Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on April 15, 2013
Review of Mirror Image by C. Michael Powers
5 stars

A delightfully intriguing story, "Mirror Image" captured my attention at the very beginning with its superb reader's hook, and maintained my interest and intrigue throughout. Author C. Michael Powers deftly explores the inner personality and integrity (or lack of same) in his multitude of characters. He also cleverly illustrates how a chance encounter, or a wish slipping from the tongue without thought, can lead to danger, trouble, even fatality. Very fast-paced action and plotting keep this paranormal urban fantasy rolling on. Think of a boulder rolling downhill in an avalanche and you will get some idea of the pacing and implacability of this story.

Gabe Cutter is bored with his life and he is ready for change, but as of yet he hasn't developed the impetus or passion to make changes. He wants to introduce his girlfriend and coworker Allie to his folks, but she refuses. Another colleague has been interested in him for years, but is too shy to speak up; and Gabe needs to change careers, but again, his inertia has him in a vise grip. Until--the doppelgangers begin to appear, mirror images who literally live in a land beyond our normal mirrors, entities who as often as not are evil where their real life counterparts are mostly good. When coworker Lisa's counterpart Ivy enters Gabe's world, clues him in about his girlfriend's sneaky infidelity, and irresistibly entices Gabe, life is good for a few hours. But then, Gabe looks in the mirror--and his doppelganger drags him over and switches places with him; and the new dude is really vicious and violent and murdering.
on April 26, 2012
I am normally a person who reads history or older westerns. But the description and the cover of this book caught my attention. And I have to say I was very impressed with the authors spin. It was nice to read a book with an original plot and theory. I would recommend this book and look forward to more from the author.
on October 18, 2013
I want to start off by saying that I will never be reading any more of this author's books. He kept me up at night reading until I couldn't force my eyes to stay open any longer and the first night I refused to get out of bed to go to the bathroom (yup, probably messed up my bladder holding it all night too) because there's a mirror in my bathroom haha.

You know when you're watching a movie on Netflix and you put it on pause to see how much longer you have left, seeing if it's too soon to wrap everything up - that's how I was with my Kindle and this book. There were a couple of times when I thought the characters were finished, that they had no hope - but then I would look at how far in the book I was and found myself relieved to see that their adventure continued.

Great concept, great execution. I simply loved this book. The way he described things, the characters (my favorites actually being Gabe and his image Cutter, Haylay and Cloak was a pretty wicked bad guy), the things that they had to go through - very well written. I can't wait to read book #2.

I was given a free copy of this book in exchange for an HONEST review.
on October 27, 2013
I always had a thing about my image in the mirror. So you can imagine what Mirror Image did for me. It just enhance that phobia I've got.

I was given a copy by the publisher to give an honest review. Now being an author myself, I found that I don't enjoy books like I use too, because of my knowledge I've picked up about Writing Mechanics, but I have to say, Mirror Image, I thoroughly enjoyed.

It's about a man, Gabe, that finds himself in all sorts of crazy scenarios because of his evil twin, his reflection in the mirror. It is a dark story and I think C.Michael Powers has outdone himself with this. I was hooked immediately, just the idea that there is another world through a mirror, and that on the other side you are nothing like on this side, crept me out.

I recommend Mirror Image to everyone that wants to enjoy a good story.
on July 13, 2013
BOOK REVIEW BY RENEE ROBINSON

Mirror Images- The Darkness of Man- by C. Michael Powers, Is the first of a 4 part series. I can honestly say, this is one of the rare books to make my "favorites" list. Mr. Powers had me hooked from the first sentence. Once I began reading, it was difficult to stop.
The main character, Gabe a good looking, kind and ordinary man suddenly finds himself surrounded by thugs who want nothing better than to beat and kill each other, including dumbfounded Gabe. Once Gabe manages to get himself out of one battle he soon finds himself tossed into another.
The author has incredible writing skills. I can easily envision this read making it to the top. Michael Powers is one of those rare authors who may just "make it". Congrats to you! Michael Powers.
I will definitely read and review the entire series.
Renee Robinson, author The Color of The Wind
on May 24, 2012
This book is amazing. I bought it on a whim when I ran out of books on my phone. What a great purchase. I could not put it down. The suspense had me flying through each chapter (even when I said to myself, just one more chapter). What a great book. Can't wait for the next one!!!!!
When you look in the mirror, what do you see? Is it you, a reflection of you, or is it perhaps something more sinister? Mirror Images takes the reader down a dark path on an unexpected journey into the mirror image of several characters and the darkness lying within them. Each chapter is a new destination for the reader where they are given the opportunity to delve into the characters more deeply and learn what drives them? Is it darkness, anger, sex...Mirror Images does not disappoint and leaves the reader attempting to predict what will happen next.
on July 27, 2012
The Darkness of Man is an awesome concept by a remarkably talented author. I've often thought there's magic in mirrors and Powers brings it on home. Don't miss it!
on April 30, 2012
This book delivers the suspense, mistery and excitement that I look for and a good book. I will definitely read this one again! New fav!
on January 2, 2014
this type of book is not something I would normally read, but I am sure glad that I did. The author has a way of really making you be able to visualize the story. I could see this book being turned into a movie or even a series. I will look forward to the next one.