Published on December 23, 2008 by Mr. Alan Chivers

First off I want to say NYPD Blue is one of my all time favorite shows. This is not a rating of the season itself, per se, but a rating of it's presentation on Amazon Instant Video. The first five episodes of season six are among the best written, directed and performed of any episodic televison series. I think it is the pinnacle of NYPD Blue.

Unfortunately,...
Published 14 months ago by Mr. Dana

5.0 out of 5 stars "NYPD Blue" (like "St. Elsewhere") is a masterpiece of literate television., December 23, 2008
Mr. Alan Chivers (PORT MACQUARIE, NEW SOUTH WALES Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: NYPD Blue: Season 6 (DVD)
"NYPD Blue" (like "St. Elsewhere") is a masterpiece of literate television storytelling which needs to be released in its entirety, but I would really appreciate the opportunity to pick up with Seasons 5 and 6 in 2009 to complete the "Bobby Simone" (Jimmy Smits) years. Of course, the "Danny Sorenson" (Rick Schroder) and "John Clark Jr." (Mark-Paul Gosselaar) years enabled "Andy Sipowicz" (Dennis Franz) to develop into one of television's most celebrated characters / actors. Indeed, I suspect that together with its strong supporting cast "NYPD Blue" may be one of the strongest ensembles for television drama since "St. Elsewhere". Everytime I reflect on this show's achievements it makes me pine for it more and more. The question is...After so so many fans out there requesting further dvd releases, is it enough for Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment to act on???

P.S. As of October 12th, 2009 still no word for a Season 5 and 6 release, however, I do understand that some of the major studios are opening up their catalogues using the Manufacture On Demand concept. Please, Please, Please TCFHE!!!! Please make Seasons 5 and 6 of this crowd pleaser available MOD. Be rest assured, there are many of us who will pay up front for this title.

5.0 out of 5 stars Greatest TV drama, December 13, 2008
This review is from: NYPD Blue: Season 6 (DVD)
NYPD Blue fans, our silent vigil continues. I can only hope that the creation of this Season 6 page means that there is light at the end of the tunnel, that this series will finally be released on DVD.
This is the king of TV dramas in my view, and it's stunning that it hasn't made it past Season 4.

I'm begging you people, please release this!

5.0 out of 5 stars If you make the DVD, we will purchase., March 31, 2009
This review is from: NYPD Blue: Season 6 (DVD)
I would be willing to pay in advance if that is what it takes. I don't understand why season 6 has not already been released....

5.0 out of 5 stars Most wonderful episode... cut short, June 13, 2012
David Barro (PA, United States) - See all my reviews
High praise to Amazon Prime for offering these episodes lost to the DVD community online. Some of these wonderful episodes were originally aired in a 90-minute timeslot instead of the standard 60-minute slot, with a bunch of extra scenes. In the Amazon Prime library, some of the episodes have been retained in full-length. Unfortunately, this one episode, "Hearts and Souls", probably the highest-rated of all episodes in the show's amazing 12-year span, was one 90-minute episode which was NOT retained as such. In subsequent airings in syndication, a 60-minute version was used. To my dismay, and that of every true NYPD Blue fan, the Amazon Prime library catalogs the 60-minute version and not the 90-minute version.

I hope that somehow Amazon Prime can restore the original 90-minute length to this episode, since it has done so with the other 90-minute episodes.

5.0 out of 5 stars NYPD Blue 5 & 6, November 4, 2008
This review is from: NYPD Blue: Season 6 (DVD)
This is my all-time favorite TV show. Please hurry with seasons 5 & 6.

5.0 out of 5 stars Where's the DVD?, November 26, 2012
I read that seasons 5 and 6 are coming out on DVD but only in AUSTRALIA! What is that? Echoing the sentiments of every comment on every Amazon NYPD Blue page, PLEASE RELEASE THE REST OF THE SEASONS ON DVD IN THE USA!

5.0 out of 5 stars even better the second time, January 11, 2014
This was a fantastic show, way ahead of its time. They dont make them like that anymore. Highly recommended to see again or for the first time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Show, January 9, 2014
I really enjoy this series,So much better than whats on tv today .The characters are so real, you feel like you know them.

2.0 out of 5 stars Season Six on Instant Video Contains a Syndicated Version Episode, September 25, 2013

Unfortunately, on Amazon Instant Video there's serious flaw in what is the best NYPD Blue episode, "Hearts and Souls", which as you probably know is Jimmy Smits last regular appearance. This episode originally aired as a 90-minute episode, so it should run about 63 minutes without commercials. On Amazon Instant Video it runs only 46 minutes, which mean a hatchet job was done on the editing. It is, in fact, the syndicated version of this episode. This not to say Amazon.com is necessarily to blame. This is apparently how the episode was supplied to them by the Studio(or whoever currently owns the show). However, there is no warning about that anywhere on the site. No efforts seem to have been made thus far to correct it. The editing of this episode completely ruins it by eliminating the entire subplot, and even a small portion of the main plot. I don't know if this is the case when you download the episode or the entire Season 6, but was certainly enough to prevent me from buying the season, as I had originally planned on doing.

This is a serious error that needs to be corrected by Amazon.com ASAP.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best show, June 16, 2013
I love this show and own the firts 5 seasons been looking everywhere for the rest..... I'm glad I can watch it anywhere on my I- pad, but they need to make an android app....