Facility Spring Cleaning BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

Format: Blu-ray|Change

Without a doubt, the rude and in-your-face British hit "Misfits" succeeds as one of TV's most unapologetic guilty pleasures. If you had told me that a show about juvenile delinquents with superpowers would turn into one of my contemporary favorites, I'd have thought you were crazy. Expertly blending ribald comedy with a science fiction theme, "Misfits" is easily one of the funniest and most wildly entertaining shows that I've seen in a while. Seriously. And if I were to describe it further, it would sound even sillier. The five central characters in "Misfits" meet in a community service group, get caught in a freak electrical storm that juices them with lightning, and awake to realize that their world has changed forever. Actually, not just their world but the world around them as the strange storm has affected others in macabre and hysterical ways. In Season Three, however, the show faces a big change in losing one of its principle characters. For me, Robert Sheehan's Nathan was the comic backbone of the series. I won't lie, he was my personal favorite and I missed him here. I liked replacement Joseph Gilgun as Rudy (also quite hysterical) but I loved Nathan.

In an ever-evolving manner, all the kids have new superpowers or are more adept at using the one's from last season. Perhaps the season's biggest changes are in store for Kelly (Lauren Socha even won a BAFTA for Best Supporting Actress) and Curtis (Nathan Stewart-Jarrett). Curtis finds himself with a female alter ego, leading to some very uncomfortable moments! And Kelly is now a rocket scientist. It allows her to be almost an entirely new character (and her dialect becomes easier to understand) with a hot and heavy romantic interest. The evolution of Kelly, in fact, was one of the most successful aspects of the season for me. A self-contained episode about time travel and a very different occupied Britain (let's just say the outcome of WWII was a bit different) is gutsy and unique. Rudy, the new kid on the block, provides plenty of laughs as a lothario who will bed just about anything. But there's a twist, he also has a more sensitive double that can materialize. It's twice the Rudy for your money.

I heartily gave Seasons One and Two of "Misfits" a five star rating. For me, this didn't quite get there (I'll say 4 1/2 and still round up). It had brilliant episodes and more uneven entries as well. Still, though, it is one of the more daring programs you can encounter. Aside from being hysterical, the show also has surprising emotion. Simon (a great Iwan Rheon) still provides the show's biggest heart and most dramatic moments, his relationship with Alisha (Antonia Thomas) has real resonance. The expansion of Seth's (Matthew McNulty) role really enhanced this season as well. A power broker, he shows a few more sides and his romance with Kelly is developed with surprising results. Season Three consists of eight episodes. If you love "Misfits," Season Three is a solid continuation. Never seen it? Start at the beginning! I promise you, it's worth the investment. KGHarris, 7/13
on September 18, 2013
Having seen all 3 seasons, I will say that Season 3 is probably my least favorite. I say that for 2 reasons. Firstly, because the character Nathan is gone entirely and without any reason as to why. All you know is that Kelly says he went somewhere to make money. Period. He's just gone. The new character that replaces him is alright, but you still miss Nathan's snarky remarks throughout the entire series. Secondly, the ending to this season is fantastic, and as much as I love this show, I feel that they really closed it off for making a 4th season in terms of plot. If they left it at 3 seasons, it would be a beautiful ending.
As a Misfits fan, I will still encourage other fans to purchase the 3rd season regardless of the 2 downers. The show remains highly addictive with unthinkable plot twists that you will never see coming. Of course this season, everyone has completely different powers--and those powers seem to keep changing throughout the show. Still a great buy.
on January 13, 2014
OMG, this show is amazing! I've just finished the 3rd season and it's still going great. It's sad that the actor who played Nathan quit the show, as he was my favorite character even though he was the worst kind of person to be around. This digital version is missing the episode that explains his absence called "Vegas, Baby!" You can find it online, though. Others have done better justice in explaining how good this is, so I just came to tell you about the missing episode.

Don't watch the series online, just buy it and support creativity. It's well worth it.
on March 14, 2015
To be honest, I did not get through the whole season. So it is a bit unfair to give it 2 stars. Perhaps I will go back and give it another shot in the future, but as of now, can't get past the loss of Nathan. Watch the first 2 seasons and then check out BBCs Uncle.
on December 19, 2014
I didn't mind the addition of new characters, however I felt like they were expies of some of the exiting characters. I don't mind characters that have similar attributes as old character, that's fine. My problem was that some of new cast that were introduced in this season seemed like one of the characters that just left: Name and powers are the only difference.

I did like how they closed the time-loop, even though I could think of several ways they might have avoided that ending. I was a little disappointed by how they ended Curtis and Kelly's run, but it was a decent segue into series four. It also freed the actors to do other projects.
on February 7, 2015
I loved Seasons 1 and 2, and darn near quit watching after Nathan left at the end of Season 2. Nathan was my favorite! I only stuck around for season 3 because of Simon and Alisha. Simon was my second favorite character, and I loved his romance with Alisha. Unfortunately, I did not see as much of them as I would have liked. And I'm sure that Iwan Rheon (the actor playing Simon) would agree with me. I read somewhere that he left Misfits because he was unhappy with what they did with the character in Season 3.

The first episode of Season 3 is lame, and we see far too much of Rudy in in it. But stick around, the season gets better. I feel that Kelly "stepped up to the plate" this season and was far more interesting than she had been previously. Lauren Socha deserved the BAFTA she won for this! And this season did have some great episodes - like episode 2, with Curtis' gender confusion and my favorite - episode 4, with the Nazis. I'm sad about losing Simon and Alisha. Which is why I have no desire to see Seasons 4 or 5.
on February 19, 2012
This series is ridiculously surprising, shocking, hilarious, and entertaining. They pack more wallop into one episode than you'll get in ten movies at the cinema. Can't believe I'm the first to write a review here. An honor. Bravo Howard Overman you are a genius.
on August 13, 2013
The Misfits season Three returns with everyone favorite Misfits minus one. Nathan has made his way with Marni and the baby Nathan Jr. to faboulus Las Vegas and use his powers to make himself and his new family rich. Meanwhile the others Curtis, Kelly, Simon, Lisa are getting used to thier new powers and life outside of community service. And so far they all seem to be bored with what life has to offer. Kelly is a rocket sicentist and no one is taking her seriously. Curtiscan change into a woman since the power broker didn't have any other powers on hand. Lisa can see through the eyes of others and Simon seems to be able to look into the near future and adjust so that things go his way. Simon is also training himself to become 'Super Hoodie" since he thinks this is what he will become.
Of course we are intorduced to the newest Misfit Rudy who seems to be able to split himself into two versions of himself one good one bad. As he begins his community service with two other girls he begins to wonder if he will ever get out of having to do any real work. As his bad side gets closer to one of the women, his good side chats up the other and she begins to think he likes her. Of course we all know that's not what happens with the Misfits. The girl that good Rudy talks to has a power of her own and she stops time trying to hurt Rudy and after an unsucessful attempt thanks to the others decides to kill them all.
Of course this doesn't stop the Misfits as they once again find themselves in community service and have to deal with things that come along the way wearing the orange jumpsuits. They take on zombie cheerleaders, the undead, body swaping villans, Nazis even! All this plus echos from thier own past that will change the very future of the Misfits forever. So check out Misfits Series Three today and see what you have been missing.
on August 19, 2014
Going into this season was disappointed that the funny lad was replaced with another one. The first one definitely a better funny lad. Gave this 3 stars since the rest of the cast was still there even though the story lines were weak at times. First two season stories were definitely better though.
on September 12, 2012
I own seasons 1 and 2, every episode is amazing. Season 3 came out, didn't have one of the main characters, the season is still great but not as great as the first 2 seasons. However!!! still watch it because it's entertaining!