5.0 out of 5 stars don't buy it here
Don't buy it here, I just went and bought this at Linen's and Things for $8.00. Amazon is selling it for nearly $30.00.
Published on January 20, 2006 by D. Palmier

1.0 out of 5 stars Plastic interior-Stainless only outside
Published on January 7, 2011 by Serris

1.0 out of 5 stars Plastic interior-Stainless only outside, January 7, 2011
This review is from: Misto Stainless Steel Olive Oil Sprayer (Kitchen)
I bought this to spray olive oil, thinking Stainless steel is what the oil would be in. The steel is only for looks; The entire interior is plastic, and if you want to avoid the health problems associated with BPA or phthalates -chemicals found in most plastics (endocrine system disruptors... & who knows what other health problems are yet to be discovered by consuming foods stored in plastics) then AVOID this product. Plastics with BPA & phthalates are banned in the European Union & some other countries. Why isn't there (apparently) a stainless steel oil mister on the market? Misto makes an aluminum sprayer without a plastic interior, so why add a plastic interior to the stainless version? ( I want to avoid aluminum as well). Misto, are you listening?

3.0 out of 5 stars Worked great for a couple of months only, April 5, 2010
ImAGoen (Kansas City, MO) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Misto Stainless Steel Olive Oil Sprayer (Kitchen)
The misto sprayer worked great but only for a couple of months. I have used it with both olive and canola oils. At first is sprayed as advertised. After a while the spray will turn into a stream of oil. This was resolved by cleaning the sprayer. However, after about two or three months the oil would only come out as a stream and not a spray, even after cleaning it following the manufacturer's instructions.

5.0 out of 5 stars don't buy it here, January 20, 2006

5.0 out of 5 stars Use it constantly, August 9, 2010
This review is from: Misto Stainless Steel Olive Oil Sprayer (Kitchen)
Great little idea, works well, & requires a bit of TLC. Release the pressure after use, and if it will be sitting for a couple of days, empty and clear the spray nozzle. I'm considering a second unit for other cooking oils.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, February 10, 2011
This review is from: Misto Stainless Steel Olive Oil Sprayer (Kitchen)
I've been using my sprayer for a year now for olive oil and absolutely love it. I soak it before I refill it every time and have no problems with it and get a nice spray every time! So convenient as I detest Pam and all of it's counterparts for the weird taste and sticky residue if you bake with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, but don't buy it for $30, July 28, 2007
I've been using the Misto sprayer for several months now and love it. It does require one to stop to "recharge" (repump) when spraying quite a bit, but that should be expected from a non-aerosol, self-pumping spray bottle. Think of it as a good way to save money and help the environment. While it's an excellent product, don't buy it for $30 as advertised here. You can find it for roughly $8-$10 on Linens n Things or Bed, Bath, and Beyond.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great sprayer!!!, August 29, 2010
This review is from: Misto Stainless Steel Olive Oil Sprayer (Kitchen)
I use this sprayer every day. I have had it for about 9 months now and it works great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little sprayer, March 3, 2011
This review is from: Misto Stainless Steel Olive Oil Sprayer (Kitchen)
I got this because I needed to cut down on the use of oils and this really helps. Instead of pouring oil in a pan I use this to spray it and use about half as much as I would have otherwise. I really like it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not perfect but better than nothing!, December 20, 2010
K. Knoch (Sherwood, OR USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Misto Stainless Steel Olive Oil Sprayer (Kitchen)
I really dislike using the commercial spray oils due to the chemicals and bad oils that they use in them. I wanted to know what oil I was using, so thought this product would be a good way to use spray oil for baking and cooking. I own two of the stainless steel Misto oil sprayers and keep one with oil for baking and one with olive oil for cooking.

This product isn't perfect, but it's good enough for now and more convenient than getting out a bottle of oil and using the paper towel method to spread it, or using an oil brush. It's just that sometimes the oil comes out in a stream instead of a mist, no matter what I do to the sprayer. I'm working around it though since it's more convenient to use this than my other methods, but I do wish of course that it worked well all of the time. I do let the air out of the sprayer after each use, and clean it properly too but it has not helped.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent product, July 26, 2010
This review is from: Misto Stainless Steel Olive Oil Sprayer (Kitchen)
Great product! Does away with the need to buy cooking sprays like PAM, with who-knows-what chemicals added. We have the non-stainless steel version at home and the stainless version on our boat.

Rate and Discover Movies