Missing Disney File Digital Copy Insert

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 27 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 16, 2008 7:01:01 AM PDT
M. Ferguson says:
I just purchased the DVD version at Wal-Mart and found that the Disney File Digital Copy insert (that supposedly has the activation code on it) is not included. Has anyone else had this problem?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2008 9:10:05 PM PDT
Zerogene says:
I just bougth mine today and... yep.. not there... like an idiot i even tried using the code on the disneyreward thing.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2008 11:32:54 AM PDT
How do you obtain the code?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2008 5:03:43 PM PDT
Auntie Claus says:
Mine is missing as well. The really annoying thing is even though *I* know Disney screwed up and *I* know I have paid for something and not gotten it, if I call Disney it will surely be company policy to assume I'm trying to steal something and make me jump through hoops to prove I've purchased the movie rather than just help me out and give me a code over the phone. They'll probably ask me to mail them the whole thing. Then I'll have paid $35 and not even have the blu-ray copy. Sigh.

Why even bother with the disk if I'm effectively just entering a code and downloading it from i-tunes? Or if the movie is on the disk, why bother with a code? It's not microsoft software, for crying out loud. So they've protected themselves (they think) from people passing the disk around. They've also screwed plenty of customers out of what they bought. Geez, I'm annoyed.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2008 5:11:09 PM PDT
Auntie Claus says:
The website address on the digital copy disk is inaccurate. You'll want: http://disney.go.com/disneyvideos/disneyfile/

There, it helpfully chides you that if you've "lost" your insert, they'll replace it for free JUST THIS ONCE -and only IF you mail them your case with the 2 disks, your original receipt, and oh, why don't you mail it certified mail for your own protection. If you "lose" it again, well, that'll be $7.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 20, 2008 7:08:50 AM PDT
M. Ferguson says:
I took mine back to Wal-Mart and they said they wouldn't take it back because it had been opened. "Just go get another one," they told me. What they failed to tell me was that THEY DIDN'T HAVE ANY MORE. After much discussion with their manager they FINALLY refunded my money. I'm not sure what I'll do now... has anyone had this problem if they ordered it through Amazon? Maybe the Wal-Mart shipment inadvertently (or deliberately) forgot to add the digital copy insert?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 20, 2008 3:31:26 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 20, 2008 3:33:03 PM PDT
Auntie Claus says:
I got my copy at Target, so unfortunately it's not just limited to Walmart. And what lousy help they tried to give you: we won't take it back because it's opened, just pay for ANOTHER one. And if you open that one and find it's missing its insert as well, then what? Buy a third? Yeesh. I'm glad they refunded your money.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2008 8:55:15 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 22, 2008 1:41:51 PM PDT
L. Shelley says:
I bought a copy at Best Buy, found out it doesn't have the copy code, exchanged it at Best Buy a couple days later, opened the new copy at the customer service counter, no code insert in that one either. I tried to call Disney, 800-723-4763, but their customer service is open only from 9:30 AM to 6:30 PM Central time. Given the millions of DVDs that Disney sells, you'd think they could extend their hours a bit, but I guess that would cut into their profits too much....10/22 - Update - I called Disney today, they will exchange the package and verify the new one has the code insert. Apparently they're getting a lot of calls, said they must have been part of one batch.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2008 9:43:27 PM PDT
It seems like I wasn't the only one that didn't get an activation code insert. I purchased my DVD of the Nightmare Before Christmas at Best Buy today and I was disappointed to not see the insert (I had borrowed a friends copy to watch the movie before I purchased it and I saw the discs and inserts in the packing). I called and then I realized they have hours like the above comment stated, I sent out an email with a email address given to me from the phone call I made, and then I went searching all over the internet to find a solution. I found the same information that Auntie Clause (see above) found. I'm quite upset. The reason we payed for the high price was to get both DVD version and a down loadable version of this movie. I'm sure they've gotten a lot of calls from people stating that they didn't receive a code with their movie, you would think they would do a better job of inspecting their DVDs. I hope I can get this fixed. Wish me luck!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2008 11:22:25 PM PDT
Okay, so I'm not crazy. I thought that I had suddenly lost it or something, but nope, no insert. Just that disneyrewards/blueray thing (and yeah, I tried that code too! ha.).

I bought mine at Target, but it seems as if everyone bought theirs at different locations. So it's Disney's fault...but how do we get our digital copy? It's frustrating.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2008 4:12:00 PM PDT
L. Shelley says:
RE: digital copy insert - see my last post further down the list, I had called Disney about the missing code insert, they were going to have me send my DVD package back to them and replace it after verifying the replacement package had an insert in it, but then decided to just mail me the code insert instead, and I received it two days later, works fine.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2008 1:27:25 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 18, 2008 1:28:05 PM PST
M. Auxier says:
called the number 800-723-4763 & a recording at the beginning says to email name, address & phone number to contactus@disneystudiohelp.com. they will email you a proof of purchase form to complete & send. Then they turn around & send you a replacement code. hmmm.....better than mailing the whole DVD back. We shall see.

Jesus is Lord!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2008 4:05:03 PM PST
starskavaig says:
Thanks very much for the info, M. Auxier. I, too, have discovered the insert missing from my 3-disc package. Someone at Disney has a really big headache tonight!

I've emailed them and hope to get fast action on it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2008 6:31:17 PM PST
Yes I have The same Problem!. I'm In Long Beach and I got the special Edition in Wal-Mart to and I soon I notice that the code is missing I return it. Walk-Mart try to brain wash to me that my computer was the problem and i didn't put it the way it say. it piss me of and I make it to open a new one and there it go the code is missing to. So they return the money back to me. I Call Disney but it was close all ready and -MEN!!!!-- to go to all the prosses and then wait for 15 days or more. no way!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2008 7:36:11 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 18, 2008 7:39:47 PM PST
Raymond R says:
just bought it from wal-mart, same problem, no insert with the proper code on it. almost tore the box apart trying to look between the cardboard. e-mailed disney thanks to M. Auxier. hopefully they make it right.

edit: i bought Wall-E, not Nightmare Before Christmas, sorry, got linked from a different thread and didn't look at the thread discussion movie title.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2008 9:42:08 AM PST
...same Wal-Mart Wall-E problem here, and the discs in my DVD pack are definitely not up to par for what I paid for them. In this day and age of cost cutting and cutbacks I am afraid it will become even worse.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2008 6:24:42 PM PST
S. Escobar says:
Hmm. Peculiar. I bought my DVD with Amazon and it did have my WALL-E code and I also purchased my Nightmare Before Christmas DVD a couple months ago and it did have the code so I guess I was just lucky.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2008 7:06:40 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 20, 2008 7:07:20 PM PST
Raymond R says:
i e-mailed disney 2 days ago, and again today. earlier today i got an e-mail from disney with the activation code. no proof of purchase, upc, or receipt needed. no questions asked at all actually, they just sent an e-mail saying they were very sorry and provided a code for me. not bad! i'm pleasantly surprised at how they've handled this and their name is still in good standing, in my book at least :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2008 7:50:26 PM PST
Well Raymond R, you got lucky, I had to call in, because I sent an email as well, but never received any reply. So, I had to call in, give an explanation, and wait for a postage paid sticker. It came and I had to send in my DVD pack. I waited about 2 weeks or so, and I got it back with a code to get the Digital File download. So it worked, but I got my code the long way. Not cool. This helps someone. Take care!! ^_^ Jess XOXOXOXXOXOX

Posted on Feb 22, 2009 2:46:09 PM PST
Cant anyone just post the code they got from Disney to see if it will work with our copy?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2009 5:27:26 PM PST
Raymond R says:
i dont think posting the code will work because once you use it on that machine, that code is associated with a specific machine and will not work anywhere else...

Posted on Nov 19, 2009 10:22:32 AM PST
Be careful with these...I bought one because I can pla every other Windows media player video on my computer, but not this one. Disney Customer service was no help and gave me some blah blah blah...we apologzie....blah, blah blah...

They need to specify was is compatible and what is not. Just to say "certain" ones are is against common sense.

Posted on Dec 5, 2010 9:37:00 AM PST
Some of the codes are the same as the Disney Movie Rewards code. If you enter those online, you can retrieve the code.

Posted on Apr 29, 2011 3:19:01 PM PDT
V. Yuvan says:
OK So THANK YOU Nicholas for that information because in the case of UP the Disney Movie Rewards code WAS the Digital copy code and even though I no longer had it I HAD entered it into the Movie Rewards Program (wanted to get the stuffed Kevin and Baby for like peanuts) anyway took the chance that I could see my account history WITH codes and BINGO.

All Done.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 29, 2011 5:02:41 PM PDT
Glad I could help! I also got the stuffed Kevin and Baby!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  19
Total posts:  27
Initial post:  Oct 16, 2008
Latest post:  Nov 18, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas [VHS]
Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas [VHS] by Danny Elfman (VHS Tape - 1997)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (1,573)