Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on November 8, 2011
This book is life changing with a touch of humor and insight into humanity. There were so many things that I could relate to from my own past. The description of heaven was truly inspirational. Although this book is fiction, I highly recommend it to anyone who desires a tranformation in their life.
on March 3, 2003
In Fredonia, New York, Dylan Clark desperately needs to get his wife Lorraine back, but to do so he must change. However, before he can accomplish his life's quest, he knows he needs employment, but depressingly has no prospects having to count pennies to buy cigarettes. When he sees the note on a convenience store bulletin board that the Green Valley Christian Church seeks a custodian, he expects rejection, but instead Pastor Jacobson hires him.
The church congregation reaches out to Dylan inviting him to dinners, events, and Sunday services. Their outreach begins to provide solace to Dylan who begins to embrace Jesus though he still trips up like any human does. Though he still wants Lorraine at his side, Dylan has found comfort in the Lord. However, perhaps it is the mysterious ways, but an unconscious Dylan finally meets up with Lorraine in the hospital where she works at.
The key to this inspirational second chance at redemption novel is Dylan, who over the course of the plot learns what is really THE MISSING PIECE in his life. He starts off the tale with no hope tenuously clinging to one pathetic goal. Starting with the kindness of the Pastor, over time he begins to change and modifies his goals to something much loftier though he still wants Lorraine with him and he also takes backward steps on his journey. Readers who delight in tales that focus on second chance relationships with the Lord and beloved humans will relish Carol McCormick's heartening novel.
Harriet Klausner
0Comment18 of 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 9, 2012
I give this book three stars, because although it held my attention, nothing stood out from among the many other Christian fiction books I've read. My litmus test of a great book is one that you can't put down, and that you think about the characters as friends long after you are done. Honestly, after I finished this book, I had to work to remember the characters names.

It had it's good points: the main character struggles with addiction, and the author did a good job of portraying the consequences that follow addiction. I also liked how the author realistically portrayed the fact that even after giving his life to Jesus, the character still had to battle the intense desires of the flesh. So many Christian fiction writers act as if, after the character becomes a Christian, they no longer have any troubles or temptations.

The book was weak in some aspects of character development and detail. For example, our heroine obtained her nursing degree in 18 months? (Yes, I've very picky over accuracy of details). Also, at times I found the immaturity of the heroine annoying.

Overall, not a bad book. It's your typical, run-of-the-mill Christian fiction. I wouldn't read it again, but I also don't regret reading it.
on April 17, 2012
I was so caught up in this book because it was so believable. I could re-read this book over and over. I read it on my Kindle and I had a hard time putting it down to take a break. Carol McCormick did a wonderful job of leading the story to the next scene. This would make a great Hallmark movie. I was so drawn in to the reality of what the characters are dealing with that you almost felt as though you were in the story. Bravo Carol!
on April 5, 2013
Good story line but the writing leaves much to be desired. The writing style is bland. Unrealistic timeline and medical scenarios indicate the author does not research areas in which she has no knowledge or expertise.
on March 16, 2012
I love Christian fiction & Christian romance. But reading this book made me feel like I picked up a devotional rather than fun fiction. It's okay and I don't really regret reading it, but it wasn't that enjoyable.
on January 4, 2013
Gets rather boring and slow at times - I lost interest at one point and had a hard time getting thru the middle of the book.
on November 30, 2012
This is a fairly simple, gentle read about a Christian romance. A nice read and probably women would enjoy it more so than men. Unfortunately for me it was sorely in need of good editing and proof reading though
on March 20, 2013
Drowning in treacle would be better. There is a fine line between inspirational and heavy-handed. One's interesting and the other isnt. This flunked
on February 20, 2014
This book was ok. Just ok. But the narrator made is nauseating. He didn't do female voices well. He makes them sound like whining little girls. Really ruined it for me. I barely got through it. Considered not listening all the way through, many times.
He would often add "um" and - "a" that I'm sure were not in the writing. Drawing out the story as if he wanted it to last longer then it needed to.