Missing/deleted commentary track?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 7, 2007 7:28:35 PM PST
E. Lansing says:
I heard that the US version of the box set will not include the commentary track recorded by Tennant, Agyeman and Barrowman for "The Last of the Timelords". Is this true? (I haven't received my copy yet from Amazon.)

I heard that we get the audio podcast with Davies, Gardner and Collinson instead! What a ripoff!

Can anyone confirm?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2007 8:45:25 AM PST
Measi says:
I can confirm - the U.S. version has Davies, Gardner & Collinson.

Which is sad, because I *really* wanted to hear Tennant and Barrowman have a go together.

:(

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2007 8:44:39 PM PST
Cici says:
Yeah, 'fraid it's true; but if you dig around for it I'm sure you can find it somewhere on the net

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Doctor-Season-3-Commentary-Replaced/8461

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2007 7:17:00 PM PST
Amy says:
My friend heard the same rumor as to the reason -- they were singing on the commentary track. To be denied such an extra by music rights issues!!! As long as they have clearance for the songs in the episodes. I can't imagine what they'd replace those with. ;P

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2007 1:35:17 PM PST
I have the British version of season 3 and the deletion of the commentary is NOT due to a music rights issue, but the comments John Barrowman says about president Bush. Around 38:00 after time has been replaced to just moments after the president is killed, Freema asks, "is the American president is still dead?" and David confirms the question by saying, "The Amerian president is still dead." John says, "Oh well" and David and John start giggling and laughing. John then says, "Oh dang it wasn't real? We better be careful about what we say or we may not be able to travel," and they giggle some more. Then David says that, "This scene was recorded in August of 2007 just in case your watching this in the future and there is somebody marvelous in office." The three of them start laughing and John jumps in and says, "not like the idiot who is in there now," and they continue to laugh. John states, "not that David and I are political in any way" and the subject is dropped and they continue to discuss the scene at hand.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2007 3:03:45 AM PST
Helen A says:
Season 3 was just released in Australia and I can confirm that the commentary track with Tennant, Freema and Barrowman is included on the Region 4 release (although I only heard the start of it so far). So the omission on the US release is not likely to be music related - it would appear that Eric's theory may be correct?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Nov 7, 2007
Latest post:  Dec 8, 2007

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Doctor Who: The Complete Third Series
Doctor Who: The Complete Third Series by David Tennant (DVD)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (810)