4.0 out of 5 stars Solid score with a smokin' hot take on the theme.
Published on January 10, 2012 by Storylover

1.0 out of 5 stars choices are frustrating
I wanted to download the files to my hard drive. I tried 4 times to download the installer, but it failed each time even though my settings are exactly what Amazon recommends. I tried to refresh the browser, and my options changed from being able to download to only using the Cloud player. What happened to my choice?
Published 10 months ago by Neil Boumpani

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid score with a smokin' hot take on the theme., January 10, 2012
Storylover (Philadelphia, PA USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol (Audio CD)
Giacchino is one of the hot composers now in Hollywood, hot off an Oscar for his wonderful score for "Up". He has a special relationship with J.J. Abrams, and his Lost and Alias scores have some of the most consistently lovely and interesting scoring that I have heard in a television show. All of this had me quite excited about the Ghost Protocol score, and I couldn't wait to hear it. It is good--but honestly, it is not as original as I had hoped for. I heard an interview in which Giacchino discussed his interest in including a lot of regional instruments and sounds as the fabric of the score. To be fair, this has been accomplished, but the resultant score does not sound as original as I had hoped. Ultimately, this is a solid action movie soundtrack, with great strings, good percussion, and an exciting throbbing beat. The famous and fantastic theme from Mission Impossible is blended well throughout, and the actual theme itself is very stylishly done. The redo of the theme itself is definitely a highlight, and is perhaps the most enjoyable iteration yet. I've listened to this daily since I got it, as I had hoped that it would grow on me. It has, and I think that I am going to get more pleasure out of this in the future. I look forward to more scores from this exciting composer, but I will probably be heading back to my Lost scores in the mean time. Recommended for fans of MI and for fans of Giacchino; I'm not sure that much of this music will survive outside of context, however.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Near-Perfect Action Score From Giacchino, February 29, 2012
Kaya Savas (North Hollywood, CA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol (Audio CD)
Michael Giacchino has the rare honor of being the only composer to compose consecutive Mission: Impossible films. Danny Elfman kicked things off, Hans Zimmer followed and J.J. Abrams brought Giacchino to the table for the third outing. What is shared here is that Michael Giacchino is both Brad Bird's and J.J. Abrams go to composer. So I have to imagine Ghost Protocol to almost be like a buddy cop film behind the camera. Giacchino does a fantastic job with his second Mission: Impossible film. The difference here is that this is just full out fun instead of the third score that was taken so seriously.

Brad Bird's Mission: Impossible is more along the lines of a James Bond film than any of the previous entries, and Giacchino has plenty of fun with it this time. While the third film took itself very seriously and was an intense experience I felt like this time around I could relax a bit more. We knew we were going to see Ethan Hunt kick some ass, and the music matches that. We also get a lot more world flavor. Since we go globetrotting Giacchino infuses some pretty rad tracks with local flavors. "Mood India" is just plain awesome and "A Man, A Plan, A Code, Dubai" made me feel as if Lawrence of Arabia was going to ride in at any moment. The action cues are executed perfectly and are constructed with extreme precision. The builds and the drops all play excellently with the editing. The score feels animated and you can map the picture out pretty well by listening to the score. It's very rare to get an action score like this anymore especially fully orchestral. Giacchino makes the orchestra feel so alive and propulsive. I enjoy some good synth now and then like everyone else, but Giacchino's style makes it seem like synth is now obsolete. He makes orchestra seem like it's the forefront of technology in scoring and that synthesizers are the way of the golden age. It's really awesome.

I love Michael Giacchino. I grew up on Medal Of Honor and his music has always been a part of my life. He can make you cry if he wants to, he can make you curl up in your seat, or he can just be damn entertaining. In this case this is just one damn perfect action score. It's one of those you play over and over to enjoy every moment over again. Pure fun, pure adrenaline and pure Giacchino.

4.0 out of 5 stars Slightly better than the last score., January 2, 2012
The movie is great, much better than the lackluster (but still good) "Mission: Impossible III." That being said, I enjoyed the music for "Ghost Protocol" more as well. I'm still not a fan of recordist Dan Wallin's awful mixing, but at least he separates the brass instruments this time around instead of confining them to the center. The orchestra still sounds like it was recorded in a tiny garage, though, and I pray one day composer Michael Giacchino ditches Wallin and goes with a better engineer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Powerhouse Score, Mission Accomplished, January 17, 2012
This review is from: Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol (Audio CD)
This is a heck of a fun CD listening experience. Much like the movie itself, this score , while having some tremendous, aggressive action, is lighter in tone overall. The fun take on the MI theme in "Light The Fuse" sets the tone for a rollicking fun ride. There's some great over the top choir for the Kremlin scenes, and middle Eastern pastiche for the India scenes. Aside from the action, Giacchino has really always excelled at more emotional writing, and he writes a lovely, wistful ending cue for the movie's bittersweet finale. Great stuff all around, action - suspense - emotion - all wrapped up in some really great looking package design from Varese.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED !

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Score. Mission: Accomplished., January 4, 2012
Note: I have the score as mp3.

After a rousing and action-packed score for M:I-2, can it be repeated for Mssion: Impossible-Ghost Protocol? (I didn't bother with the score for M:I-III, as the movie itself was a major disappointment, in my opinion). The answer is an explosive YES. The music is really good, from the action-packed opening sequence until the climatic finale. "Your mission, should you choose to accept it..."

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Mission Impossible!, May 30, 2013
This review is from: Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol (Audio CD)
We're great Mission Impossible fans, both the movies and the original series and this is our favorite. Wonderful music on top of great acting and plot make this one a winner!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mission Accomplished, May 10, 2012
This review is from: Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol (Audio CD)
This is the best of the Mission Impossible scores. Giacchino has quickly become one of my favorite composers lately and proves why with this score. It has the theme at just the right spots and features some excellent action cues. If you're a Giacchino fan, I fully recommend this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Amazon MI4 CD Arrived Today!, January 14, 2012
This review is from: Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol (Audio CD)
This musical score enhanced each scene in the movie, and the movie is fantastic.The music is bold, melodic,energizing and quite beautiful.I enjoyed hearing the role that each instrument played in a specific part of the movie.The score, in my opinion, is timeless-( modern,yet classical).And what can I say about the original MI theme, which is played on this CD in the arrangement that is so familiar,--perfection! Great work, Michael Giacchino.

1.0 out of 5 stars choices are frustrating, June 19, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Agentsoundtrack, February 3, 2012
This review is from: Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol (Audio CD)
Mir gefällt der soundtrack sehr gut,habe schon den Trailer gesehen,
und freue mich auf den Film.
Mit Freundlichen Grüssen
R.Cavallaro

ARRAY(0xac4c7048)

Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol
Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol by Michael Giacchino (Audio CD - 2012)