Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Mirrors [Blu-ray]” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 74% off the $24.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
- Mike S.
Short Attention Span Summary (SASS):
1. Ex-cop Ben Carson (Keifer Sutherland) is forced by necessity to take a job as a night watchman at a Department Store that has been gutted by a major fire.
2. It doesn't take him 24 hours to find out that something's not quite right with his new job
3. Sure enough, he soon learns that the Department Store was once a totally different type of institution, and that the man who burned it down had also killed his own family. Strangely enough, the large mirrors in the building have all survived the destruction.
4. When the hallucinations start, Ben starts digging around, and discovers a clue - the word "esseker"
5. No prizes for guessing that something evil lurks in the mirror world, and soon Ben's family become targets.
6. It's up to Ben to find a way to save his family, and his time is almost up.
This is a creepy, gritty sort of horror flick that will have you thinking twice about looking into the mirror, even if you've never before been able to pass one by without checking yourself out. A bit of gore here and there adds to the drama, but the spine-tingling bits occur in the quieter moments. The ending however, isn't so much anticlimactic as understated. Recommended for folk who like to get their creep on.
Ben Carson: You gotta be careful of the water, it creates reflections!
I was about forty minutes into the hundred-odd-minute Mirrors last night when my wife, who's down with bronchitis, took some cold medicine and went to bed. I considered turning the movie off and coming back to it today, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. Why? Because I was seeing something I had never seen before--a good Alexandre Aja movie. No, seriously--a really good Alexandre Aja movie. (In my defense, when my wife takes cold medicine, twenty minutes later she has no idea whether I'm in bed with her or not. "Comatose" is a valid description.) I was expecting yet another stupid Hollywood remake (and with Alexandre Aja having helmed the epitome of the stupid Hollywood remake, the 2006 version of The Hills Have Eyes, I felt entirely justified in this). For the record, I have yet to see the film upon which this is based, the 2003 Korean project Into the Mirror, and maybe that changed my perception a bit. But oh, yes, I was completely immersed in this.
And then we got to the last five minutes. And that Nike I was waiting for clonked me in the back of the head, except by then I wasn't expecting it. Ever since I finished watching the silly thing, I've been trying to spin the ending a different way. Me, of all people, trying to figure out how to defend a film by a guy who, up until now, hadn't even figured out how to direct a good short! (I generally don't review shorts, only rate them; I caught his first project, Over the Rainbow, earlier this year. It got two stars mostly for its brevity.) I think this is a sign of the apocalypse.
In any case, the plot concerns an ex-cop named Ben Carson (Dark City's Kiefer Sutherland--who, let's face it, hasn't done a good film since the beginning of 24).Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Ben Carson (Keifer Sutherland) is hired as a night watchman while waiting to be reinstated by the NYPD. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Luquillo
I love the story line for this movie. As a horror buff it has it all; unstable father on the brink trying to save his family, ignorant wife who won't listen until she sees the... Read morePublished 3 months ago by anastacia legare
great movie, different take on the horror genre, and pretty gory scenes. A little confusing at times but all in all it was entertainingPublished 4 months ago by chris
Arrived as described, great product, couldn't be happier!Published 4 months ago by Christopher M. Shane
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray > Movies
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Horror
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Mystery & Thrillers
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > All Fox Titles