Tasty Pasta, No Calories
For those watching their weight, adhering to a low-carb diet, or simply trying to prepare a healthy meal, pasta is traditionally a sore subject. Miracle Noodle offers a no-carb, calorie-free alternative to wheat noodles to satisfy those cravings for your favorite pasta dishes. Made with no gluten or soy, these noodles are composed primarily of soluble fiber, which helps you stay fuller longer and can aid in weight loss.
The Miracle Noodle Story
On a trip to Japan in 2006, Jonathan Carp ate lunch at a Buddhist restaurant run by monks outside of Kyoto. During his meal, he was served konnyaku in various forms, a health food with high fiber and almost no calories. When he was introduced to shirataki, the noodle form of konnyaku, Jonathan had an idea: to bring these healthful noodles to anyone wanting to eat pasta carb-free, calorie-free, and guilt-free.
Increasing your fiber intake is a pillar of healthy weight loss programs. By replacing regular noodles with Miracle Noodles, you can significantly raise your needed fiber intake, slowing digestion and prolonging the sensation of fullness. The longer you feel satisfied, the less likely you are to wreck your diet with unnecessary snacks and extra calories. In addition, the increase of soluble fiber like that found in Miracle Noodle can slow the absorption of glucose, which may aid sufferers of type II diabetes. Soluble fiber can also help cholesterol management.
Angel Hair Pasta
Enjoy the original Miracle Noodle in Angel Hair Pasta. These noodles contain no soy, gluten, or wheat. Shirataki pasta has zero calories and zero net carbs, so you can prepare your favorite dishes without derailing your diet.
Miracle Noodles are instantly ready-- just drain the pack, rinse in a strainer or collander for several minutes, and lightly boil for one minute. Add them to your favorite cooking dishes to absorb the flavor.
Vietnamese Noodle Soup
- 3 cups organic reduced sodium chicken stock
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1- 7oz bag of Miracle Noodle Angel Hair Noodles
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast sliced crosswise into 1/8 slices
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 scallions, sliced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 tsp chili sauce (optional)
- 1/2 lime, cut in half
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup of mushrooms-any variety (optional)
- 1 thinly slice chili pepper with seeds removed (optional)
1. In a 3 quart saucepan, bring chicken stock to a boil over medium-high heat. Add garlic, ginger and cardamom and let simmer for 10 minutes.
2. In a colander rinse noodles with warm water for a couple of minutes, pat dry with a small hand towel or paper towel to remove excess water. Divide noodles into two bowls.
3. Add chicken to stock and let cook for 5 minutes (until completely cooked).
4. Pour soup into bowls over the noodles. Divide bean sprouts between 2 soup bowls then top each serving with half the scallions and chili sauce. Garnish bowls with a slice of lime and pieces of cilantro.
Nutritional Information: Two Servings
- Calories: 180
- Total Fat: 3.6g
- Saturated Fat: 1.0g
- Cholesterol: 73mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 6.2g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.7g
- Protein: 31.1g