5.0 out of 5 stars Glad to find this one ...
After reviewing many options, I decided on this model because it has the weighted pressure control rather than the pressure gauge, which seemed to have a higher incidence of issues and failures.

The 22 Qt. comes with complete canning instructions, but the recipes are for "pressure cooking" rather than being "canning recipes. There are a number of great books...
Published on October 9, 2008 by Alex S

3.0 out of 5 stars Incomplete Product Information / Insufficient Customer Service
I was quite excited to finally expand my canning horizons. After researching both the information on Amazon and manufacturer websites, I purchased the 16qt Mirro. Sadly, the first thing I saw upon opening the package was a huge disclaimer advising this is not for use on cook tops...Well I have a cook top as do many families.. I contacted Mirro directly for additional...
Published on March 6, 2012 by K. Trammell

‹ Previous | 15 6 724 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Takes forEVER to bring to pressure! Food is mush!, June 28, 2013
This review is from: Mirro 92122A Polished Aluminum Pressure Cooker, 22-Quart, Silver (Kitchen)
I'm confused as far as recent posts that this product holds only 5 quart jars because I'm pressure canning 7 as I type. The only reason I'm reviewing is to say that this is the third time I've used it in as many days and have found that it takes over an hour to bring the canner to pressure. By the time it spews the first time the food has been exposed to a hard rolling boil for over and hour. I'm disgusted... an entire season of green bean crop is mush!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works like a champ, November 30, 2012
I like that this unit does not have a pressure gauge, and you can hear it. It makes more of a "steam-letting-off" sound, rather than a "jiggle-metal-tap" sound. That said, I am looking for a 12 quart cooker now with the older style weight so I can hear the "jiggle-metal-tap," and hear the difference between the pressure cookers when I am using them both at the same time.

This will handle a full 7 quarts, unlike the 22quart unit. I have canned three deer so far this year (7 quarts for a small deer, 12 quarts for a big deer (ohio size deer, ie a "Big" Texas deer would be the same as Ohio's small deer). I will be canning a fourth deer this weekend.

Amazon had the best price on this unti.
GOOD JOB MIRRO!!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Look for the older model, October 18, 2012
I looked around until I found the 92122, not the 92122A. The older model hold 7 qts, unlike the newer one which holds only 5. I am generally satisfied, with two complaints. The first one is that the weights are rusting on the inside, leaving a disk of rust on the lid of the canner that I'm having to clean off each time. The other is that I can't get my weights to 'jiggle gently,' They vent steam, but don't move until they blow off excess steam--then they twirl and blow steam violently. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I'm still getting a great seal and I like being able to can 7 qts at a time.

3.0 out of 5 stars Functional with issues, August 23, 2011
I had a this same size and brand pressure canner years ago. I sold it when I quit canning. Never had a problem with it and it worked great so when I decided to start canning again, I wanted the same kind. I had to send the first one back and exchange it since the lid did not fit securely on the base. Amazon was great about processing the exchange quickly and without any hassle. My second one appeared fine but, after using it the first time, rust spews out of the pressure control all over the lid. Not sure why this is happening. Also, it doesn't seem like the pressure is constant even though I don't mess with the heat. Not sure about this either. All in all, the pressure canner does the job and I guess that is all that matters.

5.0 out of 5 stars 22 qt canner, August 12, 2011
LOVE IT!!!!! I'm a first time canner...and I put up 59 quarts of green beans as soon as I got this baby unpacked!!! Very easy to use and the price was great!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems to work well, October 19, 2011
We have used our canner only once since purchasing it, and it seems to work well. Several other reviewers have complained that it does not hold 7 quart jars as advertised, but only 5. Be aware that modern, new-production "quart" canning jars are actually liter-sized (check the small print on the box). Since a liter is about 6% larger than a quart, liter jars are also just enough larger that the canner will hold only 5. We tried the canner with some old, true quart-size canning jars, and it will hold 7 of those.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Pressure Canner, July 30, 2013
Susan B (Liberty, SC United States) - See all my reviews
I used this pressure canner (along with other pressure canners) in teaching a hands-on canning workshop. It performed well, was easy to use, and accommodated double stacked pints without problems. I appreciate the second rack that is provided with the canner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, September 13, 2009
I love my new pressure canner. It has a smaller footprint so does not take up as much stove top as my other one but is taller so I can double stack pints. This is important to me because I prefer to use the smaller pint size jars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, June 22, 2009
I am extremely impressed with this product! I was hesitant about purchasing a pressure cooker, I've only canned using the water bath method until now. However, after using this canner once, I was so delighted with the results that I have been canning on a weekly basis. It is extremely easy to use, sleek design, great safety features. At first, I was concerned about figuring out exactly what the weight was supposed to do when toggling, but now I feel like a pro when I hear the steam escape and the weight "dances" slightly. We have an electric smooth top stove, and this pressure cooker works well with it and also has not scratched the burner.

It is heavy when filled, but not so heavy that I cannot move it off the burner when done.

The most I have canned at one time was 12 pints, I have not tried more than that. I love the two shelves for stacking. This canner is easy to clean.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pressure Canner, February 12, 2014
My wife and I can meat and vegetables and have been very happy with our purchase.It shipped quickly and was a good value for the price.

‹ Previous | 15 6 724 | Next ›