Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Outdoors Gift Guide on DOTD

on December 16, 2012
I purchased this chair because a previous employer had these chairs, and once I sat in this chair, my lower back pain subsided. I changed employers, and the new employer chairs had a mesh back with no back support. Needless to say, my lower back pain started up again. After debating for so long whether or not to spend this much on a chair, I saw the holiday sale of 15% off, and decided this was it. So, I bought it. It's as great as a I remember. The adjustable lumbar support feature is my absolute favorite. You can move it up or down to fit the small of our back, and increase/decrease the pressure. The seat-weave is also amazing because it evenly distributes your weight, and stays cool. This chair is definitely the best chair I have ever sat in - and I know my back is going to thank me years down the road. Even if you don't have back problems yet - this is the chair for everyone that sits at a desk all day long.
on December 28, 2011
I had an Aeron chair years ago at work and really liked it. My Jeep chair just died after years of use and I decide to go with the Aeron but after looking at the reviews and feedback I decided to buy this one instead. I have to say I like it better than the Aeron so far. It is very easy to assembly and adjust. I am just over 6' and it is fine. The back might be a little low if I was taller but for most people it should be fine. I did get the adjustable model and I would suggest this for any one looking at a serious office chair.
on August 9, 2013
I've had this particular chair for a little more than two weeks sitting in my home office. I've sat in a Herman Miller Mira for the past seven years at work, though.

Unfortunately, as a desk jockey, I sit a lot. I get up and walk once an hour or so, and I stand for 10 minutes or so an hour, but the overwhelming majority of my day is spent with my butt planted firmly in a chair. For the past seven years, that chair has been a Mira. And, while others have complained about its looks or it's minimal lumbar support, or that the seat isn't exactly "cushy", it's perfect for me. I'm 6'1", and during this time I've gone from 160 lbs to 190, and back down to 163. I have long legs and a regular torso, and all of this plays into how comfortable a chair will be to you. And the little bit of lumbar support fits the slight sway in my lower back just right. The chair leans exactly how I like to move throughout my day, and it makes it very easy for me to sit with my butt as far back in the chair as possible (correct posture, if you like), my shoulders back, chest out. And I feel great getting up from it at the end of the day.

Additionally, I don't like especially soft seats. My back is much happier with a little give, but a lot of support. That's exactly what the Mira has, plus the mesh seat ensures that I don't wind up sticky when I find myself "in the zone", and focusing on my daily activities for hours at a time.

All of this is why I decided that I wanted the same chair I have at work, in my home. So I bought one. I can't even describe how much better it is than the dining room chair I was using at my desk. It's wonderful.

Look, buying a chair is a personal thing. You should find a way to try many chairs, and decide which one works best for you. Ideally you'd work out of each chair for a couple days at a time. That's not always practical for everyone, sure. I got lucky, and was assigned the right chair for me. I think it's worth a look for a lot of people. Hope you find one that works for you.
on March 1, 2014
When you get down to it, one's ultimate preference between the Aeron and the Mirra (or the Leap, or...) will come down to body mechanics. Thanks to overspending employers, I've spent several years in both Aerons and Mirras and personally prefer the Mirra. Once I found the one I liked, I dragged it personally from office to office through several moves, just because I didn't want it mixed up with all of the others that people had been abusing.

If you buy this for home, be aware that sitting in this chair in your underwear will result in "waffle-butt" which your spouse may endlessly ridicule you for. So despite the advantages of increased ventilation, I recommend using this chair fully dressed.
on March 16, 2015
The good: It's a chair. It's not broken. It seems to support well and is constructed well. Most adjustments seem smart and satisfying.
The bad: Why do you have to pay 800 bucks for a chair that isn't complete crap? Oh well.

Now we just have to see if anything fails in the first year.

PS: still haven't thrown out my old chair since my cat likes it.
on February 4, 2014
Totally adjustable, very comfortable and extremely well built. Looks great.

Very easy to assemble and I expect 10-20 years of comfortable service out of this product.

Worth the money!
on January 23, 2014
It's a nice looking chair, and it is comfortable, but for me at least, it is NOT as comfortable as my old Aeron. I should have bought an Aeron, and to regret an $800 purchase really sucks.

See 1 answered question