Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-17 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 27, 2007 9:16:50 AM PST
TABBY says:
When we went to the theatre to see the film we were disappointed that so much of the book was cut out. We watched the blu-ray version of the movie, hoping it would be acceptable after a longer break from reading the novel it was based on. Only to find out that even more of the book was missing - almost an hour seems to have been cut out of the movie. What gives?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2008 3:38:02 PM PST
P. Edwards says:
The original theatrical release of the film as well as it's presentation on BluRay, HD-DVD and DVD are all 138 minutes long. You must have messed up something because there is no way an hour of the film can be missing when they all have the same running time.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2008 5:46:55 AM PST
TABBY says:
Did you actually see the film at the theatre? Remember when Harry and Cho went to the sweet shop on a date? That's just one of the many scenes not on the Blu-ray.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 5, 2008 7:25:33 PM PST
Sorry to disappoint you, Tabby, but it wouldn't be on the disc, blu-ray or otherwise, because it was never in the film in the first place. It was one of many things cut out(QUIDDITCH! Weasley is our King!) of the film. And I was hoping to see the Human Hosepipe... ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 19, 2008 9:45:04 PM PST
kristijo says:
i don't think so...i think there were several scenes cut from the theatrical release, too. i didn't imagine that scene between harry & cho when she was asking him about cedric and her crying. i vividly remember seeing that in the theater. and several other scenes....

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2008 6:02:15 AM PST
TABBY says:
Thank you, kristijo. I knew I wasn't imagining them since my brother and I had a very disappointed discussion over all of the missing scenes. It was bad enough about the stuff left out from the book, but then to cut even more out was unbelievable.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 21, 2010 7:53:15 PM PDT
Syb-Man says:
I just don't understand why they'd cut the scenes. It doen't make sense.

In HP5 . . .
1. Dudley explained to parents that Harry saved him.
2. Harry and Cho's Date in the candy shop.
3. Hermione was afraid to ride the Thestrals (invisible horses) and had to trust Harry.

These are not scenes from trailers that did not make the film. My wife hasn't read the books, but she remembers these scenes.

Where is the official explanation for selling edited versions of the movie without labeling the disc as such?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2010 9:46:23 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 27, 2013 2:20:12 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 7, 2011 5:06:51 PM PDT
lakerfan says:
you must have been hallucinating when you saw the film in the theater because none of these scenes were present in the theater...in the movie, dudley BLAMES harry for his state after the dementor attack --in fact harry didn't even get a chance to explain about the attack at all in the movie...the scene is dudley puking in a trash can..the dursleys asking who did this to him, dudley pointing to harry, and then the owl delivering the note about his expulsion from hogwarts. end of scene at theatre. the word dementor wasn't even uttered in the scene in the theater or discs.

the only romantic interaction between harry and cho is in the room of requirement by the mirror where she is wondering if cederic had know about the defense stuff he might not have died and harry explained that he did know it but voldemort was better and when voldemort decides to kill someone you don't stand a chance. cho is crying, she comments they are under the mistletoe, harry says it is probably full of nargles, and then they kiss...end of scene in the theatre. there was no date in the candy shop in the theater..in fact, the only scene in hogsmeade in the movie..both in the theater and on disc was in the hog's head when they signed up and formed dumbledore's army.

finally, there was no interaction nor comment in the theater version with hermione and the thesterals at all...the only thing that occurred was when neville asked how they were going to get to london and luna says "we fly of course" then it cuts to them flying thru the air on the thesterals. the only time hermione ever comments in a movie that she doesn't like flying is in the prisoner of azkaban when she and harry are flying on buckbeak to save sirius and he is explaining how he saw himself conjur the patronus and asks her if it makes sense and she says "i don't know but i don't like flying".

think you better go back and get the facts straight about the theater version...i saw it at least a half a dozen times in the theater along with many family members and we all agree on my comments as opposed you yours...those scenes never existed in the theater and therefore, could not have been cut from the dvd/blu ray discs

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 7, 2011 5:44:27 PM PDT
TABBY says:
Well if they can release the DVD differently than the theater version what's to stop them from showing different versions at different theaters? That's the only explanation for my "hallucinations". Thanks for your input.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2011 6:02:38 PM PDT
lakerfan says:
get a grip on reality...there is only 1 film...only 1 released in the theater and 1 released on the dvd...i would challenge you to do a poll of viewers of the theater viewers of the film from all over, perhaps via facebook or twitter or other means and you will find that there was only 1 version of the film released...or tom felton (draco malfoy) has a twitter account and responds regularly to tweets..perhaps it would be worth putting your mind to rest to twitter him to find that these scenes never were released in theaters...i don't know his twitter account but am sure you could somehow find it on the internet...i challenge you to tweet him and then report your findings.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 14, 2011 11:01:17 AM PDT
TABBY says:
Why so hostile? In the first place I don't tweet. In the second place, I went to the theater with someone who noticed the scenes were missing, too. So, if they weren't shown in your theater, then what's the explanation?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 14, 2011 12:14:39 PM PDT
Syb-Man says:
I agree with you, Tabby. My wife never read the books and she is the one who pointed out the discrepancies to me.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 14, 2011 5:34:06 PM PDT
lakerfan says:
cause you're being so narrow about doing further research about it instead you are being totally adamant...i have googled and wikipeadiaed it for the past hour and all the searches have done have: 1..stated that there was only 1 version of the film and 2.. have specifically pointed out that the scene where harry and cho were at madam puddlefoot's tearoom was not included anywhere in any film which ticked alot of people off and was not even filmed at all and so the only romantic scene was filmed in the room of requirement, which was the kiss, owing to the fact that it would require construction of a new set for just the one scene. i have asked not just one person and attended the theater with 10 people at the midnight showing and they all agree with me and you mention only going with one person and you don't mention asking anyone else if they remember it--have you, or have you done any research?.the only person who seems to share the same opinion with you is n ezzre and his wife could have heard about the story of the tearoom from someone who read the book who may have been sitting by her and commented about it not being in the movie or something and just thought she saw it in the movie later on ..plus if you go back and read some of the other posts, there are others who back me up and specifically say that this scene WAS NOT in the theater as well. for instance 1..princess_farmgirl's response to you on 1/5/08 @ 7:25 pm pst 2. chad calabraro's response on 11/29/10 @ 9:46 am pst says the same thing. i don't know why you are so closed minded that you are so unwilling to ask around and do some checking like i have... "i don't tweet" well, i don't tweet either, but there other ways of finding things out and i have used them. that's what google, wikipedia and harry potter sites are for...check them out...there are enough harry potter fanatics out there that you could ask...or are you afraid you will find out that you are wrong and have to admit it?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 15, 2011 7:11:02 AM PDT
TABBY says:
All I know is what I saw and what I didn't see. I never expected to be given the 3rd degree on this. I just wondered why they left out stuff from the Theater version on the Blu-ray version. If you didn't see the Tea shop scene at the theater, I don't have an explanation for why we did. My imagination is just not that good. Who knows what happened? I've learned to just live with it. I'm sure you can, too. Thanks for your input.

Posted on May 29, 2011 2:35:39 PM PDT
Alizae06 says:
I don't know about that scene, but I just watched the first 4 movies on ABC Family last week

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2011 4:44:27 PM PDT
lakerfan says:
me too and the abc family always inserts deleted scenes plus ones not featured on the dvd deleted scenes and i watched especially for that scene and it wasn't on the abc family version either...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  17
Initial post:  Dec 27, 2007
Latest post:  May 29, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions