Mitsubishi WD-73738 3D DLP Home Cinema TV offers a larger than life, intensely vivid 2D, and fully immersive 3D viewing experience. In huge screen size of 73", Mitsubishi 3D DLP Home Cinema TVs deliver incredible picture performance at an exceptional value, and completely define the large screen 3D entertainment category.
Mitsubishi's 73-inch WD-73738 1080p DLP Home Cinema HDTV utilizes the same core DLP technology that's used in the vast majority of 3D movie theaters. DLP technology is up to 1,000 times faster than LCD technology--providing for a more realistic, sharper 2D and 3D viewing experience. It comes equipped with 3D-ready viewing technology, providing the best option for enjoying 3D content in the home.
It also includes Mitsubishi's Smooth 120 Hz technology for more fluid, natural and smoother fast moving images and x.v.Color--a new industry standard for HD Color, co-developed by Mitsubishi). Other features include StreamTV Internet Media (with access to the VUDU HD movie rental site and more), three HDMI inputs, stereo speakers with 20 watts of total power, and Energy Star 4.0 qualification.
- 73-inch Digital Light Processing (DLP) panel uses Texas Instruments Digital Light Processing technology for rear-projection TVs to create the picture you see on screen.
- 3D TV: Experience the new 3D technologies applied to many recent movies and video games. Immerse yourself in your favorite video game, movie, or sporting event displayed in 3D (requires optional 3D eyewear).
- 1080p Full HD resolution (1920 x 1080 pixels)
Mitsubishi's Plush1080p upscaling.
- StreamTV Internet Media access provides instant access to an extensive library of high-quality entertainment and social media content. Grab your remote and choose from over 100 different streaming applications, including VUDU HD movie rentals, Pandora, Flickr, Picasa, Facebook, Twitter, Associated Press, The New York Times and more. VUDU Movies features the world's largest catalog of HD movies with more than 3,000 movies, and its HDX video format is the only streaming 1080p HD video with high-resolution surround sound available directly on Internet-connected televisions.
- Plush1080p 5G 12-Bit video processing converts lower-resolution signals to 1080p to eliminate jagged pixelated imagery.
- Smooth120 technology for more fluid, natural motion from fast-moving video such as sports, action movies, and more.
- 6-Color Processor takes the three primary colors (red, green, and blue) of the video signal and extracts three secondary colors (cyan, yellow, magenta) in order to individually process each color for greater accuracy.
- DeepField imager constantly adjusts panel brightness and contrast to optimize the picture.
- EdgeEnhance technology enhances horizontal and vertical edges for a more precise picture with minimum distortion.
- 2 stereo speakers (10w x 2) for 20 watts of total power
- Integrated HDTV tuner receives both over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (received via an antenna) and non-scrambled digital cable broadcasts, including non-scrambled HDTV cable programming.
- HDMI Control (CEC): HDMI devices with Consumer Electronics Control (CEC) capabilities may be compatible with the TV's HDMI Control feature. Compatible devices can receive control signals through the HDMI connection, allowing the TV's remote control to operate some functions of these devices.
- Easy Connect function automatically recognizes when you plug in a device and prompts you to assign a name to it. The TV ignores any unused inputs, so the result is an uncluttered menu where you can easily find and select connected devices by name.
- One USB port provides accessory power only.
- Wired networking via Ethernet port
- Energy Star 4.0 qualified
- HDMI (with CEC): 3
- Component: 2
- Composite A/V: 2 (shared with Component)
- RF: 1
- USB port: 1 (for updates and maintenance)
- Digital audio output: 1 optical
- See a larger image of the rear jack pack
What's in the Box
Mitsubishi 738 Series 3D DLP HDTV, remote control (with batteries), owner's manual
|Series: ||Unisen 154 ||Unisen 164 ||Unisen 265 ||3D Cinema 638 ||3D Cinema 738 ||3D Cinema 838 ||LaserVue |
|Models: ||LT-55154 ||LT-40164 |
|Panel type ||LED LCD ||LED LCD ||LED LCD ||DLP ||DLP ||DLP ||DLP |
|3D Ready ||-- ||-- ||-- || || || || |
|Resolution ||1080p ||1080p ||1080p ||1080p ||1080p ||1080p ||1080p |
|Refresh Rate ||True120Hz ||True120Hz ||True240Hz ||120Hz Sub-Frame ||Smooth120 ||Smooth120 ||Smooth120 |
|Wireless Internet ||Ready ||Built-in ||Built-in ||-- ||Ready ||Ready ||-- |
|Bluetooth Music Streaming ||-- || || ||-- ||-- || ||-- |
|Immersive Sound Technology ||Yes, 12 speakers ||Yes, 16 speakers ||Yes, 18 speakers ||-- ||-- ||Yes, 16 speakers ||-- |
|StreamTV Internet Media || || || ||-- || || || |
|Plush1080p Upscaling || || || || || || || |
|EdgeEnhance ||-- || || ||-- || || || |
|Dark Detailer ||-- ||-- ||-- ||-- ||-- || ||-- |
|6-Color Processor || || || || || || ||-- |
|PerfectColor & PerfectTint ||-- ||-- || ||-- ||-- || || |
|iPhone Remote Control app ||-- ||-- || ||-- ||-- ||-- ||-- |
|HDMI input ||4 ||4 ||4 ||3 ||3 ||4 ||4 |
|Component input |
(Y, PB, PR)
|2 ||2 ||2 ||2 ||2 ||2 ||2 |
|Composite input ||2 ||2 ||2 ||2 ||2 ||2 ||2 |
|Wired IR input ||-- ||-- || ||-- ||-- || || |
|USB port || || || || || || || |
|MP3 and JPEG playback || || || ||-- ||-- || || |
|Ethernet || || || ||-- || || || |
|Energy Star 4.0 || || || || || || || |
|Models: ||LT-55154 ||LT-40164 |
| || ||WD-65838 |
| || |
With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience.
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.
- Minimum size = Viewing distance/3
- Maximum size=Viewing distance/1.5