Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

Format: Blu-ray|Change

on February 14, 2013
Misfits, usually referred to as the British version of Heroes, had to almost start from scratch with this fourth series. Only Curtis remains from the original crew, so we have a mostly new cast. I almost didn't bother watching it-I just did not have the energy to start from the beginning again with a new story-arch. Fortunately there was no real attempt to top the interconnected story from series 1-3, so we are just left with a brilliant series where each episode stands alone.

The show seems to slightly shift the focus away from the team's powers. Rudy is still here with his twin, but many episodes go by without that being mentioned. The new crew consist of Jess and Finn. Jess has a minor x-ray power and Finn can move objects with his mind. Just. These aspects are really downplayed though.

This shift away from the superhero powers really was a great idea. This season of the show is hilarious. Rudy in particular is great. The show is also a lot ruder than before, and it wasn't exactly tame in series 1-3. The show certainly isn't for the faint-hearted. Rudy gets most of the attention, but Finn can crop up with some great lines. One conversation with a man he thinks is his Dad is brilliant.

I actually think this is my favorite series of the show to date, but it didn't get strong ratings and I have my doubts about whether we will see a series 5. It would be a shame if we don't. Misfits deserves a lot more attention than it gets and should really be classified as a comedy and not as sci-fi or fantasy.

9/10
on February 3, 2013
I love this series you never know what to expect from the cast or the episode its crazier each time! This last season did disappoint me.... everybody is gone. I did say I like it because the story line still pulls you in. So, thank you for another season.
on April 26, 2013
Wish I could've downloaded all the episodes and watched them over and over again. For some reason a few of them had a ridiculous expiration in the rental time to view, which is stupid since I allegedly purchased it and was notified that I "owned" the season. Does that make sense? Well, I love the characters, which there were more of them.
on December 12, 2013
With a majority of the original cast gone, the show just doesn't have the same feel for me. Curtis and Rudy is what makes me come back, but ultimately, the show isn't the same and not as funny. I feel as if their still trying to figure this group out and their dynamic together.
on May 22, 2013
Crass, vulgar, and belligerent. I love this show! When I try to explain it to people, I say imagine the US-made Heroes. Now imagine it with real people and without the Hollywood veneer. It's so superior to Heroes . . . you just have to watch it!
on November 20, 2012
Takes the standard kids get powers theme and goes nuts from there.

Off the wall mix of different genres - like Buffy the Vampire Slayer but a lot more adult oriented.

Very original.
on January 24, 2014
Once Curtis is gone, the show just goes downhill fast. The only saving grace would be Finn, who actually grows on you. I'm not too big on Rudy, because he doesn't care about anyone. Or is that Rudy 2? And his character is inconsistent (Example: He finds out something about God in the last episode of Season 3, and proceeds to do "some things" to someone in his usual way as a result. Yet, in Season 5, he's suddenly the most religious person on the show.) He's entertaining, but I felt he was just a substitute for Nathan. The Misfits' powers aren't even used that much in this season, which defeats the premise of the show, and the so-called arc of this season is just too silly even for this show. "Someone is missing something because it was stolen" is all I will say.
on February 6, 2014
The show is focused on a small group of people that get "powers" from a storm, the powers often suck and the characters really don't find useful ways to utilize them; mostly they get into trouble with other people who have powers and death, drama, and comedy ensue.
Misfits was novel, interesting, and a bit over the top but you just wanted to see where it was going. At the end of season 3 all but one of the original characters were gone and then season 4 got rid of Curtis. The new characters just didn't work for me at all, it's good to see some people liked the transition but for me it felt like the writers had no real direction and were just seeing how far they could go with offensive behavior (for no purpose) linked with brutal murders. Shame, I would have really liked to see all of the original characters developed a lot more and to watch them find unique ways to use their powers, either for pleasure, financial gain, or to help other people or just themselves.
on December 12, 2012
I have loved this show since season one. The first two seasons were the best but I still think season three and four are pretty good!
on June 1, 2013
Hilarious, Witty, Sad. You never know what to expect from this show, which makes it so genuinely awesome. Highly recommended!