Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

Format: Amazon Video|Change
Price:$2.99

on December 27, 2012
Miracle is, hands down, the best sports movie ever, and for my money, the best movie period! To begin with, you have the greatest moment in sports history. The Miracle on Ice has everything they write into fictional sports movies, only it actually happened. The film stays close to the actual events, closer in fact than any other "true" sports movie I have ever seen. This is owing to the fact that the Miracle on Ice needs no re-touching to make it dramatic and exciting. I have found that I want to jump up and cheer every time it hits the 10 minute mark of the third period of the game, when Eruzione scores. I know it is coming, but it still gets me going. The line "Do you believe in miracles? Yes!" gives me chills. The action is more authentic than any other sports movie due to the fact that they chose hockey players and taught them to act, rather than choosing actors and teaching them to play. A wise decision. This, coupled with a camera system invented specifically for this movie will put you right on the ice with the players. The same people and equipment went on to film Crooked Arrows, so if you have seen that, you know what I'm talking about. If you were around for the Miracle on Ice, this will remind you of the extraordinary triumph of a group of mostly unknown college hockey players. If you weren't around, you still need to treat yourself to this story.
on October 18, 2014
Sports aren't really my thing, but every once in a while I enjoy watching a sports movie. This one in particular is a great one despite following Disney's formula almost to the letter. Often, it's not the ideas in a movie that make the difference, but their execution, and that couldn't be more true here. MIRACLE is the story of how the USA came from behind to defeat the USSR in the 1980 Winter Olympics. I already knew how things would end, but for me that didn't matter. It was great to see fantastic performances from the entire cast and the development of a diverse group of individuals into a cohesive team under the leadership and guidance of Herb Brooks (Kurt Russell). It gets off to a bit of a slow start, but once the focus shifts from team-building to the excitement of playing hockey things really took off. The only thing that kind of drags the film down is a subplot involving a conflict between Herb Brooks and his wife (Patricia Clarkson), but mainly for pacing reasons. I still thought it added depth to Herb's character overall. I should also give props to the soaring musical score which effectively sell the emotional highs. When all is said and done, this is a great film that speaks to America's strength in times of adversity. I'm not one to buy the myth of American exceptionalism hook, line and sinker, but I do acknowledge that we need inspiration from time to time and this film definitely delivers it. Highly recommended for sports fans, or people who like inspirational films.
on October 7, 2015
For those of you who remember that USA Hockey team in Lake Placid, please do yourself a great favor and live it again with this film. The backstory of the team before the games began is so good, so inspiring. Kurt Russell was fantastic as the coach - just perfect. I loved seeing Al Michaels on the monitors and listen as he called the game back then and edited so perfectly into the movie. Listen to him - it is important. For those of you who have not seen this nor remember the event, please watch this movie portraying a great time in the history of our participation in the Olympics.
on March 3, 2015
This is A GREAT movie on so many levels.
- It is an inspiring story
- It is the story of HOW coach Herb Brooks actually accomplished the feat
- Kurt Russell did an AWESOME job of portraying the late Herb Brooks

I have seen this movie a few times over the past 10 years and never tire of watching it. I highly recommend.
on February 26, 2016
I saw this movie as being one of top 10 movies someone should see in their lifetime. I had never seen it before so I decided to rent and watch it. I was very pleased.
What a great clean family movie! No bad language.
I highly recommend others see this movie.
on July 7, 2015
Good background history refresher on the US Hockey win over the USSR at Lake Placid.. Don't expect oscar-worthy performances, or dialogue or character development. But if you are in the mood for a sports movie, can't go wrong with this one. Nice, clean, family movie for all but the extreme among us---if this isn't clean enough for you, you should probably just not watch movies. I gave an extra star just for its family value.
on October 30, 2015
Great movie. My daughter went to a class for her job and the movie was required viewing. The whole family watched it. The locker room speech by the coach before playing the Russians was fabulous. I also like the part about the players acknowledging who they played for. Beating the Russians is one of the greatest sports moments ever and seeing this really emphasizes the extent of that achievement.
on September 25, 2015
We've seen this movie multiple times and it really never gets old. Was old enough to see the actual Olympic Games and love the opportunity of sharing it with our 9 and 13 year old through this movie. The movie does a great job of capturing the excitement of the actual event. My kids are cheering in our living room every time!!
on September 3, 2015
This is a really good movie that tells the story behind the 1980 U.S. Olympic hockey team. I remember the 1980 Olympics well and this movie let's us know what led up to the miracle win over the Russian team.
on February 2, 2014
I may not have rated this quite so high many years ago, but with the surge of movies that have content that I find humanly degrading coming out these days, this one is great.

It was brought to my attention by a fellow cohort member at our university as we put together our group presentation for an assigned project. We used a 1-minute clip from a YouTube trailer of this movie for our introduction before switching to PowerPoint, and it sent a great message about group dynamics and synergy to the whole class.