Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Miracle Prayer: Nine Steps to Creating Prayers That Get Results
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

on July 19, 2006
Miracle Prayer is a well-written and profound book about creating the life that you want. I have read many New Age books over the years but now I have time only for the really good ones where the author knows what they're on about. This is one of those books. Susan Shumsky has written several other books that establish her as an expert in the field of spirituality including: Exploring Auras, Exploring Chakras, Exploring Meditation, and Divine Revelation.

This book has changed my life in two ways. Firstly, it deepened my views on life. For quite a number of years I was very fatalistic, largely from studying astrology. I believed that life happened to me. But after a long while I began to suspect that life was actually happening according to my soul's desire - ie to my own deep desires. And then I read Susan's book which highlights the saying, "it is done unto you according to your beliefs" and this has really shifted my views on a very deep level and given me the tools to do something about it.

The second way it changed me is by bringing miracles into my life. Since reading this book I have experienced one genuine big miracle when I really needed it and many smaller miracles.

This book is easy to read and very practical for improving your life.
on January 20, 2010
I read this book five years ago, when I was basically homeless and nearly destitute. As a result of the principles I learned in this book, and prayers that I learned to create at that time, I have created an international network of businesses, and this year I will have an income of well over 7 digits. Not only that, but my spiritual life has taken off tremendously and satisfyingly. Because of this book, I am living the life that I came here to live.

Dr Shumsky has taken prayer principles from many religious traditions, especially the New Thought tradition (which includes Christian Science, Religious Science, Unity, and Science of Mind), and created a 9-part prayer method that is extremely powerful and effective.

Not only that, but she also gives you a rather deep and solid understanding of the spiritual principles that govern life, and the means to use these principles to make your life be what you want it to be.

You learn the major reasons that prayers fail, and exactly what to do in your specific circumstances to heal the blocks to the manifestation of YOUR prayers. This stuff really works! Not only do you heal your prayers, but you heal your life!

Then, for those of you who do not feel confident in your own ability to create powerful, successful prayers, she includes chapters of hundreds of affirmations to use in building your prayers, and pre-made prayers for some of the most important issues that might face you.

There is no way that I would choose to live my life without this book and the principles that it teaches. Buy it! Use it!
22 comments|50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 1, 2009
I first read and began using the prayer method in Miracle Prayer two years ago and since then so many miracles have happened in my life that I almost take them for granted. I have prayed for myself, my family, my friends, my country. I have prayed for health, business success, for good vacations, for great opportunities for people, for parking places, to be found(literally)when lost, to be more in touch with the still small voice inside. I'd say my success rate is about 90%. When you come across a block, as I have, Susan outlines ways to work through those blocks. This is truly the most helpful book I have ever read.
on July 19, 2006
WOW. Dr. Shumsky presents the process in a simple but eloquent way. She gives the history of the technique, the references and the process. She encourages each reader to take charge of their life and pray the life they want into manifestation. She gives hundreds of affirmations and even sample prayers. You can do it also. She will teach you. Get to it.

Pray today.

Limitation will go away.

Blessings will stay.

Hip Hip Hooray

May God Bless each reader of this review and so it is.

Rev. Mike Wanner

Philadelphia, PA USA
on February 2, 2010
Like the other reviewers I have read many of the New Age books but never really practiced until I read Miracle Prayer. I never heard of Susan Shumsky, D.D. before. They say when the student is ready the teacher will appear. I now have all of her books and am really finally putting into practice what I have studied and my life is indeed changing. At first I felt peace and all of a sudden things started changing and I started to change how I look at things. I have never written a review before but I felt that I had to let other people out there know that prayer really works, and this is truly the book to guide you. Other books really don't explain how to do it, they tell you to do it. When reading her books, I feel like she is right beside me talking to me. I ask a mental question and the answer appears in the next paragraph.
on July 30, 2006
If you have ever doubted that God hears you this is the book for you. Try it you'll like it. It will help prevent you from asking amiss and keep your thoughts centered on asking and recieving. It will answer questions you may have on why your prayers are not working and what you can do to change this. If you have blocks or interference in your channel to God this will address those issues. Prayer helps build Faith and the more you pray the more your faith grows.

Tim

God Bless
on January 30, 2010
This book is a clear and powerful teaching and explanation of the method of scientific prayer, or prayer treatments. Wonderful stories of how prayer has made a difference as well as a clear teaching of how to pray and some powerful effective prayers.

As a prayer chaplain for a Unity church I use this prayer method that I learned from Susan to pray for others as well as myself. I set an intention for the specific good or change in circumstance; affirm that on the level of Spirit, on the level of God, the apparent difficulty does not exist. God is wholeness, love, harmony, abundance, and as a Divine Soul Being - a child of God we are that perfection in Spirit. As a co-creator with God, I then claim the specific good that is true in spirit and I choose to have manifest in my life or int the life of another. I speak healing prayers to release what in me or another may be a barrier to this good manifesting - perhaps unforgiveness, or belief in illness, lack and limitation and then I accept the new perfect outcome and release the prayer to God and know that it is so.

I have learned that prayer does work and in the process this prayer method has blessed me and increased my awareness and understanding of God. I recommend it to anyone wanting to grow in prayer power and in closeness to God.
on July 24, 2006
Dr. Susan has written her best book yet! "Miracle Prayer" is concise and easy to understand for even the spiritual novice, yet contains the highest truths and leads the reader to the loftiest of human goals.

Dr. Susan has employed her exemplary research, her own experience, her compassionate love for people and her beautiful balance to synthesize the religious thoughts of the past and present to create a user-friendly system of prayer that, if used, has the potential to heal bodies and liberate lives, and if enough of us are changed, to heal our earth.

It is my prayer that this book "Miracle Prayer" become a textbook for church prayer groups, chaplain classes and students of God the world over. I am recommending it to my own Unity Church chaplain program today. Thank God for Dr. Susan, and thank you, Dr. Susan, for "Miracle Prayer."
on November 5, 2006
It's amazing how confused we get about prayer!

Dr. Shumsky brings alternatives to begging, pleading and bargaining with God. The SIMPLICITY and LOGIC of her ideas make sense and offer readers prayers that heal and empower.

I highly recommend this book for people in all spiritual paths!
on January 31, 2010
The prayers alone are priceless. Has a very clear in-depth discussion on the use of scientific prayer as well as explanations of the invisible world (negative emotions, thought-forms, entities, etc.) Easy to relate to the many testimonials from people who have had life changes with the use of prayer. This book is extremely useful in my daily life.