5.0 out of 5 stars Very Promising New Author!
Published on September 13, 2011 by KSauve

I, personally, wasn't able to get into it very well. I believe this is because I just wasn't able to like the main character very well in the beginning of the story. She was rather shallow, arrogant and snooty and it made me dislike her a bit, meaning I wasn't as engaged with what was happening to her later.
I would recommend this book to others who I believe would...
Published 5 months ago by Michelle Keane

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Promising New Author!, September 13, 2011
This review is from: Mist in Power (Paperback)
I'm not big on vampire stories but I read this out of curiosity after it was recommended to me and I'm very glad I did. AND stayed up late to finish it. The settings were sometimes vague but that seemed to be deliberate. There was some nasty violence but this was after all a vampire story. But it's well worth the read. The heroine was well drawn and fleshed out. There was plenty of tension and suspense to keep my attention and irony. But there was also surprising sweetness and whimsy (from rats of all things!)that wasn't expected but very welcome. This was a tasty book and very satisfying but it did leave me wanting more. I can't wait for Julie Abraham to write another one!

4.0 out of 5 stars A different take on Vampire lore, August 10, 2012
Heather (Seattle, WA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mist in Power (Kindle Edition)
It's definitely not Twilight! This is a more young adult book that touches on a lot of subjects that affect young women. A gritty and real female lead is refreshing.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great view of Vampires in modern day life, March 12, 2012
Bruce E. Morton (Seatac, WA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mist in Power (Kindle Edition)
The characters in this story feel so real that you wonder if this story is biographical instead of fiction. The views in this story show another side of Vampires and what their day to day life may be like and the fact that Vampires started out as humans and still have some human feelings and emotions.

The author looks at life from a few different angles all at the same time while staying focused on the main characters. While you read this book you will keep saying "I never thought of that" and be happy that the author did. I was very satisfied with the book and look forward to more by this author.

3.0 out of 5 stars I believe this is because I just wasn't able to like the main character very well in the beginning of ..., September 15, 2014
This review is from: Mist in Power (Kindle Edition)
I would recommend this book to others who I believe would truly enjoy it. It is very well written and is an interesting concept.

Mist in Power
Mist in Power by Julie Abraham (Paperback - June 28, 2011)
$8.50