back. But your supposed to feed it every 2 weeks or so to your plants and they should grow quicker and stronger. Hopefully this stuff works. For the price I paid and the benefits that it claims to have and the reviews it had, I am sure I definately got my money's worth on this product. Go get it! Amazon is the cheapest, I checked everywhere else. I suspect it lasting several years, 3-4 years depending on how often you feed them. I am going to feed them every 2 weeks and the bags are pretty small.

UPDATE: I found that this stuff really helps get the flowers and leaves going, but if your using it for fruits and vegetables, stop using it once the fruits have begun to show. I did not know this and now I know why my carrots, celery, and pumpkins were very small and did not grow as I wanted them to last year. I used this every week along with watering once a week. Now I am just going to use some of this to get them starting to grow and then I am going to water twice a week and that should get me some good sized fruits and vegetables. So while this stuff is great for flowers to get them big and strong as well as getting your vegetables and fruits started, stop usage when your fruits and veges have begun showing fruit. Just a word for the wise. I hope I can get good fruits and veges this year now that I know this. Good luck!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 5, 2009
I've used this product for years with excellent results. A little goes a long way. Finding it here on Amazon for a decent price was a joy! (I almost wept real tears!!!)

I've used it for flowers, vegetables, house plants, etc. This year was my first summer trying out those upsidedown hanging tomato planters and with some of this on hand from last summer, figured it couldn't hurt to dump some in with the tomato plants. Well, I had planted grape tomatoes, but with this product going to town inside those hangers, my grape tomatoes were about the size of regular plum tomatoes. Juicy, good pulp, serious quantities, over and over. Out of just 2 plants, I had tomatoes to harvest all summer long.

I have used the Rose product in the past also and that works just as well.

This is a good product and I'll continue using it. Got some for friends for Christmas gifts also who plant gardens each year. I'm anxious to see how their gardens shine when using this product next planting season.
on June 11, 2013
I have read and been following all the reviews of this product so far. So far this product is working wonders on my garden, it is one of the ingredients I am using this year for a strong healthy garden. I am using this product for all my vegetables and flowers. I have 14 different varieties of corn, I have 12 different varieties of carrots, I have 94 tomato plants of different varieties, I have broccoli and I have cabbage, peppers sweat and hot, I have cabbage and herbs, peas and beans, watermelon strawberries and canalope, I have onions and a lot of other things and so far everything is growing big and strong. I am using one package a week it comes with eight packages and I mix it with water and keep it in a water sprayer. Do not dump right on plants and do not let the blue sit on the plants in powder form. us as directed will do just fine. I also used cow manuer in the ground before I planted and I make sure to water every day unless it is raining outside. But I do like this product and I do keep pictures and videos from day to day as to compare the different years to see what works and so far this product is working and doing a great job. I have very healthy plants that are bigger then even I expected.
review image review image review image
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Our home and yard are surrounded by flowers of all types. In the spring, neighbors even have stopped to take photographs of our tulips and other plants. We use Miracle Gro on all of the plants and it does a wonderful job of helping them grow and produce a lot of beautiful blooms.

Miracle grow is recommended for all indoor and outdoor plants and can feed the plants through the leaves or the roots. It makes your plants and shrubs healthier and is safe for plants and will not burn them when used as directed.

We put ours on with a watering can but we have also used the spray feeder. If you love your flowers, be kind to them and use this product. You will be rewarded by their natural beauty with more blooms and a spectacular flowering landscape!