5.0 out of 5 stars Works great! A real review.
Published on August 18, 2011 by C. Schlafke

2.0 out of 5 stars It does cool, but it's gooey
This product absorbs water and stays cool like it says, but it seems to have a slimy feel to it when wet. I didn't like the thought of goo residue sitting on my skin. Not sure what's on the inside, but my guess is that it's something like those little gel balls that grow in size when wet. It doesn't stain or irritate, it's just a gross feeling for me.
Published 20 months ago by marcy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great! A real review., August 18, 2011
C. Schlafke (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: MistyMate 17000 Arctic Tie, Colors may vary (Lawn & Patio)
Unlike the moronic review by the guy who hasn't even used the product but gave it 2 stars anyway, I actually used mine. It does just what it says. The beads swell up and form a tube-like portion that goes on the back of your neck and evaporation keeps you cooler. I'm working in 100 degree weather for 12 hours on a tv show -constant sun baking me, and this bandana, along with good shirts and a hat, have been a godsend. I think this is a great find!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, March 23, 2012
This review is from: MistyMate 17000 Arctic Tie, Colors may vary (Lawn & Patio)
Living in south Florida, the heat is a real issue especially when I'm on the golf course or backpacking. I bought this not know whether or not it would really help, but it really does. The tie soaks up an impressive amount of water and even a day later is still pretty cool to the touch. I'm impressed!

5.0 out of 5 stars This really works!!!, March 6, 2012
Sheri Spain (Decatur, IL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: MistyMate 17000 Arctic Tie, Colors may vary (Lawn & Patio)
I am so impressed with this product! I am a diabetic on insulin and have a great deal of trouble regulating my blood sugar when I am in the heat. I walk 3 miles a day in my hilly neighborhood and in past years have not been able to walk when it is above 75 degrees as I get too overheated. I saw this product and decided to give it a try. I haven't needed it for a walk yet since it is winter, but the test I did in my kitchen was impressive. When soaked for a few minutes the Misty Mate filled with water and was nice and cold to the touch. I have also ordered a spare so when the first warms up I have a back up. I can't wait to use it when the weather warms up. I see many more walks this summer than in the past!

2.0 out of 5 stars It does cool, but it's gooey, January 16, 2013
This review is from: MistyMate 17000 Arctic Tie, Colors may vary (Lawn & Patio)

1.0 out of 5 stars Manufacturer Overfilled The Tie With the Crystals - Can't Bend It, August 11, 2012
This review is from: MistyMate 17000 Arctic Tie, Colors may vary (Lawn & Patio)
I bought two of these and there's one major defect and a misleading instruction:

1. The tie is filled with crystals that soak up water and greatly expand. In my opinion, IT'S OVERFILLED such that when you leave it immersed in water for awhile, the crystals expand to the point IT CAN'T BEND AND YOU CAN'T TIE IT AROUND YOUR NECK. It's just one very long tubular bandana. Think of it like a long balloon -- the kind you make into animals for the kids -- inflated. (Actually, it would be easier to tie around your neck!) To make it useable, I applied great pressure on it until the crystals oozed out of the seams. Some flowed into the end of the tie and I made a small cut to extract the surplus crystals.

2. The instructions say to pre-wash the tie before use. I guess it's to avoid any red or blue dye from bleeding on your clothes. BE SURE TO SOAK IT IN FRESH WATER BEFOREHAND! If you don't, the crystals will soak up the soapy water. If they're filled with fresh beforehand, they're less likely to absorb the detergent but you'll still have problems getting them completely soap free.

5.0 out of 5 stars I need this living in Florida!, April 3, 2013
This review is from: MistyMate 17000 Arctic Tie, Colors may vary (Lawn & Patio)
This is awesome! I can go out after cooling the towel in cold water for 3-5 minutes and it lasts for hours. All I have to do is find a sink or water fountain when I am on the go, squeeze lightly to distribute crystals and I am shopping again for a few more hours. This is a must have. DO Not Squeeze the towel too tight as their are crystals in it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money!, August 7, 2012
This review is from: MistyMate 17000 Arctic Tie, Colors may vary (Lawn & Patio)
I have seen a similar product on the shopping channel and regret not ordering if from there instead. Perhaps that version really works! The beads definitely swell, however, they have absolutely no cooling effect. Not even cool to the touch! The demonstration on the shopping channel illustrates temperature change and has good customer reviews plus you receive several neck bands instead of just the singular one for a slighter higher price! I learned my lesson today! I would hate for someone to purchase this for the Soldiers in hopes of making them more comfortable and it not performing as indicated. Sorry!

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't do much more than make you look silly, July 20, 2012
This review is from: MistyMate 17000 Arctic Tie, Colors may vary (Lawn & Patio)
I really wanted to love this. Being over 100 degrees since what feels like March I need a way to stay cool when outdoors. The problem is this really doesn't keep you cool as much as just get you wet with warm water. Another issue is the size. Anyone with a normal or larger size neck with only be able to toss this around their neck and it looks silly. Also, once it dries out it is harder to get all the beads to absorb the water again. Look elsewhere if you want to stay cool.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice to have a wet neck wrap, July 31, 2012
This review is from: MistyMate 17000 Arctic Tie, Colors may vary (Lawn & Patio)
I bought this for when I am in the heat of the day. I use it for both a neck wrap and a head band style wrap. Once you soak the tie for 5 minutes it is nice and plump and keeps moisture near your skin. I did end up with it being a little stinky from the old sweat but a little Oxyclean fixed that and now it smells fine.

3.0 out of 5 stars It does stay cool for a couple hours when soaked for about five ..., July 5, 2014
This review is from: MistyMate 17000 Arctic Tie, Colors may vary (Lawn & Patio)
Purchased at a golf shop at mt. Meadows. It does stay cool for a couple hours when soaked for about five mins. I gave 3 stars because the beads seep out of the bandana. If it didn't leak would have given it four. Also, the bandana does swell up for those who don't know. I don't seem to mind tho. I have a large neck and this wraps almost all the way around my neck.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›