Published 12 months ago by K. Harris

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as first two seasons
I watched seasons 1 and 2 and really liked the show. I found out that season 3 doesn't have Robert, but decided to give it a try. I just watched episode 1 and could not get myself to go beyond. There is a new character instead of Robert, he is like Robert but not as funny, and seems out of place with trying to be Robert and yet not succeeding much. I found his soliloquy...
Published 19 months ago by Back to reading

5.0 out of 5 stars A Solid Eight Episodes: Even Missing Nathan, These Misfits Still Have The Superpower To Entertain, July 12, 2013
This review is from: Misfits: Season 3 (DVD)
Without a doubt, the rude and in-your-face British hit "Misfits" succeeds as one of TV's most unapologetic guilty pleasures. If you had told me that a show about juvenile delinquents with superpowers would turn into one of my contemporary favorites, I'd have thought you were crazy. Expertly blending ribald comedy with a science fiction theme, "Misfits" is easily one of the funniest and most wildly entertaining shows that I've seen in a while. Seriously. And if I were to describe it further, it would sound even sillier. The five central characters in "Misfits" meet in a community service group, get caught in a freak electrical storm that juices them with lightning, and awake to realize that their world has changed forever. Actually, not just their world but the world around them as the strange storm has affected others in macabre and hysterical ways. In Season Three, however, the show faces a big change in losing one of its principle characters. For me, Robert Sheehan's Nathan was the comic backbone of the series. I won't lie, he was my personal favorite and I missed him here. I liked replacement Joseph Gilgun as Rudy (also quite hysterical) but I loved Nathan.

In an ever-evolving manner, all the kids have new superpowers or are more adept at using the one's from last season. Perhaps the season's biggest changes are in store for Kelly (Lauren Socha even won a BAFTA for Best Supporting Actress) and Curtis (Nathan Stewart-Jarrett). Curtis finds himself with a female alter ego, leading to some very uncomfortable moments! And Kelly is now a rocket scientist. It allows her to be almost an entirely new character (and her dialect becomes easier to understand) with a hot and heavy romantic interest. The evolution of Kelly, in fact, was one of the most successful aspects of the season for me. A self-contained episode about time travel and a very different occupied Britain (let's just say the outcome of WWII was a bit different) is gutsy and unique. Rudy, the new kid on the block, provides plenty of laughs as a lothario who will bed just about anything. But there's a twist, he also has a more sensitive double that can materialize. It's twice the Rudy for your money.

I heartily gave Seasons One and Two of "Misfits" a five star rating. For me, this didn't quite get there (I'll say 4 1/2 and still round up). It had brilliant episodes and more uneven entries as well. Still, though, it is one of the more daring programs you can encounter. Aside from being hysterical, the show also has surprising emotion. Simon (a great Iwan Rheon) still provides the show's biggest heart and most dramatic moments, his relationship with Alisha (Antonia Thomas) has real resonance. The expansion of Seth's (Matthew McNulty) role really enhanced this season as well. A power broker, he shows a few more sides and his romance with Kelly is developed with surprising results. Season Three consists of eight episodes. If you love "Misfits," Season Three is a solid continuation. Never seen it? Start at the beginning! I promise you, it's worth the investment. KGHarris, 7/13

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!!!, June 2, 2014
This review is from: Misfits: Season 3 (DVD)
Love this show!!! Super Awesome Great! The characters are amazing! Rudy makes a great fit in the show. I wasn't disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Service, March 13, 2014
This review is from: Misfits: Season 3 (DVD)
My purchase of Misfits was a present for my daughter, who was very happy with it. I am extremely happy with the speed and the service I received. With thanks.
Ellie Mitchell.

5.0 out of 5 stars Why can't all TV be this inventive?, February 12, 2014
C. Babian "Charles Babian" (Brooklyn, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Misfits: Season 3 (DVD)
I like this series - it's rough and tumble and irreverent and the accent is almost impossible. What can I say?

5.0 out of 5 stars Good series, February 10, 2014
Stayed up for days watching this series. I had to stop at this season because the characters are new on the next one. Fun series, love the original characters.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, January 23, 2014
This review is from: Misfits: Season 3 (DVD)
Disc was in perfect condition an the season was better than expected. Cannot find this season anywhere. Just need season 4 now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Addicted!, January 13, 2014
Luminus (Brooklyn, NY United States) - See all my reviews
OMG, this show is amazing! I've just finished the 3rd season and it's still going great. It's sad that the actor who played Nathan quit the show, as he was my favorite character even though he was the worst kind of person to be around. This digital version is missing the episode that explains his absence called "Vegas, Baby!" You can find it online, though. Others have done better justice in explaining how good this is, so I just came to tell you about the missing episode.

Don't watch the series online, just buy it and support creativity. It's well worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Misfits - Bittersweet, September 18, 2013
This review is from: Misfits: Season 3 (DVD)
Having seen all 3 seasons, I will say that Season 3 is probably my least favorite. I say that for 2 reasons. Firstly, because the character Nathan is gone entirely and without any reason as to why. All you know is that Kelly says he went somewhere to make money. Period. He's just gone. The new character that replaces him is alright, but you still miss Nathan's snarky remarks throughout the entire series. Secondly, the ending to this season is fantastic, and as much as I love this show, I feel that they really closed it off for making a 4th season in terms of plot. If they left it at 3 seasons, it would be a beautiful ending.
As a Misfits fan, I will still encourage other fans to purchase the 3rd season regardless of the 2 downers. The show remains highly addictive with unthinkable plot twists that you will never see coming. Of course this season, everyone has completely different powers--and those powers seem to keep changing throughout the show. Still a great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Misfits are back and things have changed again!, August 13, 2013
This review is from: Misfits: Season 3 (DVD)
The Misfits season Three returns with everyone favorite Misfits minus one. Nathan has made his way with Marni and the baby Nathan Jr. to faboulus Las Vegas and use his powers to make himself and his new family rich. Meanwhile the others Curtis, Kelly, Simon, Lisa are getting used to thier new powers and life outside of community service. And so far they all seem to be bored with what life has to offer. Kelly is a rocket sicentist and no one is taking her seriously. Curtiscan change into a woman since the power broker didn't have any other powers on hand. Lisa can see through the eyes of others and Simon seems to be able to look into the near future and adjust so that things go his way. Simon is also training himself to become 'Super Hoodie" since he thinks this is what he will become.
Of course we are intorduced to the newest Misfit Rudy who seems to be able to split himself into two versions of himself one good one bad. As he begins his community service with two other girls he begins to wonder if he will ever get out of having to do any real work. As his bad side gets closer to one of the women, his good side chats up the other and she begins to think he likes her. Of course we all know that's not what happens with the Misfits. The girl that good Rudy talks to has a power of her own and she stops time trying to hurt Rudy and after an unsucessful attempt thanks to the others decides to kill them all.
Of course this doesn't stop the Misfits as they once again find themselves in community service and have to deal with things that come along the way wearing the orange jumpsuits. They take on zombie cheerleaders, the undead, body swaping villans, Nazis even! All this plus echos from thier own past that will change the very future of the Misfits forever. So check out Misfits Series Three today and see what you have been missing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this show, March 15, 2013
I absolutely loved season three, even without the pleasurable company of Nathan. It definitely gave the writers and cast a chance to experiment and shine.

Misfits: Season 3
Misfits: Season 3 by Various (DVD - 2013)
$24.98 $16.99