Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc blink-182 Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 3, 2000
You must love the smartly dressed receptionist in Bennie's 'all girl' firm? No, it was a fashion house, there were enough clothing descriptions through the book for me to deem it that. This is the first Lisa Scottoline novel I've read and it's, well, readable? The climax of the book was so unbelievable, Ford Exporer climbing steps? Give your head a shake. I cared nothing for the characters at that point either. Time to read a Pulitzer prize winner, perhaps a Nobel,or a Booker because I know this author's coming back with her identical twin...what will she be wearing?
on June 23, 2010
I have become a HUGE fan of Lisa Scottoline since I started reading her books a little over a year ago. Some of them (like Daddy's Girl, Dirty Blonde and The Vendetta Defense) are flawless. This book should have been one of them, except (uh-oh here it comes) the frequent and over-use of the "F" word, and one use of the "C" word. Let me state that I am not a prude or goody-two shoes, just an average middle aged guy. I know that these words are used liberally in these modern times, I just don't feel like hearing and reading them constantly. I also realize that it would be in the nature of certain characters to use these words. That's almost OK, but when these words are written within the text and not part of a quote, that's different. It appears that Ms. Scottoline uses these words in her earlier books and has not used them in her latest books. This makes the later books much more appealing to me (and I wouldn't hesitate to lend them to my mother to read). So, since I can't split my stars, I have to give this book a 3, based entirely on the language. Otherwise, it's a 5 star book all the way! I have fallen in love with Rosato & Associates, the plot was excellent, the writing was crisp without boring legal stuff, and there's a plot twist in the last 10 pages or so that I did NOT see coming (you probably won't see it coming, either). Now to read the other books in the Alice Connolly thread.
on March 27, 1999
"Mistaken Identity" is Lisa Scottoline's sixth and best book yet. This former Edgar Award winner gets better with every novel. "Mistaken Identity" and "Rough Justice", her previous novel, bring back previous heroines -- Bennie Rosato, Mary DiNunzio, and Judy Carrier. It is most enjoyable to see the character of each of these three lawyers continue to develop.
In "Mistaken Identity", Lisa makes excellent use of her legal background to depict courtroom scenes as only a lawyer could. The plot itself is unique in that Bennie finds herself defending a prisoner, Alice Connolly, who claims to be Bennie's twin. Although the book is almost 500 pages, it is an extremely fast read. As in all of her novels, the suspense is non-stop, from beginning to end.
In her "Acknowledgements", Lisa reveals that she did not discover until she was in her thirties that she had a half-sister. So, the book has a special meaning for her. She has meticulously researched the subject of twins and provides the reader with five references for additional information.
Lisa has a marvelous website . Months ago, readers were given an opportunity to edit the first chapter of "Mistaken Identity". This additional dimension to Lisa's creativity further bonds the reader to an outstanding author.
on September 4, 2015
Lisa Scottoline's previous books were OK. This one was all fill in. It was like she did not really have a story and needed to fill it up with room, dress, and people descriptions. I spent a lot of time scan reading to finally get to the story. All in all the story was not only poorly crafted it was not even slightly believable. I have all her books listed to read but I am not sure I will. Need to think about it.
on July 1, 2015
This Scottoline book had more than the typical set of surprises which made it all the more entertaining. I love endings that wait until the actual end to let you know who did what. This was a good one.
on February 8, 2015
I started off reading this series with book 7 but liked it so much that I ended up buying the entire series. I really the stories and how Scottoline builds the characters over each book. Of course you don't have to read them in order and that is great too.
on February 21, 2000
This was my first, and probably last, of Lisa Scottoline's novels. I was very disappointed in the end (reminded me of Grisham's "Testament") in that there were many unanswered questions. The story really didn't live up to the review on the back cover. I won't be passing this book on to friends. A very disappointed amount of money spent and several hours wasted. I kept thinking it would get better, it never did.
on June 22, 2014
Another one of Lisa Scottoline's good books. Witty and suspenseful. Scottoline writes in a way that makes you think these are actual lives that are being lived. You begin to identify with her characters, which makes the read that much more fun. She is a master suspense writer and I enjoy her books immensely. I think I have read all of them and now I don't know what to pick up to read. Her characters have become family to me, and I am bereft because there are no more books of hers to read.
on August 29, 2014
I love the "Rosato and Associates" series. It is funny, heartwarming and down to earth, in a "legal thriller" sort of way. This one was a little over done, when it comes to the relationship between Rosato and her client. It was still enjoyable.
on January 15, 2014
I found Lisa Scottoline's books because they are set in Philadelphia, where I grew up. But I am pleased to find that also they are highly entertaining books with exciting plots and interesting characters. The twin story is a lot of fun. I loved Nancy Drew books as a child and am drawn to these books in a similar way on a more mature basis. Each chapter makes you want to maybe read for just a few minutes more so you can find out what happens next.
These are well-written, fast-moving mysteries with some depth, humor, character development and a satisfying conclusion.