Your Garage Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation Learn more

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 12 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on May 8, 2012
I've always been a fan of Howard Stern. His radio show is endlessly entertaining and his book Private Parts is a great read. So I was excited to read Miss America. While entertaining overall, it was not a worthy follow-up to his first one. The first section of the book, dealing with his internet chat room and virtual relationship exploits, went on way too long. I enjoyed the inside stories and thoughts about his employees and the wack pack members. However, something just felt like it was missing. Overall, a fun read for die-hard Stern fans. Casual fans may not enjoy it as much.
I highly recommend his former co-host Artie Lange's Too Fat to Fish. This book IS a worthy companion to Private Parts. It's funny, sad, and revealing. Like Howard, Artie wasn't afraid to reveal his darkest, most embarrassing secrets. I read Artie's book in just three days. Highly recommended.
I haven't read any of Robin's books. And I don't plan to, since I find her quite annoying.
I've heard great things about Gary's They Call Me Baba Booey, but haven't read it yet. It's on my list!
on August 7, 2012
Howard Stern is the Hunter S. Thompson of radio -- he turned the whole thing upside-down, putting himself at the center of the action. He is fearless and profane. He is challenging, fearless, unpredictable and dangerous. His first book chronicled his early years and rise to fame, but this second memoir focuses on his current adventures. It's another great read though. His political and multimedia agenda give him an even heavier Hunter Thompson vibe, which is just where Stern should be taking his irreverent and volatile comedy. Stern is a forward thinker, seizing upon the new satellite radio format with a vengeance. It's already paid off for Stern, and will continue to do so as the medium moves more and more away from traditional broadcast technologies. What Stern does with that increased power, one can only guess, watch and wait. Fifty Shades of Trailer Park Boys: TPB in the Great Comedic Traditions
on July 21, 1998
I'll keep this short. Howard Stern's "Miss America" is probably considered repugnant to those he mocks, cajoles, baits and farts at. To the rest of us who aren't in his book, we understand the way in which the FCC has it in for him. We identify to being screwed over and being resented for our sucesses. Read the cybersex chapter first.
on May 24, 1999
Out of all the books that I've read, this one has to be the sickest, but also funniest, book that I have read. It starts out with perversion, and gets worse with every page. It's Howard Stern at his best!!! Definately worth checking out if you are over 18.
on May 17, 2000
This book is fun and entertaining just like his radio show. He tries to be funny in the book and he sure succeeds at doing that. If you enjoy Howard's radio show, I suggest you take a look at this book.
on March 30, 2012
This book was funny, but not as funny as Stern's previous work. I'd say it's more for fans of his radio show who want a more indepth look at the host.
on January 24, 2013
hasnt it all been said already
hehe
you either love him or hate him
if you know someone who loves him
this is a great gift
on February 17, 1998
once you get past Howard talking about masterbation. The book becomes quite intriguing for the Stern lover and hater alike. Very informative!
on April 24, 1999
This book is almost, but not quite as good as his first book. But it's still worth reading more than once and totally recommended.
on February 12, 2009
Not nearly as hilarious as Private Parts but I still got some laughs out of this. I tend to read a lot of very serious morose stuff but I like to read a book that makes me laugh now and then. Sterns humor is very neurotic and self loathing, at times very juvenile, and very Jewish (obsession with bodily functions, sexual insecurities, childhood traumas and persecution complexs) but I have always thought he was funny. Stern is one funny Jew!