4.0 out of 5 stars Just got it - seed pod heights not labeled
I got it and the seed pods weren't labeled, though the directions say to plant according to height and notes that they are labeled accordingly.

I found this info on their website, so wanted to share in case it's helpful:
Genovese Basil (tall), Chives (med), Mint (med), Savory (tall), Italian Parsley (tall), Oregano (short) and Thyme (short)...
Published on November 9, 2011 by rachel325

I have had my Lady Bug AeroGarden for almost a year, and it has been running the entire time.
Herbs grew pretty well in it, I noticed the root systems didn't seem very strong, and the plants themselves were easily "bumped" out of the pod. After growing herbs in the system a few months, it was beneficially to transplant the plants to regular pots.
I purchased the...
Published on February 9, 2011 by K. Sulzer

4.0 out of 5 stars Just got it - seed pod heights not labeled, November 9, 2011

I found this info on their website, so wanted to share in case it's helpful:
(Designations in parenthesis refer to plant's height in garden).

5.0 out of 5 stars aerogarden italian herb kit, February 20, 2012
The kit was delivered quickly and was growing within a week. Two of the pods did not germinate. I sent aerogarden an email and had an automatic email response immediately. A customer service rep emailed the next day with shipping info for my replacement pods with no charge even for the shipping. The new pods germinated and I am now enjoying fresh herbs. I highly recommend the Italian herb kit and the aerogarden company.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Results!, April 16, 2011
I'm currently using a cherry tomato kit for 3 pod, that only came with 1 seed pod, but it's going great! There's a really important trick that I discovered! They say in the directions that multiple seedlings will germinate, but we should cut off all but 1 sprout. I, however, decided to plant the rest of the seedlings into separate pots, and I now have a total of 4 individual tomato plants! I do recommend that you only leave one tomato plant in the aerogarden because it will grow extremely large. For a while, I tried leaving two seed pods in the same pot, but they simply grew too large and I eventually had to remove it. What's even greater is that we can grow more by taking off the suckers (look it up) that grow in between the stems and planting these. They are essentially clones of the "mother" plant and will completely form a new tomato plant when placed in soil and well watered for several days! It's like a never-ending cycle of tomatos!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Flowers do not grow well, Herbs needed transplanted after a couple months, February 9, 2011
I purchased the Mountain Meadows Seed pod kit, and received it on January 4th. I set them up in the Aerogarden immediately.
My pod of Gypsophila did not sprout after 2 1/2 weeks, I did call and got a replacement pod, but I put a different flower pod in the Aerogarden
so something could start growing. The Brachycome pod I started on January 4th sent out one tiny sad seedling, which died. Out of the 4 pods I have tried, I now have Calendula which is growing nicely, and Twinkle Phlox which is just now showing signs of sprouting.

I have been very disappointed with these seed pods to this point.
Hopefully my feedback is useful to your company.

2.0 out of 5 stars UPDATE: Catnip / Gourmet Herb kits, December 30, 2013
k (BRISTOL, PA, United States) - See all my reviews
Lessons learned: Thoroughly inspect all pods in seed kits for quality (even if you don't use them right away) because the quality of pods within one shipment will vary. For example, in the catnip kit 1 plastic pod was so stretched out / malformed that it would not hold the 'soil' (I didn't realized this until I went to install the 2nd round of pods). Out of the 7 pods in the kit, only one pod has sprouted and grew. Also, if you're growing dill, grow ONLY dill.

****UPDATES****

That one catnip pod is growing like a weed now. If any other pods had sprouted, they would most likely kill each other for space.

I'd also like to add a comment on the Gourmet herb kit that ships with the 7-pod AG: While these herbs seem to be initially responsive as far as grow times, they may not be the best plants to grow together. After 2.5 months, I have 4 living herbs.

- The basil seems to be growing fabulously and is delicious.
- The growth on the garlic chives is underwhelming and I'm afraid to trim because I don't want to kill it. Parsley takes a LONG time to get started.
- Parsley takes a LONG time to come in and it's top heavy (but not as leafy as basil!) so you must prune with caution.
- The dill does not play well with any other herb and it really should be on its own. I constantly have to prune (sometimes twice a day!) because it pushed its way over to other herbs. I honestly believe that 2 of the herbs in my 7-pod died because the dill forced its way over the other pods when everything was still sprouting.

4.0 out of 5 stars This grew ok for me, June 5, 2013
This kit grew ok for me, but oddly mine showed up missing the cellophane wrapper I am used to seeing on Aeorogarden kits.

I WILL say that before I started this kit, I changed grow lights, filter, and air stone in my Aerogarden, and the pruned the plants pretty aggressively after they sprouted to keep them fitting in my Aerogarden 7. I was getting a decent amount of veggies until we went out of town for a few days, and I neglected to set up a babysitter for my Aerogarden. Special note, once this crop of plants gets large, you will be adding water VERY regularly (either every day, or every other day), so you can't really leave your Aerogarden untended. (This is MY fault, not the kit's fault, understand, I have had the same thing happen even when my herbs got large, I just think maybe not everyone gets that.)

I removed one star for the missing wrapper, but other than that I was happy with this kit.

3.0 out of 5 stars So, So, September 25, 2011
I only had 2 pods develop. One would sprout, but then die. AeroGarden did ship another seed pod, but it did the exact same thing. Not sure the problem, but I wouldn't purchase again

1.0 out of 5 stars A dud, May 28, 2012
Not only was the product expensive, compared to buying already sprouted vinca plants at the local home store, but only two out of seven pods sprouted. It would have been somewhat worth the money just to have them grow under the lights, but they were spindly and growing in one long shoot, rather than branching out. I've finally transplanted them outside, but the experience was pretty disappointing. Much worse than my rather good experience growing herbs with the Aerogarden.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good results though not exactly bountiful, February 20, 2011
Stephen Rivers (Spartanburg, SC United States) - See all my reviews
Will this kit grow enough cherry tomatoes that you no longer need to buy them at the grocery ever again? No. But we did grow enough to enjoy with an occasional salad, and I was able to teach my 9-year-old about growing vegetables, including the importance of pollination. Since she loves cherry tomatoes, I strongly suspect that she was responsible for the disappearance of several promising specimens before they had a chance to fully ripen. If you are looking for high productivity, then you will want to try the salad greens or herbs. Overall we were very pleased with the performance of this kit and would recommend it. One more piece of advice- change your light bulbs every 6 months, it really makes a big difference.

5.0 out of 5 stars Aerogarden Mega Cherry Tomatoes are Way Beyond Expectations, July 18, 2013
This is my first customer review of a product. I purchased two Aerogardens from the manufacturer in Dec and planted the Mega tomatoes and Cascading Petunias in early January. I started getting tomatoes in March and since then have picked 120+ tomatoes. There is presently 30 more on the two plants and at least 10 more blossoms. I picked four today.

I am really amazed as these plants that have been growing for seven months and still continue to produce. The flavor is fabulous and I've been growing tomatoes for 50 years. I live in Alaska and we can't really grow tomatoes outside unless you have a greenhouse. These are some of the best for flavor and my 83 year old father who has been a gardener all his life agrees.

The Cascading Petunias lasted until today as they were getting pretty spindly, but after giving us almost five months of color in our kitchen, I couldn't be happier. The color is so much appreciated in our long Alaskan darkness.

With regard to the other comments, some negative, growers need to follow the instructions for pruning and picking. It takes awhile and goes against what outside gardeners do, but the instructions work. Review the comprehensive info and videos at the aerogarden website.

I am in no way associated with Aerogarden, but believe in the product although their prices are extraordinarily high. I am so glad that Amazon is carrying more of their products and giving we Alaskans free super saving shipping.