5.0 out of 5 stars Thank God for Pink - Who Needs Another Britney Spears Anyway
Okay, I admit it...I'm thirty-something, and I REALLY like Pink's music. I mean, let's face it, her voice is wonderful! I loved most of the songs on "Can't Take Me Home", and I even love more of the songs on "Missundaztood". My favorites on this cd are "Don't Let Me Get Me", "Just Like A Pill", "18 Wheeler",...
Published on December 20, 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars Pink finds new direction
Pink's sophomore effort Missundaztood finds the 20-year-old Pennsylvanian acting less like an R&B bad girl and more like a pop-rock princess. Those expecting to find a "Can't Take Me Home Part II" are sadly mistaken. Fans of her first album must come into Missundaztood with clean ears. Gone are the urban "ching ching, bling bling" references, a new direction is...
Published on November 20, 2001 by Devon

‹ Previous | 154 55 5660 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Appalling!, January 14, 2002
This review is from: Missundaztood (Audio CD)
One of the other reviewers said if you want to expect R+B and Hip-hop you will be disappointed, and boy was I! It is full of pseudo-Bon Jovi rubbish. Check out the schmaltziest lyrics in the world on 'My vietnam'. At least Britney and Nsync have the integrity not to pretend they're something they're not. This isn't rock music (it just really wants to be), this isn't pop music, and (unfortunately) it isn't R+B (I bought the album without listening to it first on that mistaken impression). Yeah, 'Get the Party Started' is great. That's why it's the first single...it's the only good one on the album...and guess what? It wasn't written by her!!! I've wasted my money on this...and I strongly advise you not to do the same.

5.0 out of 5 stars This Rocks!, July 28, 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Missundaztood (Audio CD)
This cd is awesome.. Pink has a voice that could never be imitated...

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, July 6, 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Missundaztood (Audio CD)
Sorry, but I can't agree with the majority of the glaring reviews for this cd. This cd has three good songs on it; and those are the three that played on the radio. The rest of the cd is absolute garbage, and wouldn't have sold had it been put on the radio. The first song sounds good, until she is stopped and asked if she's doing an X-lax commerical. This makes sense, because we'd all much rather hear them talk about X-lax than listen to the song!!! (sarcasm) Songs like Dear Diary are terrible. I've listened to this cd about three times, and then I filed it away somewhere so I wouldn't have to see it anymore. Seriously, save your money. If you really like "Just Like a Pill", "Don't Let Me Get Me" and "Get This Party Started", buy them as singles, don't waste your time with the entire cd.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hmm..., November 13, 2004
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Missundaztood (Audio CD)
I think 'Pink' is doing her own kind of music, and not following Britney Spears or other pop people out there today but starting her own kind of music.

THis album is a good album, GREAT in fact, MUCH MUCH better than some of her CD's like her newest one.. the rock one. which I think is not that great..

buy this CD.

1.0 out of 5 stars the faded color pink, August 29, 2002
This review is from: Missundaztood (Audio CD)
Pink (more so than Brittney) is the utmost example of the pupetteer business of having a record deal. Pink has a good voice, but the "no one likes me, no one understands me" act is irritating and tiring. She tries so hard to be different, that it comes off as a pure ACT. Wasn't she R&B before? Don't tell me she's another Mariah coming out of her "True" shell.
She name-drops too much, but I give her credit for effort in writing lyrics that TRY to be controversial. If one is indeed so original and controversial, she wouldn't have to try so hard, and it would show!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is Great!, December 28, 2002
I really love this Cd. The songs are really great and I love them. I really enjoy listening to every song on the album, which is great and a rare find. I bought this Cd knowing two of the songs from the radio, and was surprised by how great it is. A must have for everyone.

2.0 out of 5 stars Pink shouldn't have gone 4 Non Blonde!, December 6, 2001
This review is from: Missundaztood (Audio CD)
I tried to listen to her new cd objectively and not to compare it to "Can't Take Me Home" since it has been made clear that it was not going to be the same style.
Well, Linda RUINED Pink!!
the words may be good but, i just cant sit and listen to this cd over and over like i was looking forward to doing. Only about half the songs are worth my time. the songs had no soul to them. no anger! no angst! no love! no GRRRL power! just passive lack of emotion.
Please, Pink! Your voice is fabulous and i look forward to a new cd with a new producer.

2.0 out of 5 stars Missundaztood = Diszappointing, December 7, 2001
This review is from: Missundaztood (Audio CD)
Pink is one of the few female stars in music today without blonde hair extensions and a doe-eyed stare, so I took a chance on Missundaztood after loving the "Get This Party Started" video -- but what a let-down. Aside from a few stand-outs (" . . Party" "18 Wheeler," "Respect") the album is a juvenile, pathetic attempt at channeling the same tired emotions from Alanis Morrissette and other Angry Young Women. Pink thinks her family is dysfunctional and boys are mean -- and that's about as deep as it gets. Even "Numb," a truly original and melodically complicated tune, has the same dumbed-down lyrics as the rest of the ballads. Nothing more than what I used to scrawl on the back of my notebooks in 7th grade. To make matters worse, the last half of the album is in the same, excruciatingly slow tempo, and the inanity of "My Vietnam" doesn't even warrant discussion. I believe there is hope since Pink does co-write most of the songs on Missundaztood. Maybe she will grow up a little in the next few years and give us some worthier tunes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, July 23, 2006
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Missundaztood (Audio CD)
Prety Good she has prety good songs my favortie Song is Get The Party Started she has alot of great music videos I wood anytime vote her for best music video so any good thank you

1.0 out of 5 stars She turned her back on her R&B fans, October 4, 2002
June (Palm Springs, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Missundaztood (Audio CD)
Pink was a hot, fierce, confident lil' thing when her 2000 debut CAN'T TAKE ME HOME came out. She was singing with soul and R&B/hip-hop grit, much like TLC, Mary J. Blige, and Monica. The only thing people found shocking or surprising was that Pink was white. Eventually, Pink got tired of singing R&B and being seen as a poser, so her second album is a hot mess of pop rock, new wave disco, and soul. Booo. Pink really shows us how fake she can be. She should have stuck to her R&B pop roots, since that's the music she built her name and fanbase on. Her lyrics are trite, and she surely doesn't seem to enjoy her youth much (some songs make her seem like she's a depressed old woman in her midlife crisis). "Get The Party Started", her hit which eclipsed all her other R&B hits, is catchy. And the soul-flavored R&B ballad "Eventually" takes me back to her old days. But the goodness ends there. Overall, Pink truly disappoints with this one. I'm still remembering her as the young, spunky and loveable R&B artist she was 2 and a half years ago.

‹ Previous | 154 55 5660 | Next ›

Missundaztood
Missundaztood by P!nk (Audio CD - 2001)