Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Mirror Mirror (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy)” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 53% off the $19.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Mirror Mirror (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy)
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
This is a very unorthodox retelling of the Snow White fairy tale, but the principal characters are all there.
The Evil Queen (Julia Roberts) is probably the main attraction in this show. She was "modernized" (she is in fact a gold digger exhausting financial resources of successive husbands) and "upgraded" (she can do REALLY BAD magic - it is not just disguise and poison). Her Magic Mirror is also much more powerful than earlier versions. Julia Roberts clearly had lots of fun playing this character and she is simply excellent! She is also very atractive in this film - frankly, I think even more attractive than Snow White... And the scene in which she takes care her of her body, face, skin, lips, hair etc. to better ensnare the Prince Charming is worth an Oscar!
Snow White (Lilly Collins) is of course also more "modern" than the one in Disney classical movie, but she is definitely not a modern teenager. She is brave, clever, funny and has much more ambition than just being rescued by the Prince Charming, but she is also a true lady: she is always impeccably dressed, never raises her voice, never curses, is always polite (even to the enemies) and although she can swordfight if necessary, she has also all the charm (and timidity) of a very young girl who was never allowed much out of her house... Last but not least, she is clearly a real future queen material - because with all her charm, manners and timidity she can also be ruthless, when necessary...Read more ›
In this version, our evil queen is played by a wry, dry Julia Roberts, who is clearly having the time of her life, so let's get ready for a new wrinkle on an old story. Her acerbic digressions are a hoot as this is a far more adult (and more comic) take.
This cast promises more than a light touch of comedy:
* Julia Roberts ("Larry Crowne") is a four-times-married widow who instantly sees potential in the handsome prince who comes adventuring into her poverty-stricken realm. In order to throw a party for him, she raises taxes.
* Lily Collins ("Priest") is our orphaned Snow White, slated for an early death in the forest as soon as the queen realizes the threat from her burgeoning beauty. Collins has the eyebrows of a young Elizabeth Taylor.
* Armie Hammer ("J. Edgar") is very funny as the dauntless prince. He is earnest, sincere and quite handsome. He keeps losing all but his skivvies to the dwarfs and has to beg for pants. Wait until you see his tooth sparkle just before he is given the love potion.
* Nathan Lane ("Modern Family") is the queen's minion. He is the unwilling bearer of all the bad tidings, e.g., when taxes are raised, and when Snow White is found to be alive after all.
* Sean Bean ("Game of Thrones") as the king, long thought dead.
* Mare Winningham (LOTS of TV) as the scullery maid who is loyal to Snow White and her long-absent father.
Snow White doesn't have good or bad things just happen to her. She has to toil, study, practice and fight, for what she values.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It was good!! I appreciated the LACK of cleavage and thought it was a great family film!!! :-) No questionable elements!Published 10 days ago by Dynel
Great family film as a modern twist on the old tale. Roberts is perfection as the evil queen (she should play baddies all the time), Lilly James a perfectly sweet Snow white, and... Read morePublished 20 days ago by L. Nicolson
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray > Movies
- Movies & TV > Digital Copy
- Movies & TV > Fully Loaded DVDs > DTS
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Drama
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Indie & Art House
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials