2,345 Reviews
 (1,027)

2,027 of 2,047 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome once you know the tricks
Works great, especially with olive oil, but there are a couple of tricks to getting the most out of it. First, fill it only half way. Second, if you twist the top after each use to release the pressure you can avoid clogging problems. My first one lasted only a year or so because I had not learned that 'releasing the pressure' trick and the nozzle got irreparably clogged...
Published on January 3, 2005 by L. A. Kane

1.0 out of 5 stars Great for two months
I loved this product when I first got it, it worked wonderfully and I thought "why spend 2.99 per spray can, when I can buy a misto once?" Well, for the two months it actually worked, I don't think I got my money's worth. Now it just shoots a stream of oil no matter how much i pressurize it. I've tried cleaning it several times, even soaking it overnight, to...
Published on December 17, 2002 by Ed

‹ Previous | 197 98 99235 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not work!, January 29, 2014
This product did not work. We could not get the thing to spray AT ALL. The sprayer would not even depress. We are returning it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, January 28, 2014
This review is from: Misto Brushed Aluminum Olive Oil Sprayer (Kitchen)
Not totally easy to clean, has quite a few "parts" to it, but great product as long as you read the instructions. The olive oil mist lasts quite a while before needing to "re-pump". Definitely a money saver and healthier option if you use a lot of Pam cooking sprays. It also has a very classy look if you have to store it on your open shelf or counter top.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, January 28, 2014
This review is from: Misto Brushed Aluminum Olive Oil Sprayer (Kitchen)
Bought from bed bath and beyond. Worked fine for about 3 months and then started acting up. Followed directions but oil either comes out like a stream or too much mist that goes every where except the pot.

3.0 out of 5 stars Could save money over time, mine came kinda beat up or maybe even used?, January 28, 2014
This review is from: Misto Brushed Aluminum Olive Oil Sprayer (Kitchen)
This is a pretty cool idea, and works well. But mine came with some of the logo rubbed off and some weird spots on the outer part of the can. Luckily it's useable, and i've used it many times since then. I would suggest using heavier oils with this (extra virgin) as something like canola oil can seem a bit watery if you're looking for thickness and flavor.

1.0 out of 5 stars Mist too fine. Coating my walls?, January 28, 2014
This review is from: Misto Brushed Aluminum Olive Oil Sprayer (Kitchen)
My issue is that the mist is coming out too fine and I can see the "cloud of oil" created by this super fine mist floating around my cooking surface and back splash on the wall instead of landing in the pan. I tried fewer pumps thinking I was over pressurizing it but can't seem to find the balance of pressure between sputtering oil and fine mist creation. I had to stop using my sprayer.

4.0 out of 5 stars So far, it is awesome, January 27, 2014
This review is from: Misto Brushed Aluminum Olive Oil Sprayer (Kitchen)
I recently switched to the Mediterranean Diet which emphasizes ingesting healthy fats like olive oil. I like having the ability to mist olive oil over Brussel sprouts (or anything else) so I can bake them. I was skeptical but decided to give this a shot. It does just exactly what it is supposed to do. You fill it half-way, pump 10-15 times, then spray a nice oil mist. I release the pressure when I am done as noted in the first review, and so far, all is good.

At $10, this is a great solution to mist oil. It probably won't last forever, but it is worthwhile nevertheless.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good... more of an oil spatterer than sprayer., January 27, 2014
This review is from: Misto Brushed Aluminum Olive Oil Sprayer (Kitchen)
After going through countless aerosol cans of cooking oils over the years, we finally decided to wise up and get a pumper-type oil sprayer... sight unseen, we even bought a couple extras for gifts. The initial quality of the package and product look good, the aluminum canister is very thin and lightweight, but I bet would dent very easily if knocked off the counter. Following and the instructions, reading reviews and watching the videos on how to use the product, it seemed a lot of build-up for a seemingly simple concept and product. Upon using the product, I have to say it's not all that great and certainly not a replacement for aerosol spray oils.

The device splatters more than sprays; imagine dipping a toothbrush in oil and flicking with one's thumb into a pan and you have an equivalent effect, albeit less shiny and kitchen counter appropriate. They definitely Misto the mark on this one.

We will be returning the non-used Misto's to Amazon, as I don't want to give a gift that has such poor performance.

4.0 out of 5 stars Like it a lot., January 26, 2014
My first one was defective and a replacement was quickly shipped. I love using the Misto because I no longer have to use compressed aerosol cans which are harmful to the environment and me. I also like it because I can choose an organic oil which is better for me also.

3.0 out of 5 stars just ok., January 26, 2014
This review is from: Misto Brushed Aluminum Olive Oil Sprayer (Kitchen)
One thing I don't like is how oily it gets around the tip area as I use it more. It won't let us use up the oil, either. I have to top it off, instead of using it up. I don't feel comfortable mixing old oil with new oil.

I do like how it splashes less oil, though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mist factor, January 26, 2014
This review is from: Misto Brushed Aluminum Olive Oil Sprayer (Kitchen)
Works well as stated, just remember to follow the directions. Will probably order more in the future, as this would be great as gifts for others.

‹ Previous | 197 98 99235 | Next ›