4.0 out of 5 stars Just got it - seed pod heights not labeled
I got it and the seed pods weren't labeled, though the directions say to plant according to height and notes that they are labeled accordingly.

I found this info on their website, so wanted to share in case it's helpful:
Genovese Basil (tall), Chives (med), Mint (med), Savory (tall), Italian Parsley (tall), Oregano (short) and Thyme (short)...
Published on November 9, 2011 by rachel325

I have had my Lady Bug AeroGarden for almost a year, and it has been running the entire time.
Herbs grew pretty well in it, I noticed the root systems didn't seem very strong, and the plants themselves were easily "bumped" out of the pod. After growing herbs in the system a few months, it was beneficially to transplant the plants to regular pots.
I purchased the...
Published on February 9, 2011 by K. Sulzer

4.0 out of 5 stars Just got it - seed pod heights not labeled, November 9, 2011

I found this info on their website, so wanted to share in case it's helpful:
(Designations in parenthesis refer to plant's height in garden).

5.0 out of 5 stars aerogarden italian herb kit, February 20, 2012
The kit was delivered quickly and was growing within a week. Two of the pods did not germinate. I sent aerogarden an email and had an automatic email response immediately. A customer service rep emailed the next day with shipping info for my replacement pods with no charge even for the shipping. The new pods germinated and I am now enjoying fresh herbs. I highly recommend the Italian herb kit and the aerogarden company.

3.0 out of 5 stars Flowers do not grow well, Herbs needed transplanted after a couple months, February 9, 2011
I purchased the Mountain Meadows Seed pod kit, and received it on January 4th. I set them up in the Aerogarden immediately.
My pod of Gypsophila did not sprout after 2 1/2 weeks, I did call and got a replacement pod, but I put a different flower pod in the Aerogarden
so something could start growing. The Brachycome pod I started on January 4th sent out one tiny sad seedling, which died. Out of the 4 pods I have tried, I now have Calendula which is growing nicely, and Twinkle Phlox which is just now showing signs of sprouting.

I have been very disappointed with these seed pods to this point.
Hopefully my feedback is useful to your company.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Results!, April 16, 2011
I'm currently using a cherry tomato kit for 3 pod, that only came with 1 seed pod, but it's going great! There's a really important trick that I discovered! They say in the directions that multiple seedlings will germinate, but we should cut off all but 1 sprout. I, however, decided to plant the rest of the seedlings into separate pots, and I now have a total of 4 individual tomato plants! I do recommend that you only leave one tomato plant in the aerogarden because it will grow extremely large. For a while, I tried leaving two seed pods in the same pot, but they simply grew too large and I eventually had to remove it. What's even greater is that we can grow more by taking off the suckers (look it up) that grow in between the stems and planting these. They are essentially clones of the "mother" plant and will completely form a new tomato plant when placed in soil and well watered for several days! It's like a never-ending cycle of tomatos!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good results though not exactly bountiful, February 20, 2011
Stephen Rivers (Spartanburg, SC United States) - See all my reviews
Will this kit grow enough cherry tomatoes that you no longer need to buy them at the grocery ever again? No. But we did grow enough to enjoy with an occasional salad, and I was able to teach my 9-year-old about growing vegetables, including the importance of pollination. Since she loves cherry tomatoes, I strongly suspect that she was responsible for the disappearance of several promising specimens before they had a chance to fully ripen. If you are looking for high productivity, then you will want to try the salad greens or herbs. Overall we were very pleased with the performance of this kit and would recommend it. One more piece of advice- change your light bulbs every 6 months, it really makes a big difference.

3.0 out of 5 stars So, So, September 25, 2011
I only had 2 pods develop. One would sprout, but then die. AeroGarden did ship another seed pod, but it did the exact same thing. Not sure the problem, but I wouldn't purchase again

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the most reliable seed kit., January 6, 2011
Michael (Brooklyn, NY, United States) - See all my reviews
I've tried the cherry tomato, salad greens, various herbs, and even my own seeds; and this is by far the most reliable seed kit they sell. It's "universal" in that it comes with 7 pods, so if you have a fewer-pod garden, I guess you can throw those in the fridge. This also contains the newer liquid nutrients, as opposed to the desiccant-style solid nutrients of earlier kits. My only complaint is that one of the leaves clearly dominates the others. I think it is just the generic "red leaf" lettuce. It basically takes over the entire garden towards the end of the growing period, even if you regularly prune it.

4.0 out of 5 stars lots of winter colour, February 24, 2013
Karen (Vancouver, Canada) - See all my reviews
I planted this in September and the darn thing is still blooming in February, though it did take awhile to get flowers at the start You have to be relentless in pruning; otherwise the plants will ramble all over the place. I think that is one of the reasons it took awhile to flower originally because it was producing all that greenery without pruning (I learned my lesson). Whenever it starts getting leggy, I prune. Lovely pink and purple flowers.

2.0 out of 5 stars Aerpgarden flower pods, November 9, 2012
This is my second (first thru Amazon) AeroGarden flower seed kit and both have disappointed me. The previous was a lavender kit that did not germinate even though AeroGarden sent a replacement. This Mountain Meadow seed kit is again not germinating even though I have followed the directions to the letter. Previous herb seed kits purchased grew without exception. Guess I'll have to go back to basil, etc. and give up on flowers.

4.0 out of 5 stars This grew ok for me, June 5, 2013
This review is from: Miracle-Gro AeroGarden Salsa Garden Seed Pod Kit (7-Pod) (Lawn & Patio)
This kit grew ok for me, but oddly mine showed up missing the cellophane wrapper I am used to seeing on Aeorogarden kits.

I WILL say that before I started this kit, I changed grow lights, filter, and air stone in my Aerogarden, and the pruned the plants pretty aggressively after they sprouted to keep them fitting in my Aerogarden 7. I was getting a decent amount of veggies until we went out of town for a few days, and I neglected to set up a babysitter for my Aerogarden. Special note, once this crop of plants gets large, you will be adding water VERY regularly (either every day, or every other day), so you can't really leave your Aerogarden untended. (This is MY fault, not the kit's fault, understand, I have had the same thing happen even when my herbs got large, I just think maybe not everyone gets that.)

I removed one star for the missing wrapper, but other than that I was happy with this kit.

Rate and Discover Movies