Customer Discussions > Borderlands 2 - Xbox 360 forum

Missed pre-order, any incentive to buy new?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 29, 2012 2:16:07 AM PDT
Ambassador says:
I've been pretty poor the past few months so new video games are out of the question for me regardless of any pre-order credits offered.

I can buy Borderlands 2 used, but was wondering if there are any codes for DLC included in the box of new games besides any kind of pre-order incentives. Basically, now that the game is out is there any reason to spend the extra money for a new copy?

Now if new copies do include DLC or other one time use codes, is it even worth it? A lot of day one extras I find out after the fact I could have played without and would have been just as happy with it. In this case if new copies come with a code for a couple of guns I'm sure I don't HAVE to have it considering the number of guns already in the regular game.

Thanks for your help!

Posted on Oct 8, 2012 3:15:46 PM PDT
Russell says:
i didnt get any extra codes besides the pre order so if your talkin just the normal one then your safe.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 9, 2012 8:30:06 PM PDT
Dawn M says:
"... is there any reason to spend the extra money for a new copy?"

Yeah, to support the developers that put the time and effort into making the game...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2012 7:49:45 AM PST
"Yeah, to support the developers that put the time and effort into making the game... "

Which is an admirable thing to do. However, when the choice is the developer sees zero money due to $60 being outside of the affordable range or the developer sees zero money because someone bought a used copy, I think we can leave that argument aside and try and answer the point of this discussion.

There are no codes or online passes associated with this game, so a used copy works just as well as a new one, Ambassador.

Posted on Feb 8, 2014 6:17:25 PM PST
Mark W. says:
i like horses, so leave me alone.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Sep 29, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 8, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Borderlands 2 - Xbox 360
Borderlands 2 - Xbox 360 by 2K (Xbox 360)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (864)